Season 3 Scores

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Bondzai, Aug 27, 2012.

1. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

Virginia: 14
    Tennessee: 29

Tennessee wins their home opener after a power outage delay in Neyland Stadium. HB Marlin Lane led the way with 112 yards on the ground while CB Geraldo Orta paced the defense with 2 interceptions.

Next week, Tennessee opens up conference play at Mississippi State.

2. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

They just upset Florida this week. They might be tough this year.

3. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

Alot of upsets in week 1. #6 Utah got smoked by a unranked Stanford..

4. Flo308

Flo308 "Ocean Front Property"

Week 1
    Miami Ohio 7 - South Carolina 35

Passing: Thompson 10/12/205, TD, Int
    Rushing: Wilds 26/171, 2tds
    Receiving: Utley 5/96
    Defense: DE Clowney 5 tackles, 4 solo, sack

5. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

Houston - 31
    Ole Miss - 28

This was Houston's first trip against an SEC team and it turned out to be an intense game that wasnt decided until the final seconds. Houston received first, but quickly went 3 and out after WR Spencer let a pass hit him in the facemask. Ole Miss looked excellent on their first drive. Coach Timpe mixed up runs and short to medium range passes all the way down the field for an impressive drive. Houston got a bit worried. We did get the offense on track and the defense stepped up to finish off the 1st quarter and head into the 2nd with 17 unanswered points off 2 Holliman TD runs and a field goal. Right before half, Wallace hit WR Moncrief on a drag and the speedy WR made a few DBs look foolish for a 21 yard TD. We go into half 17-14

The 3rd quarter saw a bunch of stout defense and bonehead plays on offense. Things got going again in the 4th though. 3 seconds into the 4th, Holliman caps off a long drive with a 1 yard TD run which was #3 on the day which followed a huge 69 yard reception by TE Bibbins on a PA. Miss wastes little time and WR Sanders catches a 47 yard bomb impressively jumping in front of his coverage. Houston fails to convert the first and punts, but the Miss PR got a bit greedy and didnt fair catch, and CB Moody forced the fumble which Houston recovered. A few plays later, Piland elects to take one in himself with a 6 yard TD run to make the score 31-21. 2 minutes later, Wallace and Moncrief connect again on a 6 yard TD pass. All game long we struggled at stopping Miss on 3rd down. With a 3 point lead, Houston cant keep the drive going and is forced to punt with about 2 min left. Ole Miss and QB Wallace get it going again. I want to mention how much of a tank Wallace was all game. He tore me up on some options and he broke about 4-5 tackles on would be sacks.
    The last drive I brought almost non stop pressure as Timpe picked apart my zones and man if given time. I was hoping to force a mistake or a sack that put him out of field goal range. With Ole Miss on my 25-30 with about 15 seconds left on 3rd, Wallace drops back to pass for the last time. I bring 6 rushers, 4 dl and 2 LBs and MLB Mathews gets good pressure on Wallace, but the QB shrugs off Mathews. This delay helped give freshman DE Hill time to hit Wallace, but Wallace busted through another would be sack. He started to panic again as DT Mbu was breaking free of his blocker and Wallace threw it to the sideline, trying to avoid being sacked and out of FG position. The QB's feet werent set and the pass wasnt that great, and Sr CB Tillman jumped the route for the game sealing int with 7 seconds left on the clock. An exciting finish to a good game.

GG Timpegoose . I think if Timpe stuck with his run and option game a bit more, I would've been in trouble as his HB averaged about 6 ypc, but only ran it 11 times. We both suffered some huge drops by WRs and DBs which really could've altered the game in major ways each time.

Stats
    Piland - 18/30 251 yards
    Wallace - 22/40 299 yrds 3 TD 2 int 6 att 22 yrds

Holliman - 19 att 95 yrds 3 tds
    Parker - 11 att 64 yrds 1 td

Bibbins - 4 rec 111 yrds
    Greenberry - 5 rec 73 yrds
    Spencer - 6 rec 62 yrds

Moncrief - 9 rec 120 yrds 2 TDs (watch out SEC, this WR is dangerous)
    Sanders - 4 rec 88 yrds 1 TD

6. Flo308

Week 2
    Alabama 24 - South Carolina 17
    Dominated them for 3 1/2 quarters and lost it late.

7. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
  8. jkhaalis991

jkhaalis991 Back in The Deuce...been gone too long.

:)........yes u did.....sliders must be fucked up lol....my PC is fucked so
    I can't post....I'm using my wife's iPad and she wants it back lol

9. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Week 1
    Missouri - 47
    FIU - 45

I literally have zero defense. Anyway, James Franklin started this game off with a bang.

In fact, there were four:
    • 6:44TDMizzouJames Franklin QB #1 73 yard TD
    • 4:07TDMizzouJames Franklin QB #1 67 yard TD
    • Andrew Ramsey WR #15 61 yard TD from James Franklin QB #1
    • Got hit on a passing attempt and BANG, broken collarbone, career over
    After that, we literally traded scores. Down 45-44 I hit a jump ball to DBG with 0:4 seconds left and kicked a 49 yard field goal (iced, from the hash no less) for the game winner.

Player of the game: 67 overall HB Nick England who carried the ball 22 times for 165+ yards.

Week 2
    Missouri - 38
    #14 Utah - 35

Once again, my defense stayed home. I went up 21-14 at half with Maty Mauk running the show, the score that separated us at half was a field goal I returned. In the second half, I managed to go up 28-14 before Utah came roaring back to tie it up. Tied up, the Utes stuck me deep in my half, but QB Maty Mauk broke a tackle on a read option and took it 76 yards to the house. Utah came right back and scored to tie it up. I drove down the field trying to grind the clock and ended up with 4th and goal and 4 seconds left. I took the field goal for the win.

10. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

Welcome to the cant cover shit club

11. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    cue Phil Collins ..

" I can feel it comin' in the air tonight"

waits for BBJ's recap. :)

12. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

They mustve used no huddle

13. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    lol Not sure..was just waiting to see..

14. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

[​IMG]7
    [​IMG]45

The Jayhawks just steamrolled USF.... scoring 45 straight points and almost pitching a shutout.. Jake Heaps completed 16 of 20 passes for 247 yards and 4 tds. Defensively, the Jayhawks caused 4 turnovers and had 3 sacks.

15. OMlawdog

OMlawdog Going full Cheeze

Bob, you will come to realize that BBJ's rants go one of two ways. He either disappears for a few days, or he posts immediately after the game is over. It looks like he is going the way of disappearing.

Check back Saturday.

16. OMlawdog

OMlawdog Going full Cheeze

Iowa State - 29
    Iowa - 28

One of the best CPU games I have played in a while. Just a really fun game. Barnett had a solid game running and passing, going for 4 TD's total. Shontrelle Johnson had a 100 yards rushing and 50 yards receiving. Clay Parks had a solid game with 5 receptions for about 66 yards, while Jarvis West was feast or famine, with a big TD Reception yet he fumbled two fucking times almost costing us the game.

Iowa could have easily won this game if they had continued to pound the rock. They got away from what worked and it cost them. Their RB had 100 yards in the first half, and they just went away from him in the second half.

17. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

I'll do some catching up on summaries tonight now that my laptop screen is fixed.

18. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    TTU 24
    NEB 10

Really, really fun game. Was extremely defensive until late in the 4th when I scored a TD from a yard out. It was one of the more enjoyable games vs cpu that I have had this release. It was 7-7 at the Half, and then Freshman WR Josh Holt broke a 45 yard touchdown. With the lackluster offense it turned out to be the play of the game. I also went through 3 quarterbacks, with my starter being knocked out in the 2nd quarter.

19. JrRawlins

Washington 45
    Kansas 23

Just got destroyed by the Huskies again...my defense was terrible... Offense was terrible too

20. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

I was up 10-7 on Florida in the 2nd quarter and then they proceeded to prison rape me.

21. jkhaalis991

jkhaalis991 Back in The Deuce...been gone too long.

Week 4:
    #8 Auburn: 41
    #20 Kentucky: 24

The 1st half we played good...we were only down 10-3 going into the 2nd half...but I guess at halftime Auburn coach Gene Chiszik told his team "Lets be real guys......there fucking Kentucky....need I say more?" I guess he didn't cause they proceeded to put up 31 points on me in the 2nd half....I'll be falling back to the unranked now.

Looking at the SEC standings....it might be a tight race all the way to the end. Need some1 to knock off Alabama though.

22. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

WEEK 1:

Ole Miss 37
    Minnesota 19

We opened up a big lead in the first half outscoring the Gophers 23-3 behind some solid all-around play. HB Parker opened up the scoring with a 64 yard scamper before Minnesota would get their only 3 points of the game. From there on out it was all Rebels until the 4th. Bo Wallace led the scoring for us with 2 passing TDs and a rushing TD. Senior wideout Donte Moncrief had a solid start to the season with 5 catches for 91 yards and a TD. He will continue to be the focal point of our offense as the season goes on.

23. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

WEEK 4

Georgia 21
    Ole Miss 13

This was a hell of a game in Athens, as Ole Miss came to play against a very good Georgia team. Most of the action came in the 2nd quarter, where we scored twice, including a pick 6 with 14 seconds left in the half to cut the lead to 1 before the extra point. After the PAT rattled off the upright, Georgia took a 1 point lead into the half and Ole Miss had all the momentum. The defenses would come out ready to play in the 2nd half, holding strong for 9 minutes before Georgia would finally break through with a 69 yard run from stud HB Keith Marshall, who gashed our defense all day for 240 yards and 3 TDs. Our problem wasn't necessarily moving the ball, but everytime we'd get down inside the 40, we'd either turn it over or our drive would stall out. Bo Wallace through 3 picks on the day, and just really struggled with some throws. Moncrief added another 7 catches for 70 yards and a TD. Really fun game against a good Georgia team. Another tough test next week hosting Boise State.

24. JrRawlins

Maryland 41
    Kansas 31

We suck right now. -13 in turnover margin in 3 games and we can't stop terrible offenses with conference play around the corner Changes are very necessary before its too late

25. Flo308

Auburn 9 - South Carolina 14

This was an old fashion smash mouth game. Field position was key in this game and my QB did his part in keeping them in he game with 2 picks. We survived and that all that matters.