Season 3 Scores

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by gowazzucougs, Oct 23, 2011.

1. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

Post them here

2. Darkwing

Darkwing One Nation Under God

Looks like u went on a roll making threads. Shouldn't this be under the Game Summaries sub-forum?

3. gowazzucougs

probably, I was distracted with my wife nagging me, I will move it.

4. Tschetter2

Tschetter2 Walk On

Utah 24 Neb 0

Utah blanks last years BCS runner up in Salt Lake. There was plenty of turnovers in this game with Neb having 7 and Utah with 3. I got all mine out of the way in the first half and then was able to pull away in the 2nd half. My rushing attack carried us to this victory with 183 yds on 39 car and 1 td. Robles the 5th year senior went 10-16 passing for 133 yds 2 td and 3 int. VJ Fehoko had the big game on defense for the Utes with 6 tackles with 1 sack and 2 int. Kellen Pettit for Neb had 2 picks as well. Carnes for Neb went 8-19 for 111 yds and 4 ints before getting benched in the 4th qtr. He also led their rushing attack with 44 yds on 8 carries.

5. Connor

Connor Walk On

Idk if this game was as frustrating for you as it was for me, but dang. It seemed like that first half for both of us we would get something going and then turnover. You figured it out in the end. There was one play where it looked like your guy teleported to get an INT. Going to be a tough year for Nebraska since we are so young.

6. Tschetter2

Tschetter2 Walk On

Ya that 1st half was something, finally i just did the smart thing and rode my run game. Ya next year's gonna be tough for me fore ill be young at my skill postions and line

7. Ghost

Ghost Before the rollieee!

Week 1Q1Q2Q3Q4OTFinal

[​IMG]
    3 14 9 3 0

[​IMG]
    3 7 7 7 0

First Quarter

04:08 FG Baylor Aaron Jones K #43 28 yard field goal
    01:43 FG USC Andre Heidari K #47 33 yard field goal

Second Quarter

03:26 TD USC Michael Cox TE #32 18 yard pass from Cody Kessler QB #6
    01:01 TD USC Robert Woods WR #2 28 yard pass from Cody Kessler QB #6
    00:14 TD Baylor Darius Jones WR #7 25 yard pass from Bryce Petty QB #14

Third Quarter

04:07 SF Baylor Bryce Petty QB #14 0 yard safety
    00:53 TD Baylor Bryce Petty QB #14 4 yard rush
    00:02 TD USC George Farmer WR #87 58 yard pass from Cody Kessler QB #6

Forth Quarter

01:31 FG USC Andre Heidari K #47 19 yard field goal
    00:05 TD Baylor Glasco Martin HB #8 7 yard pass from Bryce Petty QB #14
    Final Score 29-24

8. Darkwing

SC.gif
    Gamecock Football
    Screen Shot 2011-10-23 at 11.56.00 PM.png

Mother of God
    Apparently I was looking ahead to a promising season. Not so fast. Enter Stephen Kaiser, the God of College Football. SMU dominated throughout the entire game as I never stood a chance even without the handful of turnovers. Not much more to say outside of I just got Texas Tech'ed.
    Screen Shot 2011-10-24 at 12.04.15 AM.png
    I'm also happy my receivers seemed to be enjoying the SMU show as they must have been eating buttered popcorn on the sideline because EVERY potential big passing play for me was dropped. Because of this I noticed another EA flaw, it showed I only had a couple dropped passes, I freaking wish. I guess there's always next week. Nothing to be ashamed about by getting my ass kicked at the hands of the #40 ranked team and to my guess the potential Heisman winner in Kaiser.

9. Boom29

Boom29 Walk On

Ouch! I know the feeling of a player going "off" on you. At least you lost a non-conference game.

10. Darkwing

3 CPU losses in a row (y) fml

11. Connor

Connor Walk On

12. mikedeep97

mikedeep97 Walk On

Told you guys, in year three SMU goes ham.. I don't know why, but their team just makes this Quantum Leap into some kind of powerhouse team. The QB seemingly hits EVERY pass..

If they don't catch a user "L" or get a rash of injuries you may see them playing for the title.

13. Ghost

Ghost Before the rollieee!

yea so does USF and Miami ohio university evry league i been in they get way better season 2 or 3

14. gowazzucougs

Ohio State 17
    #1 Stanford 28

I had to replay the game because I got TF, the only difference between both games was that Shane Fontenot had better stats, everything else was the same. HB Anthony Wilkerson had a spectular game rushing 27 times for 180 yards and scoring 3 TDs. True Freshman Joe Fry didn't disappoint catching 8 passes for 123 yards. QB Brett Nottingham had a frustrating day throwing 3 picks, but was able to lead the Cardinal to victory. Up next Michigan State.

15. Connor

Connor Walk On

#13 Nebraska 35 - 28 Southern Miss

#13 Nebraska struggled at times against unranked Southern Miss. They struggled on defense, especially when they needed to make key stops. Southern Miss had 86 rush Yds and 260 pass Yds. There always seemed to be an open receiver for Southern Miss on 3rd or 4th down as they were 6-16 on 3rd down and 4-4 on 4th down for a total of 10-16 conversions. Carnes is still having difficulty as he was 7-11 for 109 Yds 2 TDs and 2 INTs with 46 Yds rushing and a fumble. Smith had a huge game with 210 Yds rushing and 2 TDs. Green added one as well.

Nebraska has a huge test text week versus Oklahoma.

16. mikedeep97

mikedeep97 Walk On

#5 Alabama 26 - #20 Michigan State 10

The scoring didn't begin until a Mason Payne 7 yard scamper early in the second quarter. After stopping MSU on the ensuing drive, AJ McCarron connected on a 61 yard bomb to speedy Soph WR DJ Washington. The PAT was blocked, leaving UA leading MSU by a score of 13-0. After trading blows, Michigan State RS Sr QB Peter Badovinic answer JUST before the half w/ a 58-yard screaming hail mary that found Donald Spencer at the 1 yard line where he charged into the endzone. Nick Saban had flashes of Brett Bielema after the play. The score made it a 13-7 game at the half, so we played the remainder of the game (after a connection error midway through the 2nd Qtr of our first game).

In the second half, MSU started out w/ the ball and promptly fumbled the first handoff on a Hesean Clinton-Dix strip. The Jr SS from Orlando, FL had a big day leading the team with seven tackles and the crucial forced fumble. After the recovery Bama went on to score on the drive as McCarron found Washington again on the backline of the endzone to build a 20-7 lead early in the third quarter. McCarron lead an efficient offense connecting on 8 of 14 pass attempts for 140 yards and 2 TD. The Tide ground attack piled up 156 yards on 22 attempts (*not including two McCarron sacks for -14 yards*).

Next up the Crimson Tide travel to Eugene to face the #23 Oregon Ducks.

17. mikedeep97

mikedeep97 Walk On

You gotta quit it w/ these nail-biters, guy.

18. Connor

Connor Walk On

Tell me about it.

19. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On

Oregon 45
    South Carolina 24

Oregon picks ups a big win on the road against a SEC team, 45 to 24. South Carolina's Marcus Lattimore struck early, but it was all Oregon after the initial rush from Lattimore. Oregon would cause a fumble and take it back for a touchdown after a receiver caught a short pass, and then Bryan Bennett would connect with Keanon Lowe to put the Ducks on top for the first time, 14-7. Bennett would tack on another passing touchdown and rushing touchdown before the half ended, and Lache Seastrunk would also score one to give Oregon a 35-10 lead into the half. The second half, it was clear that Oregon would run the ball and not attempt to put too many more points up, and after a scoreless 3rd quarter, Oregon would put the 2nd string offense and defense in the 4th quarter to prevent any injuries to the starters. Kenny Bassett consider this his chance to get noticed as he would rush for 59 yards and a touchdown in the 4th quarter alone. Bryan Bennett finished the day with respectable numbers going 9-16 170 yards and two passing touchdowns and another rushing touchdown in limited action. Lache Seastrunk would have 17 rushes for 111 yards and a touchdown. The Ducks move to 1-0 on the young season and South Carolina drops to 0-2.

20. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On

#19 Oregon 17
    #3 Alabma 0

In a game where we thought it would be Oregon's high octane offense vs Alabama's strong holding defense, it was the exact opposite. Oregon's defense really showed up and proved they could play with another hard nose SEC team, forcing the Senior QB AJ McCarron into 4 interceptions on the day. AJ only completed 7 passes total. Alabama seemed to try a lot of deep passes and the anchor of the Oregon Defense Issac Dixon came up with two big interceptions. Corner Back Dior Mathis came up with the other 2 picks. Oregon's offense played pretty well, but bad coaching decisions cost them a few more points. There were 3 missed field goals, and at least two of those should have never been kicked as the kicker just didn't had the power. The coach decided to kick the field goals instead of going for very easily manageable fourth downs. Bryan Bennett had a solid performance going 19-22 for 252 yards but had 0 touchdowns. Brian Teague would have the only two touchdowns on the day, one on a designed run, and the other on a triple option, where he caught a pitch from Bennett for the 3 yard score. Lache Seastrunk had a solid outing rushing the ball 19 times for 84 yards, and had a few that if he could have just made one guy miss, he would have been off to the races. Oregon moves to 2-0 while Alabma drops to 0-1 on the season. Oregon faces off against conference rival Stanford next in a very early season matchup that should decided the conference title in the north.

21. Boom29

Boom29 Walk On

[​IMG][​IMG]

Spartans Upset #2 Ranked Stanford

Stanford QB Brett Nottingham scrambled on 4th and 10 needing 10 yards to keep the Cardinal drive alive as they attempted to tie the game or take the lead; unfortunately for Nottingham, he was caught from behind after a 3 yard gain, giving the ball back to the Spartans. On the ensuring possession, needing just a first downs to win the game, Michigan State broke through as HB Jeremy Brown took the handoff 68 yards for a touchdown and a 24-14 lead.

The contest began with Nottingham throwing an interception to Michigan State's CB Tony Lippett, however, the Spartans returned the favor, and more. Spartan QB Peter Badovinic was intercepted in the end zone by CB Lance Franklin, who promptly returned the pick 103 yards for the score, and a 7-0 lead. Michigan State would come back to tie the game on a perfectly executed WR screen to Bennie Fowler of 69 yards.

The turning point of the game occurred with Stanford driving late in the first quarter as star RB Anthony Wilkerson suffered a concussion and was declared out for the game. Later in the drive, with the ball inside the 5 yard line, Nottingham lost a fumble at the goal line as he was about to score.

Stanford opened the scoring in the second half taking a 14-10 lead on a 9 yard TD run by HB Remound Wright. Though Stanford appeared to have taken the momentum, Michigan State responded, needing only four plays to regain the lead, 17-14, highlighted by a 49 yard completion from Badovinic to WR Donald Spencer. From that point on , both defenses would tighten up, getting timely stops until Brown's TD run.

Scoring Summary

Q1 Q2 Q3 Q4 Final
    #2 Stanford 7 0 7 0 14
    #23 Michigan State 7 3 7 7 24

Quarter Time Type Team Scoring Details
    First 5:36:00 TD Stanford Lance Franklin CB #24 103 yard interception
    First 5:21:00 TD Michigan State Bennie Fowler WR #13 69 yard pass from Peter Badovinic QB #11
    Second 2:25:00 FG Michigan State Carlos Barber K #48 31 yard field goa
    Third 1:38:00 TD Stanford Remound Wright HB #22 9 yard rush
    Third 0:53:00 TD Michigan State Bennie Fowler WR #13 5 yard pass from Peter Badovinic QB #11
    Fourth 0:43:00 TD Michigan State Jeremy Brown HB #26 68 yard rush

Coach's Notes
    - The loss of Wilkerson was huge for Stanford, their best offensive player was out of the game
    - Stanford got one interception, but had a chance for more. We got lucky on some of those throws
    - We still don't have a consistent running game...we have to find one soon
    - We had a couple timely sacks that took Stanford out of field goal range

22. Tschetter2

Tschetter2 Walk On

Utah 49 Colorado 7

This was a cupcake of a game but nonetheless its a win in the conference, Williams and Palamo just ran all over them. Robles went 11-15 fro 131 yds and 2 tds. Williams had 13 car for 136 yds and 1 td avg 10.4 yds a carry. Palamo had 156 yds on 11 car and 3 tds 14.1 yds a car. In the 4th Langi came into mop up and he had 56 yds on 8 car. Hopefully we play just as sharp againt a tougher USC team next week.

23. Darkwing

[​IMG]
    Screen Shot 2011-10-30 at 4.07.02 PM.png

The Buckeyes lose a heartbreaker in this one as they come up just short in a battle against #10 LSU. Statistically, the team's numbers were very similar so the game was decided on intangibles and turnovers. Ohio State surrendered two possession-changers both on the ground and through the air. The biggest difference maker of these was the game opening kickoff return fumble by Jordan Hall that set the Tigers up with a short field and the early lead.

Aside from the turnovers the Buckeyes had other issues. Starting HB Jordan Hall was knocked out of the game in the 2nd quarter with a mild concussion. Also, newly-appointed starting QB Braxton Miller had trouble finding his WRs. In the game deciding drives late into the 4th quarter Miller consistently overthrew receivers that had burnt their coverage deep and were wide open. Including the final play of the game which easily should have been caught for the game-winner had the pass been remotely accurate.

It was an exciting game as the first time calling the shots for The Ohio State University. Death Valley was rocking and the LSU defense played big. Don't like the tough loss but it was a good game for these kids. We'll learn from this experience and practice hard from here on out. Expect a big bounce back next week at home against Akron.

24. Boom29

Boom29 Walk On

Is that 4 in a row now against CPU?

Good to have you in conference btw :)

25. Darkwing

Here yes, including my Experience league it was up to 5 until this morning lol...struggling to get my defense to play on 3rd downs. Still haven't completely adjusted to playing on All-American, I've always ran with Heisman as I feel it provides a more realistic game.

Anyway ya...couldn't resist taking my beloved team (awesome win last night!) and getting a rivalry started with you :D