Season 3 Volunteers

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by GoGators, Nov 20, 2009.

1. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

Season 3 Volunteers

In the past we had some cool things take place by some of our members contributing different things to the dynasty. I'd like to continue some of that. Here's what I have in mind:

Heisman Watch (and other major awards)
    Power Rankings (bfruchey)
    Game of the Week (killajo)
    Recruiting Reports
    Players of the Week

If anyone else has some suggestions for this, let me know.

Heisman Watch: I'd like someone to utilize the games espn news feature to monitor the heisman race. What's happening, whose moving up and down. Shouldn't take too long or be too hard to do.

Power Rankings: I think Beazus did these before and he did a great job. I'd like to see that continue.

Game of the Week: A quick analysis of the game of the week and what the keys to victory might be.

Recruiting Reports: Create a list of the top tier recruits, either all 5 stars and notable 4 stars or some other sort of criteria. Then, report on whose out front, which way the guys leaning, and when/where he eventually signs. Also, could report on how classes are shaping up.

I'll start a recruiting thread where we can post our signings and key guys we're going after to create some discussion about whose going to sign who and so you can rub it in your rivals face when you steal that 5 star kid right out of his hometown! This will help with the recruiting reports.

Also, there is a need to develop story lines for the new computer generated players that will be populating our dynasty. If we do this through recruiting and the heisman watch, it should be more interesting to see how these guys we recruit develop.

Also, I'd like to see the Hall of Fame take off too.

If you want to take on one of these items for this season, let me know. It'll be yours for the season and we can get new volunteers next season to keep things fresh.

2. GoGators

Seriously guys? Nobody is willing to volunteer for anything like this?

3. bfruchey

bfruchey Walk On

I will definitely do the pawer poll again as I am familiar with that. Also, could we nominate Hall of Fame players at the end of the season? Doing this before we advance to recruiting will help so we can accurately post their stats. This is the reason I never really nominated anyone.

4. GoGators

Awesome. Thanks for taking on the power poll. If you want to do it every other week that would even be fine.

The Hall of Fame will occur before the end of the season from now on. Before I couldn't control when we advanced so I had no way to gather final stats. Now I'll be sure we get some nominees listed every year with stats included to make votes.

5. killajo90405

killajo90405 Walk On

I'll try and take on user vs user game of the week keys to victory

6. LeGeNd RiPs

LeGeNd RiPs Is it football season yet?

If everyone uploads highlights each week, I will make a highlight film with the "Top 10" plays from each week. Just trying to think of ways to contribute that can be enjoyable for all members of the dynasty.

7. GoGators

Thanks for the input. I think why1111 has already laid claim to this. (you can see his polling thread).

8. GoGators

Hey guys, does anyone want to take ownership of generating some content for the league? I'd like to get some more posts going in this thread. Speak up guys.

9. Beazus Christ

Beazus Christ Resident Smut Peddler

What cha need?

10. GoGators

Anything really. Just looking for people to start helping out with generating some content.

We could do something for players of the week or you could track the heisman race and provide some analysis on that. Nothing major, just another thing we'd have to discuss on the forums and something to help us know more about what's going on in our dynasty with the new players we recruit.

Maybe an All American watch or even some analysis on some of the heated user vs user recruiting battles for the 5 star prospects would be cool to.

I don't need a ton of stuff, just something to bring up some new topics to get the ball rolling on some new discussions.

11. LeGeNd RiPs

I'll do a weekly heisman watch thread.

12. GoGators

Awesome. Just post it into the weekly thread that I create each week.

13. LeGeNd RiPs

Alright. I won't be home till later tonight so ill start with next week. Cool?

14. GoGators

yes sir.

15. dharvey09

dharvey09 Walk On

will it be the same Heisman rankings as in the dynasty

16. LeGeNd RiPs

Yea. I will just do an analysis on their previous game and things like that.

17. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

Maybe you can do a Heisman watch of user players. We each nominate 1 guy to focus on throughout the year and we vote a user Heisman. Sometimes the cpu doesn't always get it right.

Maybe we can do the same for All Americans. Make an All-American user team at the end of the year. At the end of the season we nominate our players post their stats and plead their case and we can vote on that as well. It will give us something to do during the off season which usually takes a little over a week to finish.

Might require a little leg work, but it would add another element to the dynasty. and maybe make a push to make our league #1 on the site.

18. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

This sounds very similar to the Hall of Fame that Gators talks about after every season which gets no posts at all.

19. GoGators

The hall of fame will operate in full force at the end of this season. I'll be able to manage when we advance to the post season so I'll be able to capture the stats of the players eligible and post on here then we'll actually be able to have a realistic vote. I couldn't do it before because the old commish would advance and once you do that, all the stats of the players leaving are removed from the game.

The all american thing may be a bit much. I won't deter anyone from trying to do it though. I think the key is to keep things simple. When things become too detailed people are less likely to A) continue to do them because of time constraints and B) read them because nobody is on here to read a novel.

I think the heisman is a cool idea. We can use the current computer rankings and then extrapolate on those. So, if you have a guy whose tearing stuff up, but isn't getting any heisman attention, you can start a campaign for him just like in real life. Then, at the end of the year if the guy gets robbed by the CPU programming, maybe the users can vote and award the heisman to someone more deserving.

20. GoGators

Also, I'm not going to let what's happened in the past hinder us going forward. We have a solid group of guys now and if people don't wish to participate they WILL be removed. I'm not going to allow the active users in this dynasty to be stuck in a dynasty carrying the weight and generating content for people who aren't doing their part to contribute as well.

21. jello1717

You won't find me doing that. I'm not a big awards guy as I'm all about the Ws instead. I prefer my guys to go incognito if at all possible. It actually pisses me off that my TE is listed in the game's Heisman watch!

22. GoGators

I'm assuming you mean you won't be running a campaign for your guy correct? I'm sure you'll participate in the hall of fame voting.

Also, that's what the scouting reports are for. Just because you want to surprise people with your ridiculous TE, doesn't mean it should happen. Your utilization of him should be getting exposed in the scouting reports section.

After all, you'd do it to your opponent!

23. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

Guess your right...simple is probably better. Plus my wife already thinks I am a big dork with my online leagues and forums.

24. jello1717

Correct. I'll do the voting, but I'm not going to campaign for any of my guys. I wanna spring surprises on people!

25. jello1717

I went ahead and put as realistic of a scouting report in for UNC as I could think of.