Season 3 Sliders

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by GoGators, Dec 3, 2009.

1. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

Season 3 Sliders

We've had our third user vs CPU loss in as many weeks this week, perhaps the sliders are slightly too hard. I haven't played a worthy CPU opponent yet so I can't comment. What do you guys think? Where is the CPU too strong or the user too weak?

2. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

User tackling 40 --> 45

3. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

I'm not sure. Against GT and NCST, their QBs were pretty much unstoppable. They really lit me up. On the other hand, I just played VT in the OFFL E-league and JuJuJuJu only completed 35% of his passes for less than 70 yards. We use the same sliders in both leagues.

I do know that NCST was much more difficult than they should've been, but I still won.

4. LeGeNd RiPs

LeGeNd RiPs Is it football season yet?

You have to notice that the losses we have had have been very close. Thats what were here for. I think that all games should be close and competitive(even cpu games). Thats what I want. Even if i lose, it makes the game more fun to play.

5. Huronia8

Huronia8 Walk On

I should of lost my game.

Although I did have 6 dropped balls and Calhoun did explode against my defense.

CPU games should not be gimme games, especially vs top 25 competition.

6. LeGeNd RiPs

LeGeNd RiPs Is it football season yet?

Agreed. Thats how I feel.

7. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

Maybe we should ask Clemson how he does it.....because he seems to have very little trouble vs CPU.

It is nice though to see more competitive cpu games.

8. jello1717

I agree that losses against the CPU should happen and on our past slider set they didn't happen often enough.

9. GoGators

Alright, it seems that everyone likes the new slider set for now. Let's keep this discussion going throughout the season and more importantly, let's look at statistics. I don't want unrealistic CPU games just for the sake that they win. I want them to play realistic and force us to play realistic.

10. killajo90405

killajo90405 Walk On

I agree that I want competitive games and like the possibility of a CPU loss. Jello ripped me with his passing game and I was even worse against CPU. My guys missed point blank tackles they had no bizz not making.....I guess if florida burns me it's just me!

11. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

I think the tackle should be upped to 45, just seemed to miss too many tackles in both of my games

12. Quagmire34

Quagmire34 Guest

There is no defense, either way, in these User vs. CPU. Just look at the scores, man. It's a pass happy score fest every time!

13. GoGators

Just for the sake of argument, through 4 weeks we have:

6 teams in the top 25 for total offensive yards
    7 teams in the top 25 for passing yards
    3 teams in the top 25 for rushing yards
    8 teams in the top 25 for points per game

1 team in the top 25 for total defense
    1 team in the top 25 for pass yards allowed
    2 teams in the top 25 for rushing yards allowed

Note however, these numbers are slightly skewed because a lot of the CPU teams have only played 3 games so far.

14. GoGators

Alright, I was just reading the week 5 game summaries and it appears that the CPU is easily averaging 10+ ypc. This isn't quite realistic. I'm going to take a look at the sliders and make some minor tweaks. Not a lot, just some small ones to hopefully put the defenses back on the field. (I noticed Auburn had 1500 yds total from both teams).

I'll definitely bump tackles up to 45.

15. GoGators

Here's our current slider set:

Sliders
    Offense Human CPU[/U][/B]
    QB Accuracy 30 40
    Pass Block 55 45
    WR Catching 40 35
    RB Ability 40 55
    Run Blocking 45 55
    Defense Human CPU[/U][/B]
    Pass Coverage 40 60
    Pass Rush 45 50
    Interceptions 30 40
    Rush Defense 35 55
    Tackling 40 55
    Special Teams Human CPU[/U][/B]
    FG Power 35 45
    FG Accuracy 25 45
    P Power 50 50
    P Accuracy 25 55
    Kickoff Power 50 55

Projected changes:
    ?????

16. GoGators

Let's hear some feedback. I'm thinking these projected changes for next week:

Increase user tackling or rush defense by 5. (which one would be better? I'm thinking maybe rush defense because it would balance out better for user vs user games too)
    Increase CPU pass coverage by 5
    Increase user pass coverage by 5 and CPU accuracy by 5 to offset

The reason for changing the user pass coverage is I think in user vs user games we both play by the user sliders. This causes our coverage to be too soft from the AI. Does anyone else agree with this?

17. jello1717

Oh yeah. I want to clarify my "sliders don't affect user games" comment. In another OD, JFosh and I tested this theory. I created an OD and we played a game as Michigan vs. Alabama. I turned every offensive slider to 100 and every defensive slider to 0. The game played just like every other user game. If sliders did have an effect, our O-line would've been pancaking defenders left and right with 100 run blocking, our RBs would've been speed demons with 100 RBA, etc. We both agreed that there was 0% chance that those crazy sliders were affecting our game at all.