Season 3: Signed Recruits + Injuries Thread

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by MurkYa21, Oct 11, 2009.

1. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Season 3: Signed Recruits + Injuries Thread

Here we go....

2. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

Rice brings in another 6'4 200lbs SS. This one a :2stars: out of Seguin, TX. Rice's first insta-commit if im not mistaken.

Grant King
    4.46 40yd
    336bench
    325squat
    C- AWR

None of his other stats will wow you. He is just big and fast. Good candidate for a redshirt next season as Rice's SS position is locked down.

3. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Central Michigan received word today that Junior WR Jerry Harris will have to sit out from practice for an entire week because of back spasms.

Harris was injured in the first half of CMU's over time victory against Hawai'i.

Harris accounted for 4 receptions for 127 yards and a TD before his injury!

4. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

Working on the #1 recruit in the country:)5stars: HB from TX). I jumped up to #5 on his list after not even being on his list week1. I just beat Texas and have his bar full and his football smiling... should jump up even higher now. If I can manage to snag him he would surely be the most highly ranked prospect in Rice history.

5. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Central Michigan's 87 Overall Freshman OLB Marcus Kemp was injured in the Hawai'i game, and will sit out 2 weeks with a sprained elbow. The doctors will make a game time decision as to whether or not he is ready for the Notre Dame game.

6. dub

dub Banned

B, why are you going after my dude!?! You better not waste your 5 star going after him. He's looking at Buffalo for a reason..

7. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

Looks like houston is going to throw their hat into this ring. I wasn;t on his board but had a nice little diamond up in his window sooooooo I offered and jumped to 8th without even advancing. 1st time I have seen that You want to wager this dude over the Bayou Bucket......

8. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

This week will be huge for me if I can get a 'W'. I play #2 Notre Dame, and have 2 very important recruits coming. A 5 star MLB which I am 2nd or 3rd on his list, and 4 star WR 4.30 40yd Mike Berg.

I need Mike Berg. He is a game breaker, but is looking heavily at UCF. While the 5 star MLB would compliment my current bad ass Marcus Kemp.

9. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

Murk have you noticed that your 5*'s during the season don't have the same skills as the ones added at the start of offseason recruiting?

10. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

Oh and by the way last week I jumped to #8 on the RB's list and had a diamond next to him this week I am not on the list and have no diamond? WTF is that about?

11. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Yeah, well the higher up on the list I think the better they will turn out. That OLB I got last year was a freak and #1 overall sooo..

This guy isn't quite as good, but I think he'll come in in the 80s

You'll have th diamond just one time for a player..

so in your case, you had it last week, you put him on your board and his interest magically shoots up...after that week it's all you, no help from the CPU.

12. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

No way lol. Ill take him the old fashion way. Just jumped up to #2 and scheduled a visit.

13. NatiSaint

NatiSaint Walk On

It would appear as if Samuel of the UCF Knights has suffered a Dislocated Elbow... He will likely be out of action for 11 weeks.

The Knights will be looking at Griffin to make a stand in the running game - Latavious Murray has proposed that he will take over the rushing haul if he has to...

As of right now - nothing is definitive.

14. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

You give up on the #1 recruit in the country york? (the 5* HB from TX)

Im #1 on his list and he is scheduled to visit (among others) Rice during the Tulsa game. Its a rivalry game for me, but I dont think Tulsa considers it a rivalry game lol. Rice sucks.

15. Jman

Jman It's a Flying Circus!

You beat my ass last year dude.

Lost 74 OVR FR Fullback for 5 weeks.

Signed top prospect in OK, the #2 WR in the nation with an insta sign...sweetness. He's no Damaris, but he should come in an 80 or so.

16. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

Yeah I dropped him I have a FR stud RB redshirting this season(came in at an 82) I have a JR, SR, RSFR and if I get the FR :3stars: speed back I will be all set. I like my board plus I want to save the 5 star I can get this year for the guys added at the end of the season. I am hoping for a :5stars: WR

17. dub

dub Banned

Yeah, I got the best recruit I ever saw in the offeseason once. Those offeseason recruits are money.

88 RB with 95 speed, 97 Acceleration, 88 BTK. The dynasty disbanded the next season as he was being red-shirted, so I never got to see what he would've done.

Problem is, with these lower rated schools, that's running a HUGE risk of passing up your 5 star all together, because you wont have a lot of time to persuade him to sign at your school over the big ones.

18. dub

dub Banned

Right now I'm going after the #1 QB in the nation, Doty

and the #7 RB in the nation (may be losing him to Florida though).

both 5 stars

19. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

Because I lost to Ike last year(we had a bet on our game)I cannot recruit outside of TX. I had 3 4 star guys interested in me but are out of state

20. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

You really did that? So you can only recruit in Texas?

21. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

I guess Texas is the best state to be confined to though haha

22. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

exactly I bet him if I won he could not recruit in TX for one year and If he won I could not recruit outside of TX for one year

23. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

Sounds like you took that one in the noodle....I'll be you 10 man pride points I'll take my 2-3, C+ squad to your house and beat your ranked, B squad....

24. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

ALL I GOTTA SAY IS BRING IT BITCH!!!!!

25. The Shrike

The Shrike Colonel Thrillz

#1 WR Garrick Piggot out for 3 weeks with a torn pectoral, leaving me with only 3 WRs over 70 OVR...