Season 3 Talk

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by controllerabuser, Jan 10, 2011.

1. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

Chalk it up in here... Already decided to go to Heisman recruiting.

Our sliders are almost the same as SH but I didn't make the last set of changes. I'd like to implement those for the start of next season.

Conference Challenge will be set-up again for next year.

Anything else?

2. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

yeah give me ND

3. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    Think we are covered man

4. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

not ND Colts I mean Notre Dame!

[​IMG]

5. controllerabuser

So, Dids asked me who I got starting at QB next year.. thought we could get some discussion going..

Either Taylor Graham or Ken Guiton..

I can't see the ratings right now but I'm pretty sure Guiton is a little faster but Graham has better accuracy. Guiton will be better in the big games because he will be a senior but he doesn't have much game experience so how much more better could that be?

Ken Guiton 6'2 172 from Houston Texas
    [​IMG]
    Dual-threat quarterback with unlimited potential … led Coach Ray Evans’ team to the district playoffs … 1,846 yards passing, 140 yards rushing, 21 TD as a senior … 2,592 yards passing, 329 yards rushing, 29 scores as a junior … District 19-5A offensive MVP … all-greater Houston and all-district … point guard for the basketball Eagles and a hurdler in track … honor roll student … son of Veronica and Kenneth Guiton Sr.

Taylor Graham 6'5 225 from Wheaton, Illinois
    [​IMG]
    Has prototypical size for the position. He stands tall in the pocket, has good mechanics and has solid arm strength, although adding velocity is something which could really help him in college. He is accurate and throws the ball on time, displaying the ability to hit receivers in stride. He makes quick decisions, showing good football acumen. He is not a running quarterback by any stretch, but does show the ability to throw on the move.

6. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

[​IMG]
    THE BOILERMAKERS MOVE ON TO THE :

[​IMG]
    The Zone Read will be practiced at length this Spring.​
    Henry boasts 93 speed and 90 acceleration and is ready to be the guy.​

7. controllerabuser

8. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

Kevin Pamphile's ability to disrupt in the middle was big for Purdue. He had 4 sacks.

Not really we are upperclassmen heavy right now, but if I had to My K Linkenheimer booted a 51 yarder (we may need to look at that slider lol) and Reggie Peagram the FB/2nd string HB will contribute.

No one let me down in week one. Henry does not have the ability to accurately throw some passes so it will be key to call the right plays to win.

Recruiting, we get whoever wants to come. however if we can get some instate guys to buy in and stay home we could end up with a nice class.

Rumors go in the Scoop thread.

9. controllerabuser

What's Pamphile's ratings? Damn.. 4 sacks from the middle.. That is beastmode.
    [​IMG]

I don't think the sliders are wrong at all for kicking, Diddy.. My kicker is horrible and he cannot make a 40 yarder or maybe even 35.

10. controllerabuser

On offense, Jordan Hall and Corey Brown. Hall is so damn elusive and quick with 99 elusiveness and acceleration. He hits the hole hard kind of like his coach. He is much better than Boom. Brown, is just a beast. Reminds a lot like Percy Harvin. We are trying to game plan for him to get a lot of touches. He is detrimental to our team especially on special teams. On defense, our corners Dominic Clarke and Christian Bryant, both are ball-hawking maniacs.

Rod Smith our 3rd stringer could be the workhorse, he just happens to be behind 2 great backs in Hall and Berry. Corey Brown(SO) and Christian Bryant(SO).

I think the offensive line did a little bit. That was early though because they did start doing their job in the 2nd half. Taylor Graham also let me down with some of his decision making.

There is nobody really that could make a difference but just add to the depth and perhaps make contributions come their sophomore or junior year.

The 2 interceptions for Graham raised a bit of concern. He is still much better than Ken Guiton. We actually are throwing around an idea to put Corey Brown as the #2 WR but we like him in the slot. Also, the offensive coordinator mentioned about bringing in a package like the wildcat specifically for Corey Brown but that would mean we'd have to change playbooks.

11. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

Week 1 Chat
    Who has impressed you in your week 1 game? Ryan Katz qb has impressed me. His int was a tip by the Dline and was pretty much perfect from that point on

Are you excited about any Freshman or Sophomores so far? not really at all

Who has let you down in week 1? Stevenson let me down. He got hurt before half time and i want him to be the main focus of the Beavers

What recruit on your board can make a difference in your program? Not a one of them can make a difference. Just trying to build a program here.

Any rumors?

12. controllerabuser

What are the similarities and differences between Jacquizz Rodgers and Stevenson(First name)?

I hate those damn tipped passes, ND.. Fuckin' throw off the whole swag of the QB!

13. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

Jovan Stevenson. Idk the difference didnt get to play with Rodgers. Stevenson does a great job of getting into and through the holes in the line. He has tremendous Acceleration and helps with getting past the Dline

14. DC

DC Shake n Bake

Who has impressed you in your week 1 game?
    Kenjon barner...lights out!! He was straight beastly! Too bad he's a senior

Are you excited about any Freshman or Sophomores so far?
    Not really. Most of my players are juniors and seniors

Who has let you down in week 1?
    no one really. Except maybe myself for letting them get back in the game

What recruit on your board can make a difference in your program?
    I have a few QBs that I'm anxious to get on campus

Any rumors?

Not at the moment

15. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:

Wow what a game from the offensive line and Silas Redd. Redd scored 4 touchdowns before halftime in the rout of Ohio. They really impressed me as a unit

LE Jayson Dowdell is a true Freshman and on defense I am excited about Jay Key, DE

To be honest it was a team victory, but the guy who has let me down is QB Robert Bolden. He comes in to play in the second half and the offense was stagnant. Not to mention he throws an interception. He only threw 2 passes all game...He needs to be in the film room more, or he won't see the field.

Well, we landed three offensive lineman the first week, but there are a couple of Athletes from our home state that we would like to land. Only time will tell
    Any rumors?

16. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

BIG BODY, BIG ARM IN TEMPE
    [​IMG]
    SR QB Brock Osweiler will lead the 2013 Arizona State Sun Devils in a gruesome Pac-10 effort.
    The Arizona State Sun Devils will begin the 2012-2013 campaign at home against a rebuilding Illinois team. We caught up with New Head Coach Frisk to ask him some questions about the game.​
    Q: Who has impressed you in your week 1 game?
    A: Our week 1 game against Illinois was a great success. We played great on both sides of the ball. I am very optimistic of how this year will pan out. Our SR Leader Brock Osweiler is the perfect candidate and this system is built for him to make good decisions on the fly. There has been a big debate of who would get the starting job at HB, James Morrison or Cameron Marshall. Camerson led our running attack last season but James had an incredible spring. He won the job and showed me I made a good decision by rushing for 132 yards on 19 carries. On the defensive side Vontaze will be missed at MLB but his predecessor Brandon Johnson showed up big time getting player of the game with 11 tackles, 2 TFL, and a fumble recovery for a TD. I expect big things out of him this season.

Q: Are you excited about any Freshman or Sophomores so far?
    A: We brought in a very physical player in Josh Wall this offseason. He is very athletic and has the ability to play multiple positions. We asked him to play FB and he jumped on the opportunity and is now our starter as a true Frosh. He has a big arm so I don't see why he might not make his way into the QB slot in the future. Our best WR coming into the season is Kyle Middlebrooks. He is a very energetic and quick WR. He should be a big spark plug in our receiving core.

Q: Who has let you down in week 1?
    A: There weren't any let downs in week 1 but we need Brock to step up at QB. On the defensive side I need Senior Captain Deveron Carr to be my lockdown corner.

Q: What recruit on your board can make a difference in your program?
    A: We only lose 10 Sr's this year so those spots won't be given out lightly. There are a few guys on our board that will make an immediate impact. The #1 HB overall Michael Wheeler has some interest and we will try and build on that throughout the season.
    Q: Any rumors?
    A: No rumors as of yet but as the season progresses I am sure we will have some untruths circling bfr, the conference, and the team locker-room's.

17. controllerabuser

Man, Frisk.. 10 seniors leaving, ehh? I like having it that low.. Can go hard with some big recruits..

18. H22APWRD94

H22APWRD94 RG3 Bandwagon

Week 1 Chat
    Man, I was not entirely expecting this one. A.J. Derby. After a horrendous start last season with James Vandenberg, which led to the eventual move up the depth chart by Derby, he has really come into his own after working as QB1 all off-season. It looks like he has really developed some chemistry with Keenan Davis also.

RS Soph QB A.J. Derby, RS Soph RB Marcus Coker, RS Soph TE C.J. Fiedorowicz, RS Fr OLB Jon Harper

Nobody really. The defense played well, the offense was fantastic. Probably my recruiters though.

I don't really want to say, but MLB Cliff McLaughlin is a prime target for me. My LB corp is depleted, and this guy would bolster it nicely.

I heard something floating about Coker transferring to Purdue....

19. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

20. G-Force-28

G-Force-28 TAYLOR GANG!

Montee Ball stepped up and played a solid game. Should have a great season.

DE Orlando Barnes a sophomore. Put pressure on the qb all game long. Very fast off the edge.

James White had a lackluster game. Expecting him to step things up.

Will get back to you on that :/ lol

21. controllerabuser

Who is the starter? Who are you leaning more towards?

22. tuco418

tuco418 Older and wiser than you

Quarterback Matt Barkley played very well in the new system (spread offense, Tulsa playbook). The offense runs well with an accurate quarterback who can move. Barkley isn't the fastest but he is mobile enough. The passing game was great, as he threw for 373 yards and three touchdowns.

Sophomore running back Dillion Baxter. In his first start, he ran for 60 yards on just nine carries and took a screen pass to the house from 50 plus yards. He has a gear that Marc Tyler didn't and is a difference maker.

The defense as a whole. Georgia was very tough to stop and made a number of big plays. I thought the Trojan defense would be better than last season but this is not a good start.

Five Star scrambling quarterback Vernon Triplett. Triplett is being redshirted this season but will compete with junior Jesse Scroggins for the starting position in 2013. Both are agile and can make plays with their feet. The change to the spread was keeping in mind the style of quarterbacks on the roster.

23. onaradio34

onaradio34 Tryin not to show how little I know bout anything

I'll sum up the 1st three. Nobody impressed us. We had high hopes for a few guys, mainly our offensive line and new receivers. Our offensive line all upperclassmen, 4 SR's and a JR and they let EMU whip them. DT's fought through double teams and completely shutdown our inside running game. New receivers Ja Ron Stokes and Ryan Powell played scared. Powell dropped a TD with nobody around him (as a former #1 OVR recruit, we expect more) and Stokes couldn't create separation and was slow coming out of routes.

:5stars: HB Jason Freeman is a target we really want. He is a bruiser that can get tough yardage in crucial situations. Our stable of running backs are about to move on and we need to find that next great Michigan back.

No rumors as of yet, but a loss to rival Notre Dame could really cause the wheels to come off.

24. G-Force-28

G-Force-28 TAYLOR GANG!

Montee Ball is the starter. I got James White in some formation subs so he will get some carries. Montee has some nice power and good burst.