Season 3: Top Ten Recruits

Discussion in 'Pushing for Paydirt' started by Philstyle3005, Oct 16, 2013.

1. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    1. ATH Chris Bennett 6'4 220 Louisville, MS Teams Interested: Auburn

Chris is the number #1 recruit in the nation, and looks to be a QB at the next level. He also has the ability to play in the secondary as far as coverage goes, but he can't tackle all that well. Auburn looks to be the only school with a chance to sign him, so it will be interesting to see what the Tigers do when he finally does commit.

[​IMG]
    2. ATH Isaiah Barrett 6'2 199 Randallstown, MD Teams Interested: NC State, South Carolina, Louisville, Rutgers

Isaiah has a lot of interest from schools and it's not hard to see why. He too, looks like he'll be a QB at the next level but could possibly be a receiver. He has solid speed and throwing ability though and could be a QB of the future for whatever school he chooses. He also has great carrying which could mean a lot of Read Option is in the near future. NC State is the leader right now but South Carolina is right there. Both schools have offered him, so it could come down to the visit to decide where this guy is headed.

[​IMG]
    3. HB Erick Wilkerson 6'1 198 Newton, KS Teams Interested: Notre Dame and Texas

Erick is the first non ATH in the top 10 and he's a talented back. He's good at a lot of things, but not really great. He's not a speed back by any means, so he'd probably do well in a pro style offense. Texas has not ran a pro style as of yet so it's surprising that they're number 2 on the list. Notre Dame is leading the way and I'm expecting them to pick up a commitment.

[​IMG]
    4. DE Rob McKinney 6'3 231 Shelby, OH Teams Interested: Ohio St, Florida St, Iowa

Rob is the top defensive player in the top 10 and is coming from a rich football state. Rob has the tools to become one of the best defensive linemen in college football one day, and definitely could make an impact on day 1 when he steps on campus. He's one hell of an athlete and can get through offensive linemen with no problems. Right now, the close to home school Ohio St. is leading but Florida St is right there. It seems like it'd be tough to get him out of Ohio but if anyone can do it, it'd be the back to back National Champs.

[​IMG]
    5. ATH Antoine Griffin 6'0 203 Flower Mound, TX Teams Interested: Air Force

Antoine is a 5 star Texas product that no Texas teams have really shown any interest towards. TCU and A&M showed brief interest for the guy but that has fallen off. Air Force is the only team really giving him attention and they have offered him a scholarship. A&M offered but I believe they will rescind before it's all said and done. Antoine will probably be a QB for Air Force as he has great speed but it may be a while before he gets on the field. His accuracy has a huge question mark on it right now and that will have to develop before he can make a lot of throws.

[​IMG]
    6. ATH Jonathan Heard 6'0 273 La Porte, IN Teams Interested: Notre Dame and Indiana

This guy will stay in state, it's just a question on which in state school he'll play for. It looks like he'll play defensive end at the next level, but like several other recruits in this top 10, he's not great at really anything, just good in a lot of areas. I'm guessing Notre Dame will land him, probably their 2nd signing in the top 10.

[​IMG]
    7. ATH Thomas Wise 6'5 220 Bellevue, NE Teams Interested: Nebraska

Thomas is huge and I'm trying to figure out why he's been listed as an Athlete. He can only play one position and that's WR. Unfortunately, the only thing he can really is do is jump, so it's amazing he's rated this high in the top 10. If he worked on his blocking ability, he could be a tight end but his hands just aren't that great yet. Nebraska will sign him by default and hope that his hands get better during his redshirt season.

[​IMG]
    8. QB Obadiah Thompson 6'5 237 Riverton, WY Teams Interested: Clemson

Clemson looks like the clear favorite to sign the #1 QB in this years class. He has pretty solid speed for a QB and a decent arm, but his accuracy seems to be a big problem right now. He has the perfect size for a QB so if he can figure out his accuracy, he'll be a great QB in the future for the Tigers. Clemson is the only school that has offered him which means the other schools realize they don't have a chance to sign him and are using their resources elsewhere.

[​IMG]
    9. TE Todd Mullins 6'4 252 North Fort Meyers, FL Teams Interested: Miami and Florida

Todd looks like a solid receiving tight end and all signs are pointing to him staying in state. Miami has offered him and they are the only school that Todd has agreed to visit so far. He looks like their recruit to lose at this point.

[​IMG]
    10. ATH Brian Matthews 6'1 204 Natick, MA Teams Interested: Clemson and Florida St.

Two division rivals will fight it out for this guy. Much like another recruit in the top 10, I'm not sure why this guy is listed as an Athlete because it's obvious that he'll be a WR at the next level. He has great speed as he ran under a 4.4 40, and also great Stamina so you won't have to worry about him missing too many plays. He needs to get better in his route running and catching but that will come the more time he spends on campus and with the team. Either team would be happy to have this guy on their roster next season.

• Like Like x 3
  2. hornfaninbama

hornfaninbama GT: BulgyTexas

I'm pumped to be getting Thompson, the best part about it is that he wasn't interested in me during preseason. I scouted him and put him #1 on my list, and went into his top 5, then I waited until Week 2 to offer to see if Ryno was going to. In Week 3 after the offer I went to #1. He'll get a redshirt season, and then sit for 1 season, maybe 2 then we'll turn him loose. By that point he should be over a 90 speed wise, and mid 80's accuracy. With that size he should be tons of fun to play with. And Matthews may get slid to RB if I pull him, but he'd be a great slot WR in the mold of Percy Harvin.