Season 3 Team Previews

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by mmullen8, Nov 9, 2011.

1. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

I like Weaves thinking....so everyone. This is Mandatory. If you do not post something about your team. You will forfeit 1 scholarship. Yeah, I can do that.

2. Goose

Goose Walk On

I call Bullshit.

3. Goose

Goose Walk On

4. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

Your 2013 Terps

It is all or nothing for the Terps this year. This team is extremely Senior dominated and it is win now because the next two-three years are going to be slim. The Terps are led on offense by Senior QB Danny Obrien and CJ Brown. Coming in at 97 and 93 OVR respectivley, these two will battle it out and will be on a short leash. The team returns subpar Senior RB DJ Adams, but junior Jerimiah Wilson might start as he averaged 7.9 yards a carry last year in limited action. This team is very weak at WR this year and that will change the game plan from last year. I had some high passing goals last year, with a new 2 year deal, I can be a little more balanced. The O-Line is all in the mid-80's low 90's range but is very senior laden as well.

The defense is young and played well last year and were on the field alot! Hoping to give them some leads this go around.

Overall record predition...8-4

• Like Like x 1
  5. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

want to make it 2

6. Pro

Pro Walk On

Kent State Looks to Build Upon Last Season's Success​

Last Season Coach Andrew Profio and the Golden Flashes did something not seen in Kent in a long time. They made a bowl game for the first time since 1972. The Flashes met the Houston Cougars in the Beef O'Brady Bowl, but couldn't come up with the victory and lost by 16 points.
    They will most certainly use that as motivation and look to take the next step for this team, win the MAC East and win a bowl game. That task won’t be easy however, as the Flashes must replace a 4 year starter at quarterback, their leading rusher, and several of their top wideouts.

Spencer Keith has graduated and in steps Junior QB Cedric McCloud. McCloud is rated at 77 overall, and played well for Kent when Keith was injured. McCloud is more of mobile quarterback than Keith, and will open up the option to Kent State.

The Flashes had a two man rotation at running back late in the year. They found success using this method, and will employ it this year. Dri Archer and Larry Dawson are gone, and in steps bruising back Trayion Durham. He comes in at 6'2" and 245 lbs and is rated 76 overall. Making up the 2nd half of the duo will be Robert Hollomon, who has 88 speed.

Tyshon Goode, Matthew Hurdle, and Eric Adeymi are all gone too. But Jeremy McCoy is just as good as Goode, and the backups are going to be improved over last year. Tight End Chris Hughes returns after having a good year, and JUCO transfer Lorenzo Means will provide another receiving threat for McCloud.

Coach Profio is a defensive mastermind, and has a solid defense returning. It all starts with Roosevelt Nix. The 89 ovr Senior will man the Right End spot, and will lead a defensive line that was among the best in the country at getting to the quarterback. Manning the tackles spots will be the combo of Jerome Davis and Josh Watson, coming in at 76 and 82 ovr respectively. Starting opposite Nix will be senior Mark Fackler, who was an unsung hero for Kent a year ago.

Tyquan Hammock had to sit out a season due to NCAA transfer policy, but he is eligible to play this year and will spearhead the linebacking corps. He comes in at an 81 ovr rating. Opposite him on the left side will be Danny Gress, who made big plays for the Flashes last year. Starting at the LOLB will be Zack Hitchens another senior. This group has a lot of experience.

In the secondary the starting Corners will be Darius Polk and Sam Miller. Polk made a lot of big plays and is good against the run. Manning the safety positions will be Calvin Tiggle and Luke Wollet.

Manning the kicking and punting duties will the true freshman Grant Cooper, who was the #1 kicking recruit in the country. He comes in at an 85 as a kicker and 86 as a punter.

SEASON PREDICTION: The defense will have to carry the offense for a while, but it is definitely good enough to do so. Kent will make another bowl game and will be in contention for the MAC championship. Final Record: 9-3.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Goose

Goose Walk On

Give a little guy some power and it goes straight to his head. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Goose

Goose Walk On

I'll have something around lunch time.

9. AndyVanSlyke

AndyVanSlyke Walk On

SPEED, SPEED AND MORE SPEED - CLEMSON FOOTBALL 2013

The Clemson Tigers won it all last year finishing off a remarkable turnaround. 2 years ago, the Tigers were 4-8 and had the 11th ranked offense out of a 12 team ACC. Then last year, the offense clicked under first year Offensive Coordinator Ryan Weaver as the Tigers finished 1st in the nation in offense.

The Tigers offense was perhaps the most prolific offense college football has seen in many years. This year, the offense appears to be up to the task of maybe matching the output from a year ago. Tajh Boyd is back for his senior year to lead the offense. Boyd, who finished 3rd in Heisman voting a year ago, threw for over 3,000 yards and ran for over 600 yards. Clemson does lose 3 of it's top 5 pass catchers in Jaron Brown, Marquan Jones and TE Dwayne Allen. The good news is that leading reciever DeAndre Hopkins chose to return for his senior year and Sammy Watkins returns to form a dynamic recieving tandem. 3 young but talented WR's will round out the corps.

As far as the ground game goes, starter Andre Ellington graduated, but there is no dropoff as Mike Bellamy will see more touches. As a backup, Bellamy actually led the ACC in rushing yards edging out Ellington. Roderick McDowell is a more than capable second back, which Clemson uses alot. You may as well throw Boyd on this list as a very exciting runner. The line returns 4 starters to help pave the way.

The defense should drop a bit, but the group did post spectacular offseason progression numbers.

The recruiting class was much weaker than expected following a National Title, so don't expect to see many true freshman lining up.

Season outlook: They will go as far as the defense allows them. The offense could be better than last year. They probably won't win it all again, too much fell into place last year. But they should win the ACC and finish in the top 10.

• Like Like x 1
  10. vatechhokie01

vatechhokie01 Anglican Priest and Beer-snob

UNLV Rebels 2013 Season Preview

Last year, the Rebels began to turn things around. In Coach Hale's first season, the Rebels struggled but improved to a 5-7 record. Last season, they turned a corner, finishing 9-4 and with their first Bowl win in many years. Maybe most importantly, they became a daunting opponent vs. great competition. With wins over Auburn, Boise St, San Jose State, and Wyoming, the Rebels can win the big one. But this year will be the year to see if they can beat the little guys as well.

Fresh off a merger with the remains of the CUSA, the schedule will be daunting, but mostly out of conference. With away games at #7 Michigan an #17 VaTech as well as a home game against up-and-coming Kent State, the year won't be easy.

But UNLV will be better. With a senior QB (83ovr) and a new speedster sophomore RB fresh in off transfer (93spd, 94agi, 99acc), the offense looks to improve. The D-line will be a huge question as many graduated but the LBs shouldn't drop off and the secondary should be much better and more mature.

Can this be a year like none other? We will see but there are definitely questions to be answer:
    1) Can UNLV return to creating turnovers on defense. 2 seasons ago they were nasty... last season? Dead last in INTs and turnovers create.
    2) Can senior QB finally step up and lead this team without getting sacked so many times? Can he improve his accuracy a bit?
    3) Will new RB Terron Ward run for 10,000 yards?
    4) Can Coach Hale stay focused and will he chose to remove his 4yr old son and 2yr old daughter from the sidelines finally?

Let's go Rebels!

• Like Like x 1
  11. Pro

Pro Walk On

We play each other Hokie? That's not what my schedule says

12. Goose

Goose Walk On

That's the power of Poi.

13. vatechhokie01

did you view schedule after advance? if it didn't take its just another wonderful function of EA

14. Goose

Goose Walk On

HOO DONE IT! 2013 Virginia Cavaliers

Last season we were definitely young, the good news is that everyone is a year older. The bad news may be that the Cavaliers are going to start the #1 QB of the 2013 class Adrian Strong. Strong is 6'3" 235 lbs. He's 88 speed, 81 agility, 80 acceleration, 88 elusiveness, 86 throw power, but only 79 throw accuracy. Last years starter will probably see some time but maybe not much. Gone is last years leading rusher Perry Jones, but in steps RS Jr Kalek Shepherd and Clinton Richardson. All of the receivers are a year older starting with the speedsters Terrell and Jennings (94, and 93 speed respectfully. Anchoring the defense will be the 12th best DE in last years class Antonio Moore, this kid looks to be a beast. The rest of the D is pretty sucky so the offense is going to have to outscore the opponents. This years schedule is kinda weird as the Hoos have their first 3 games at home with San Jose St, Pitt, and Ball State all coming in. Then we head on a 4 game road trip heading to Syracuse, BC, North Carolina, and Maryland. Then we're back home for one game against the Hurricanes, then back on the road for 2 more at Missu and Georgia Tech. Homecoming this year is against Duke, then it's senior night against the hated Hokies. Offensive Coordinator Anthony Edwards Sr. had this to say about the offense this year, "Well it can't get much worse than last year. I tried to force a square peg through a round hole all year. What was I thinking trying to bring the Temple spread to Virginia. These boys are hard nose smashmouth players. We're going to switch it up to the Virginia Pro book this season with a few tweaks. I think this year we've got a few more spread read players here than last. I'll mix a few formations into the book. We're actually excited for football season here. Last year I was pretty upset about leaving Temple all year. Well Pennsylvania is in the rearview mirror. I'm a Cavalier for life now.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Goose

Goose Walk On

I think he was looking at it before the advance to week 1.

16. vatechhokie01

yea, week 2... you're gonna get killed.

17. krbonn76

krbonn76 Walk On

SMU SHITSHOW 2013

After a showing in the NC game the SMU Mustangs look to have a rough road ahead of them if they want to make it back to the big game. In Coach Bonner's third year they have took a bid in the off season to go to the Big East where they are BCS eligible for the first time. It's going to be real tough for them as they don't have the cake walk that is the CUSA, also for the second straight year the Mustangs have taken a step back in talent even after another strong class which landed them there first Blue Chipper under Coach Bonner. SMU is now an 80 OVR and is the underdog in every game they will play this season. I look to get to seven wins and make a crap bowl in which i plan to lose for the third straight year. Prediction 7-5 and the best user recruiting class for the third straight year, which wont matter as i will dip into the 70's next year.

• Like Like x 1
  18. AndyVanSlyke

AndyVanSlyke Walk On

That last sentence brought a tear to my eye. Also, it's Clifton, not Clinton Richardson.

19. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

In danger of losing scholarships....Wyoming, EMU, USF (ha)...I will do it. I hate Maryland so much that I will do it just for fun

20. BulldogBully

BulldogBully Whiskey Slinger

like the "ha" after USF...guys, I'm reading the forums (usually from my phone) so I don't have time to post like I used too) It's been busy guys...but I'm still lurking! ....not to mention in the hunt for a national championship this year!

• Like Like x 2
  21. Goose

Goose Walk On

That has to count as a team preview.

• Like Like x 3
  22. ThePlague0208

ThePlague0208 Walk On

EMU will go 8-4

• Like Like x 1
  23. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

Bulldog's counts....scooter on the other hand...your better than that

• Like Like x 1
  24. mrluchini

mrluchini Walk On

TIME TO COWBOY UP!!!

Wyoming is looking to build off the succesful 11-2 campaign of last year. The Cowboys return 4 of the 5 All-Americans from last season as well as add two transfers to the mix. New transfers HB Trey Watts (89 OVR) and QB Robbie Picazo (85 OVR) will make it hard for last seasons starters to even see the field. Along with the two newcomers, the Cowboys return HB Preston Weber to lead the nation in rushing as well as its top 2 receiving threats, TE Marcus Donaldson (over 1,000 yards receiving last year) and WR Alfred Smith (over 700 yards receiving last year).

Don’t go thinking that Wyoming is just an offensive team. The Cowboys return some key pieces to the top 5 defense they had last season. All Americans Mike Purcell (DT), Marqueston Huff (CB), and Hank White (SS) return with a great cast of role players. This year’s defense fully expects to be ranked in the top 5 again this season.

With a favorable schedule that has Wyoming at home against both Eastern Michigan and SMU, the Cowboys fully expect to take the Conference USA crown on their way to the school’s first ever BCS bowl.

• Like Like x 1
  25. ThePlague0208

ThePlague0208 Walk On

EASTERN MICHIGAN LOOKS TO IMPROVE OFF BOWL GAME APPEARANCE

After a 8-6 season, EMU is looking ahead. With OOC games of Wyoming, Colorado, Notre Dame, and Army the future looks bright.
    Gone is the interception king Ryan Gillett and in steps JR Tyler Benz. At 6'4, Benz is a big guy with a strong arm but also has touch is being compared to Jeff George early on in practice.
    At running back we have Javonti Greene who will take over the role of starter over 1000 yard freshman Stephen Small. Although Small had a great year last year it looks like Greene worked harder in the off season and his progression showed.
    Donald Scott will be the lone star at wr this year with (insert whoever here). Scott, who is a senior this year, looks primed for a big year.

Defense is key for EMU this year. JR transfer Carlows Brown from Kent St is an instant starter at DT. While freshman John Black, the 4 star, #13 overall DE in the country, will hunker down the DE spot.
    Linebacker is a soft spot for EMU. There is not one player to get excited about at LB.
    Defensive backfield will be strong with returning starter Marcus Pollard locking down the star receiver of the opponent. Freshman Geoff Rich will be running like a madman at safety.

Overall EMU might have a down year this year. Defense is young and slow and the offense will bee looking at a new starting qb.

Predicted record------- 4-8

• Like Like x 2