Season 3 Team Previews

Discussion in 'After Midnight' started by Kapono, Sep 30, 2013.

1. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

Florida State
    QB- Jameis Winston left unexpectedly to the NFL after his RS Soph. season, but senior Jacob Coker (97) may be even better. He's got decent mobility and a great arm (93,94).

HB- We'll go to more of a 1-HB approach this year, Wilder and Freeman split carries the last 2 year but are gone. Mario Pender (93) will start and has looked solid the last 2 seasons with over 7 yards per carry. He's got great speed and elusiveness. RS Soph. Michael Vaughn (86) will get carries as well.

FB- Will James (81) is a redshirt freshman and a pretty good run blocker (76). FSU's fullback last year, James Wilder was very good in the passing game, so we'll see if the young guy can do the same.

WR- 6'5" Kelvin Benjamin (93) is back after going for over 1,000 yards last year. He is the obvious #1 receiver for Jacob Coker, followed by small and speedy Marvin Bracy (88 ovr., 99 speed, 99 acc.) and 6'4" Craig Jacobs (86).

O-Line- Everybody is gone from last year's line. FSU will start 4 redshirt freshman and a redshirt sophomore. None are great, but none are terrible. This is a unit that will make the offense not work as well as last year, but they will improve over the next couple years. Starters overall: 86, 84, 82, 81, 79

D-Line- Nate Gray (88) and Chris Casher (88) will be playing DE. Casher starter last year, and was very successful rushing the passer. Gray is expected to be a pretty solid pass rusher also. Matt Burks (89) returns from a pretty successful 2014, and RS soph. Isaiah Keyes (87) should make an impact at DT.

Linebackers- Matthew Thomas returns to his same role after his 77 tackle, 15 interception year as a freshman, and his other linebacker Terrance Smith is back too. Smith had 53 tackles and 3 INTs last year. FSU will show some 3 and 4 LB sets out of the 4-2-5 with Todd Maloy, Ronald Murphy, and Scott O'Neal getting playing time when expecting the run.

Secondary- Jaylen Ramsey (90) and Kyle Davis (88) are the starting corners and JUCO junior Tony Carter (79) and true freshman Ben Olson (79) will see time in some 4-2-5, dime, and quarter sets. Colin Blake (90) is the main free safety and PJ Williams (89) is the main strong safety. Jeremy Arnold (83) is the main #2 SS in this defense, but FSU doesn't like him enough in pass coverage to keep him on the field often.

2. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

LSU is not going to be good. We again have arguably the least talented offense among user teams due to the magnificent lack of depth the team started the file with (I have no HBs from the original roster, 1 WR and the QBs and TEs were a joke to start with). To give everyone an idea, last seasons starting QB, Luis Fuller, is my 4th best WR, so yeah we suck. Coach Dru has put his house in Baton Rouge on the market, as his job security is already low and likely to get worse with the high powered offenses the team will face.

Prediction - another 6-7 win season and likely an 0-fer against the other users. Maybe I'll get lucky and get a HC job in the Big West or D2.

I was honestly hoping that with some of you losing guys early the talent level would even out, but things are pretty much the same as last season.

3. Wyrmreaver

Wyrmreaver Ready for Madden 15 on Xbox One, lets get it on!

[​IMG]

Notre Dame Team Preview

Offense: With a couple of key returning starters, the offense is expected to be explosive this season.

QB: Tyson Fountain returns after a big season last year. Fountain is athletic enough to keep opponents off balance and accurate enough to hurt them through the air. An all american, Fountain is poised to lead this team to the next step.

HB: Anthony Porter is the man in the backfield after splitting carries last year. Porter is a former Heisman finalist and a dangerous weapon for this Irish offense. Porter has rare athleticism and the skills to potentially be a dual threat in the passing game as well.

WR: Greg Fisher had 989 yards and 14 TDs as the #2 target and now steps into the #1 role. Opposite Fisher is Brandon McLaurin who caught 40 balls from the slot last year. McLaurin has great size and could emerge as the teams go to target in the redzone. Working in the slots will be Chris Price, an undersized sophomore, and Eric Madsen, a true freshman who the coaches feel has an enormous upside.

TE: Omarr Brown steps into the limelight after very limited action as a freshman. Brown is an impressive athlete for a TE with excellent speed and pass catching ability. Coaches feel that Brown could have a real breakout season.

OL: The line is anchored by three 5th year seniors. These three represent an upgrade over what has been available the last couple years and give this offense a chance to improve on the already excellent results they achieved last season.

DL: All three of last year's starters have moved on to the NFL, so this is a bit of a question mark. Senior Doug Campbell is the starter in the middle but the situation at DE is more fluid. RS Freshman Chris Fisher has the potential to be a terror for opposing QBs coming off the edge and he may get his chance to prove it sooner rather than later.

LB: Darren Tate once again mans the middle after being a defensive POY candidate last season. Tate is joined by returning starter Kevin Jensen who played at a high level next year and by first year starter Vince Darby, an athletic and rangy sophomore.

CB: Brandon Campbell could be a shutdown corner and needs to step up because after him it's all sophomores and freshman at corner.

S: Corey Bell will be calling the signals and manning the deep middle for the third year. Bell is excellent in zone coverage and athletic enough to make big plays. The strong safeties are both new starters. On one side, Jared Willis steps into a starting role after a couple of years on special teams. Opposite Willis is true freshman Roy Ralph who was a high school linebacker. Critics contend that Ralph may be out of his depth, but he has proven to be better than expected in coverage as well as explosive coming up to make plays in the run game.

4. Wyrmreaver

LSU...... has a 96 OVR QB, your WRs are roughly equal to mine, your O-line is roughly the same as well. Your D-line is as good as mine and you have great depth there. Your LBs are slightly lower OVR, but faster than mine. You are significantly better than I am at both CB and SS, though I have a better FS.

In other words, your team is good, you are just a whiner :p

5. Dru50

Look deeper. ND has an A+ offense, LSU is B+. Your QB has 83 SPD, 88 ACC, 91 thp, 96 tha. My QB has 71 SPD, 77 ACC, 88 thp, 91 tha. To be honest the only reason my QB is rated over 90 is because of his 99 awr which is useless in game from what I can tell. You have 4 HBs as good or better than the best one on my roster (you have guys rated 98, 90, 88 and 85 ovr. My top HB is 85 ovr). WRs are comparable, your two TEs are better.

In a game where defense is possible to rely on I might have a shot, but I was the worst user at getting sacks last season (my top two guys didn't have 10 total sacks) and at getting turnovers. I guess I need to start learning nano blitzes and start pressing my coverage every play .

Combine the above with my apparent inability to do shit without having Marquis Lee to throw to and yeah, there's a part of me that's looking forward to getting canned and being able to take a job where I'm playing the CPU in conference and having a chance again. I'm not good enough at this years game to compensate for the lack of depth this team has.

6. Wyrmreaver

Unless you really want to run the option you should start your better QB. He is good. The high AWR will make him significantly better on the road, less affected by home field advantage effects which can cause inaccurate throws and INTs. Your #1 TE is 5 points better in OVR but I conced that your HBs are average at best and mine are very good. I would recommend that you try a new approach on offense. If I had your team I would try to do "ball control passing" and rely on a lot of short throws and quick passes to move the chains and set up my run game. The ball control passing approach is more likely to frustrate man coverage users whom you complain about and once you force them out of that you can go deep.

Honestly Dru, good luck. I just hope you do some things different rather than just doing the same thing as last year and being frustrated with the results.

7. Dru50

The RS senior QB is gonna get the chance to start, but his AWR hasn't helped him when he played in season 1 (where he put up some numbers vs the CPU but shit the bed in a 3 game losing streak) or in mop up duty last season (where he threw 3-4 picks in very limited action). I'm moving towards more of an under center ball control game because I think it's my only hope, but as we've seen in the 4 seasons we've played, unless you have a team like 99 OVR Alabama, you can't win consistently just trying to run and play defense. Scoring rules in NCAA 14 and I just don't know that I will be able to score enough to win even half of my user games. My contract calls for averaging 11 wins a year, so I am guessing that less than 10 wins gets me fired after this season, and with the new coaching xp setup that means I stay at LSU with a new level 1 coach and get killed in recruiting or take whatever job the CPU offers me. I'll likely go the latter route, since I think I'd probably rather quit than start with another new coach after the 2 restarts we've already had.

I like this game, but I've never had less fun playing NCAA than I had last season playing with this team. Is what it is, I really should have looked at the rosters before picking LSU over teams with much better young talent, and now I'm paying for that choice.

8. GMONEY 15

GMONEY 15 2015 BCS Champs

[​IMG]

Georgia Football preview... ..Season # 3

QB: Gone are the top 2 QBs from last year. 1 SR and 1 JR 96 rated Randall Cunningham Jr are now in the NFL. Soph Carson Palmer Jr will start at QB with true Freshmen JJ Lynch as the back up. Lynch will see some time on the field as GA likes to use their backups at some time and point in each and every game.

RB: Walker left early for the NFL. Hampton is back for his SR season. He won the Doak Walker award last season and he will get the bulk of the carries this year. Devin Martin and Curtis Martin Jr. serve as the back ups.

OL: 3 starters depart for the NFL and this will be a sore spot for GA this season. The new starters must gel with the returners if GA has any chance to compete in the ever so tough SEC.

WR: Both starters depart from last year. Roshaun Warren finally gets his chance to start as a SR alongside JR. Michael Banks. SOPH Roosevelt Wilson will continue to be the 3rd receiver after a good freshmen campaign.

TE: Kellen Winslow Jr and Vernon Davis Jr, both return this season and they are once again ready to have another solid season. FR Dallas Clark Jr wil also see some time as he begins his GA career after red shirting as a true freshmen.

DE: Tommy Cary returns for his SR season and this group as a whole needs to get more pressure on the QB to be successful. SO Cory Cade will start as the other DE and he has some big shoes to fill.

DT: Both starting DT return from last year. Let's hope during the off season they lifted alot of weights as they were pushed around by a SUPER HUMAN Alabama OL during the SEC title game a year ago.

OLB: Lost both starters to the NFL and a back up decided to transfer as the D Coordinator left for a head coaching job. Carl Banks Jr and Tom Jackson Jr will have to step up big time this season as first time starters.

MLB: Losing Patrick Willis Jr, the defensive CPT is huge. Soph Michael Singletary Jr will have to grow up fast and lead by example. It's not going to be easy replacing Willis but he will give it 100%.

CB: Ty Law Jr. is now in the NFL. Champ Bailey Jr returns for his SR season along with fellow SR Brian Nichols. JR's Kenard Sisk and Sidney Glover will also be in the games in Nickel and Dime situations.

FS: JR Ed Reed will finally get his chance to start this year with the departure of Darren Sharper Jr. FR Mark Greer will serve as the back up.

SS: Lawyer Milloy eft school for the NFL draft so JR Rodney Harrison Jr. becomes the immediate starter. FR Anthony Walker will be the back up.

Kicking game: Both return for the SR seasons and this will be a major boost and they both have great legs as well as accuracy.

Outlook: GA has to replace many starters on both sides of the ball. It's going to be very tough once again in the SEC this season. Carson Palmer must get off to a good start throwing the ball. The 2 new starting WR's must establish themselves. Everyone knows GA can run the ball but they have to have a better balance of running and passing for this season. Hampton Jr. will pound between the tackles but they must be able to also get Martin to run off tackle pays and get to the outside as well.

9. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

Georgia Tech

Possibly farther than ever behind the curve in terms of talent. We will be continuing to rely on guile and tricks to run our offense. Some of the untalented but specialized players recruited in year one should see some playing time in their unique roles. Defense is worse, so not starting slow in games will be key. We are getting closer to having HBs with break away speed so hopefully some 20 yard runs can turn into TD runs.

Expanding the playbook this year, Adding some trick play Wildcat formations, some key missing FleXbox One plays and some flex Wing formations.

10. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Alabama

The theme to the 2015 season? New starters.

On offense we'll have a new starting QB, TE and WR. It gets better. The O-Line will feature 5 new starters, including 2 true freshman. The good news is that Yeldon returned to the stable for his senior season. The HBs are loaded!

On defense, there will be 9 new starters. All 3 LB positions as well as the entire secondary graduated or left early. The only returning starters are a DT and DE. Growing pains on both sides of the ball seem eminent!

11. MexiRican35

MexiRican35 ┬┐Te quieres naranjas?

Offense: QB Kelly is a highly rated QB. The fact that we threw ~25 picks was just terrible. He could use his junior year to bounce back and become a better thrower. His 84 TPW, though, is what might keep him from excelling.

The backfeild is going to be a time share. Campbell will be used in 2 TE sets with Cooper used in more 3/4 WR sets. Johnson, Berg, and Timmons will also be used and well find out who will emerge from the pack by conference schedule time.

Other than WR Wilson, there are not other wideouts who have recorded a catch. 6 freshman are on the roster. 2 of them were :5stars:. ATH Walker will be used this year, as hie 6-5 frame and 80 Jump will cause problems for shorter corners. With inexperience at wideout, TE Vinson will be a vital part of the offense.

The OL are all upperclassmen so that is a plus. They are a good group and can hopefully open up running lanes.

There is not much depth on the DL. DT Tyree is the most experienced and should be a threat. The LB's lose Larkin, but MLB Young should be able to be a good MLB for 2 years. There is also a lot of inexperience at corner. Only Peters is the one who has gotten PT. 3 freshman will be playing. Good thing is that the safety's are experienced.

Basically, were in the same boat as Dru50. If we dont get at least to 10 wins, Eric Taylor might be fired. Gone 0-6 in user games and losing to cpu teams in back to back seasons does not create much job security. Well see how it plays out. I dont know if I will want to restart with coach goals, so wins, and lots of them, are a must.

12. SatansAngel1104

SatansAngel1104 Walk On

Placeholder really:

QB: True Freshman running the show.

OL: New

Defense:
    Not enough positions to put safetys in.

13. Boom29

Boom29 Walk On

[​IMG]
    Virginia Tech Hokies

Offense

The Virginia Tech offense begins and ends with this man:
    upload_2013-10-2_19-32-24.png
    get to know him because he will carry the ball over and over and over again.

There is skill at the WR positions as well as very capable backup HB in Luis Robinson, however, Anderson is the driver of the bus. QB Matt Jackson is in his first season starting, but will not be asked to do much besides hand off to Anderson and Robinson. The offensive line is young with little depth, but should be able to open enough holes for the Hokie running game.

Defense
    The Hokies defense is Senior laden, loaded with experience, and will be looking to finish in the Top 10 in overall defense for the third consecutive year. There is not one player that jumps out at you, but between Safeties Chris Wright and Adam Sledge, look for the Hokie secondary to make their fair share of plays in the passing game. The MLB position is a point of concern and will likely take a few weeks before a starter is established.

Outlook
    The Hokies once again have a tough schedule, but should contend for a spot in the ACC Championship Game. Barring a truly unbelievable season, The Hokies will likely drop a few game that they shouldn't and win one that they weren't expected to. A 9-3 season is not out of the question in Blacksburg, but getting there will require consistency and execution.