Season 3 Scores

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Timpegoose, Aug 19, 2011.

1. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

Troy 63
    UAB 24

A few things we found out from this game. Our punter will be an All-American, and win the award for best punter. Our defense spends more time on their backs then most women. And I probably won't win a game until Week 10. Troy's HB ran for 299 yards and 3 TDs, and their QB went for 341 and 5 TDs. None of this bodes well going into next week's game at home against Mississippi State.

2. OMlawdog

OMlawdog Going full Cheeze

Eastern Michigan - 31
    Hawaii - 28

I jumped out to a 21-3 lead, on the back of my defense, by causing two picks and running them both back for TD's, and then I lost my starting HB to an injury, and all of a sudden I couldn't get first downs. Hawaii's offense moved the ball to the tune of 500 total yards. Player of the game was new JUCO signee Cameron Burley who had two picks, both for TD's, both of which were on plays that I haven't seen my defensive backs make in the first two years here.

Im not sure if we adjusted the run defense or not, but it was tough sledding to run the ball, only gaining 63 yards on 20 carries. Nice first win, this runs my winning streak to 9 games.

3. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

Season3 1-0.png

Ball State 28
    Minnesota 21 OT

Season3p2 1-0.png
    The Day of the freshmen...... despite some seriously shotty play from Edwards.... Freshman sensation on both sides of the ball dominated the action... Free Safety Andre Jones started the scoring for the day with a beautiful pick 6...... but the Player of the game was Chase Roberts who caught 5 passes for 131 yards and 2 scores... he seems to be open often... Edwards finished with just under 300 yards passing..... Hollis had 83 tough yards on 20 carries.

4. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Tyree is out for the season and star LB Mack is out for 3 weeks - consider the Bulls season over.

5. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

If injuries actually stick...

6. Keller

I know they did in the past but you're right - they didn't stick this week. Thank god.

7. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

They haven't stuck yet for me.

8. Keller

It must have been because I was playing that week against Drifter - when they stuck I was like oh they must have fixed it but I forgot it works for the commish. Sweet, season isn't ruined.

9. Keller

[​IMG]
    Computer was running an insane hurry up offense and cheesing like MFers but a late interception by Lester catapulted us for the win. Lot of ups and downs in this one, as previously mentioned my depth chart was in complete shambles and RB Tyree went out as well as stud MLB Mack. Was just a weird game.

10. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    UTEP - 44
    Colorado State - 22

The score in this game is misleading. Showcasing the new offense coach Shaun Mason installed in the off season, the UTEP Miners marched down the field and scored on a 2 yard run by the bulldozing fullback Kenneth Jones. Colorado State answered back by putting together a long drive punctuated by a Chris Nwoke rush. After punting, the Rams come back on the field but they fall prey to a zone blitz and Cameron Richards Lee stepped in front of a Pete Thomas pass and took it 29 yards for the score. Undaunted, the Rams drive the field again and Chris Nwoke (the running back) throws a touchdown pass out of the Wildcat.

The second half was all UTEP. The third quarter was defined by a great punt by UTEP that pinned the Rams on the 1. After a couple of runs being stuffed, Wesley Miller stepped in front of a desperation pass and walked the one yard into the end zone. After UTEP scored a field goal to go up 10 in the fourth, Colorado State went into desperation mode and forced another pass into coverage and Richards Lee took another pick six home. After that it was a 14-7 affair in UTEP's favor.

11. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    UTEP - 36
    New Mexico State - 26

In a battle of heated rivals, UTEP came out to show the world that their success at Colorado State was no fluke. The home crowd was excited to see the new style UTEP offense. In honor of the change, UTEP wore their blue jerseys with orange pants, a combination not before used at UTEP. The crowd was quickly quieted as New Mexico ran over the UTEP defense on their way to a touchdown. The two teams traded a couple tough defensive stands before UTEP got on the board with a 50 yard field goal. A few more exchanges and New Mexico State found themselves on the 8 yard line looking to go up 14-3. Last weeks start Cameron Richards Lee stepped in front of a terrible pass and took it 92 yards down the sideline to put the Miners up 10-7. This momentum didn't matter as New Mexico State roared back to score with five seconds left in the half to go up 14-10.

After giving up 200 yards in the first half, the new UTEP defensive coordinator was all over his unit and they responded by really getting after NMSU's Tanner Rust. UTEP got back within 1 by scoring on another long field goal by freshman kicker Will Wright (not The Sim's designer). Less than a minute later NMSU turned the ball over on an interception and QB Java Hall scored on a option to make it 19-14. Hall was playing after starter Eric Shuler went out with a bruised shoulder. UTEP didn't convert the two point conversion.

The jinxed NMSU offense came back out and fumbled on a completed pass, which was scooped up by linebacker Troy Redd who took it into the end zone. UTEP forced a three and out then drove to kick a field goal. After that the two teams traded touchdowns. NMSU finally ran out of time and UTEP ran the clock to end the game.

---

The UTEP offense was pretty lethargic this game, with only 165 yards and 4 first downs. Fortunately the defense scored twice and Will Wright scored 9 on short fields that turned into field goals. Java Hall pulled a Greg Jennings and put the team on his back doe.

12. JrRawlins

ballstpitt.png
    ballstpitt2.png

Some how, some way... Ball State gets to 2-0..... Edwards was solid most of the game... But Duran Hollis.... should be labeled half man half gorilla after his game against Pitt... he ran hard all game long... Chase Roberts scored twice and finished with 99 yards receiving...

PassingATTCompYardsTDInt

Rod Edwards 27 17 270 3 1

RushingATTYardsTDLong

Duran Hollis 28 178 1

13. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

UCF beat Central Michigan 21-14 in overtime. We got the transfer failed error and now Drifter is getting the same error while trying to advance.

14. OMlawdog

Nice end to this shitastic day for me.

15. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    I think it is because Mustang is still in the dynasty. He is away and is not answering text messages.

16. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    I got a twenty that says he is sleeping.:)

17. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    Close, he was eating.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

my lunch for the day. And been healthy, grilled chicken with steamed broccoli for lunch bitches. lost 8 lbs the last 2 weeks!

19. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

Plus I dont sleep in middle of the day on sundays, just sometimes after work

20. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

Rice - 56
    Mizzou - 27

Defense came up huge in this one. We let go of a few big runs, especially by impact HB Josey who broke numerous tackles. However, my defense was a turnover making machine. We had 3 fumble recoveries, one off an errant pitch, another option pitch that was 'intercepted', and a 3rd forced fumble off a sack. CB Callahan ran back the errant pitch for a TD, and DE Klare got the 2 yard line before he was brought down from behind off the sack fumble. We also had 2 ints to go with the fumbles. Starting HB Eddington was mostly ineffective for the 2nd week in a row and was injured again to make it the 3rd week he has missed significant playing time in a game. Backup Ross may be promoted to starting duty soon as he had a great day getting 170 yards on the ground with 3 scores. McHargue had a solid game with 2 TDs but 2 ints.

21. OMlawdog

Eastern Michigan - 45
    #7 Penn State - 35

Biggest win against the CPU that I have had, based on a monster game by my QB. He threw for 300 yards, 4 TD's and no picks. Just a game where I didn't make a mistake. Ran the ball effectively and simply outplayed them. They had some monster plays at times, but overall my team played great and I got the win off of some turnovers and just big time plays by my offense.

So of course fresh off this huge win, I shit the bed against Rutgers. Im talking shit the bed. Decided to get away from running the ball, focused on trying to pass it too much and overall just played like shit. Need to refocus my team and get ready for week 4. Im hoping my team can put this one behind them and move forward.

22. JrRawlins

Week 3Q1Q2Q3Q4Final

[​IMG]
    14 31 7 6 58

[​IMG]
    7 7 0 7 21

First Quarter

04:30 TD Ball State Chase Roberts WR #13 8 yard pass from Rod Edwards QB #4
    03:30 TD Ball State Duran Hollis HB #27 1 yard rush
    02:59 TD North Texas Brelan Chancellor WR #80 54 yard pass from Derek Thompson QB #7

Second Quarter

06:22 TD North Texas Dres Anderson WR #6 13 yard pass from Derek Thompson QB #7
    06:09 TD Ball State Duran Hollis HB #27 72 yard rush
    05:44 TD Ball State Andre Jones FS #28 37 yard interception
    02:36 FG Ball State Chris Vaughn K #3 36 yard field goal
    01:06 TD Ball State Chase Roberts WR #13 10 yard pass from Rod Edwards QB #4
    00:28 TD Ball State Chase Roberts WR #13 64 yard pass from Rod Edwards QB #4

Third Quarter

03:21 TD Ball State Horactio Banks HB #26 7 yard rush

Fourth Quarter

05:37 FG Ball State Chris Vaughn K #3 42 yard field goal
    04:14 TD North Texas Jeremy Boyd TE #88 2 yard rush
    01:26 FG Ball State Chris Vaughn K #3 20 yard field goal

just a good ole fashioned curb-stomping after North Texas scored 14 straight points to tie the game early in the second... it became the Andre Jones show.... 3 interceptions and 1 defensive touchdown later.... Rod Edwards and Chase Roberts put the game to bed late in the second quarter with back to back scores.....

Passing ATT Comp Yards TD Int
    Rod Edwards 16 11 228 3 0

Rushing ATT Yards TD Long
    Duran Hollis 13 115 2 72

Receiving Catches Yards TD Long
    Chase Roberts 5 109 3 64
    Aaron Mershman 3 57 0 27

23. Keller

[​IMG]
    GG John

Was an ugly game - especially for me in the passing game. Johns cheesy ass nano blitzes caused insta pressure and the ways I thought of to beat that were quick throws where the blitzer was blitzing from and checkdowns to the RB - neither worked. My qb couldn't hit my RB's in stride which resulted in no gains or incompletions and the times I made throws over the middle where the LBers were blitzing from were either swatted at the line or my QB threw inexplicable passes in the dirt or to the safety. Wanted to make me puke. Finished the day 4/15 with 32 yards passing and 2 INTs. The backup QB came in for a few snaps but he only threw 1 pass which was also for an INT.

Luckily the defense played fairly well and the running game + special teams was enough to get us over the hump. Rice struggle running the ball, averaging under 2ypc on the day which would have been even worse if not for QB McHargue's scrambles. Rice was effective through the air most of the day, save for a few retarded throws that also plagued the Bulls.

Play of the game came late with the game tied on 3rd and about 4. Tyree had already checked out of the game with an injury. I was just on the edge of field goal range so I needed a first in order to even have a chance at kicking. Oliver takes the ball left, spins off of one tackle right into the safety but he spins off of that tackle as well, busting a long run down the left sideline and gets out of bounds to preserve the clock and a timeout. I take a handoff to center up the kick and call timeout. John tries to ice me but as I'm sitting dead center with about a 30 yarder, the kick is a cakewalk and I walk away with the win.

Again GG, tough to lose like that John.

24. Keller

[​IMG]

25. JrRawlins

[​IMG]