Season 3 Slider Discussion 3

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by The Natural, Dec 8, 2011.

1. The Natural

The Natural Public Enemy #1

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 8, 2011
  2. The Natural

Finishing up my first game vs LSU and here are my thoughts:

1) DB's do not play well. So man coverage is very loose and they are more unresponsive in zone.
    2) It's much easier to stop the CPU's run game as the offensive linemen do not make it to the second level to block the Linebackers.
    3) DB's drop SO MANY PASSES. I probably set the NCAA record for "Pass Deflections" in one game.

It's definitely more challenging...not in an entertaing way though. It's more difficult like trying to change a car tire with flaming oven mitts on.
    Your WR will be open but the QB accuracy is shitty so you will miss them wide open. But even when you do throw an errant pass to a DB more than likely drop it anyways lol.

The best way I can say to describe a game with these sliders is "sloppy", it makes for a real sloppy football game. Like when two shitty teams play on Monday night football and you are wondering why they would schedule such terrible teams for prime time TV and why you are still watching it anyways.

3. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

In response to Naturals comments:
    I thought my DBs played great. I thought their DBs played great. I thought the pass game was great. Neither team had a Heisman like Dline penetration on passes which was good for both passers. I played better passing then I did last year.

I agree about the run game. It was easy to stop them and they only had 1 decent run all game. Otherwise it was TFL or short gains. My running was difficult but it was Florida. I didnt expect to run for 300 total yards. Gordon put up a good effort

I dont think I dropped a single INT. 3 picks for my team and 3 deflections but they were not interceptable balls. I know they dropped a few but I was thankful for that.

MY QB accuracy was not an issue at all. Probably better then i remember the old set being.

I give the sliders a good rating overall ad I played against #1 Florida. It wasnt an easy victory at all. I trailed for 3 quarters

4. The Natural

Perhaps your experience might be different due to the high overall of your team. Will be interesting to hear feedback from some of the lower rated (non-biased) teams in their CPU games.

5. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

I agree. My team is B+ across the board. And Florida was As across the board. i know Fuzzy just got done and UofCwilcats is playing now. I would like to see how Virginia does against Arkansas

everyone needs to lay some feedback down

6. The Natural

Yeah my game just played very weird and unrealistic imo. When I mixed it up and brought some pressure the LSU QB would just toss it up to the WR and my DB would either be lost and out of position or in position and I would drop the INT. I was pretty annoyed by the 8 "pass deflections" that hit my secondary's hands.

Sometimes my offensive line would block and other times a guy would come right in at the snap. Same on the other side of the ball. On one play I rushed 3 and sacked the QB in like 2 secs who had blocked with 6. Just too much randomness like that for my liking so far.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2011
  7. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

I thought my game against Fresno was a bit more challenging. My secondary dropped a lot of picks, but Fresno picked off my QB an insane amount of times. I learned it's much harder to squeeze the ball into a tight hole. After the first INT, my QB seemed to overthrow the WRs more. He would miss them completely. My running game was really solid, 200+ yards for AJ Blue. I know once I play a better team it's going to be really tough.

8. fuzzyl0gic

Yeah I'll see how some other games play out, but the one setting I'm itching to change is the "Interceptions" attribute. It's at 25 right now, and effects the defense's ability to catch balls. Supposedly having it this low stops the LBs from jumping up and making crazy plays. My secondary dropped a lottt of picks, but Oshiomogho picked 3 off, so I dunno..

9. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

How do you change the slider on the LBs 80 inch verticals?

10. The Natural

Is it me or do they seem to do it more often now?? The CPU was playing me on aggressive pass defense and swatting down post patterns at the line of scrimmage.

11. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

definitely you

(y)

12. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

There is nothing wrong with these sliders. It feels like the old sliders we had before the switch to be honest.. I beat Arkansas without a problem 35-3 and held them to 147 total yards.

13. fuzzyl0gic

Since I just adjusted them in week 1, I wonder if they don't go effect until I advance to week 2? I kind of had my suspicions things would stay the same until I've advanced, but it seemed to play differently to me. I dunno..

14. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

People said they had difficulty running? I sure didn't but we will see the QB actually threw it to the wide open receiver instead of forcing bs lol

15. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

You could play the exact matchup 10 times with the same sliders and you will get 10 different results. Maybe even lose.

Im all for making things more challenging but we need a lot of data to make accurate analysis. Right now we are 5 games in and outscore our opponents by a combine 213-68. I was the only user to not break 35 and I managed 25 against the nations best team. NCSU skews the data with a 59-3 win over a 99th ranked Central Michigan team. Im going to enjoy week 2.
    Every user team is different talent levels and it's impossible to make things perfect for everyone.

The only thing that alarms me to this point appears to be the lack of offense by the computer. hearing that basically every computer only got like 200 total yards isnt right. Arkansas should have managed around 400+ even in a blowout IMO. (credit to the cavs). #1 ranked florida managed 293 yards against a defense (mine) that statistically ranked as one of the nations worst last year. I know my defense improved over the offseason but thats nearly 200 less yards then last year for me.

It's also impossible to judge anything correctly until we see user vs user games. Next week will be interesting

16. The Natural

Yes they will. I think the more talented teams will have a major advantage with these sliders, especially at QB and on the offensive & defensive line.

17. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On

Two major things I saw:

Still dropping pick after pick even though they're thrown right at me and I jump the route. (This was with my linebacker, FS, and CB.) Now I did have 3 picks, but it should have been a lot more than that)
    QB's accuracy looked good at times, and then terrible at others. Wide open receivers and I'd either throw it past them or throw it out of bounds.

18. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

And thats bad?

fuzzyl0gic I'm almost certain if you changed the sliders whlie we are in week 1, they don't take effect until next week.

I'm almost positive.

19. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

Well that's not cool....

20. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

so yeah guys, fuzzyl0gic said he didn't change the sliders until we were already in Week 1. That means nothing takes effect until week 2... you are all still playing on the sliders we played on last year.

21. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On

I'd have to think they went into effect on practice mode at least then because I threw a lot better in the game than I did in practice mode. Gardner overthrew everything, including drag routes in practice mode. If it wasn't, then maybe Gardner just sucks. (which is a possibility)

22. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Could be possible, but someone agreed with me when I brought it up in chat that the sliders don't take effect until the week is advanced. -Cougars- thought they played like the previous sliders, and thats because they likely are.

23. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

F the new sliders...I suck too much with the old sliders...

24. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

get over it you big baby

25. The Natural

BS, we are on the new sliders. Just like when he changed HFA last season it did not should SHOW it in the settings but HFA was indeed off.