Season 3 (W12) - THROWBACK WEEK - Deadline 11pm CST SAT 3/9

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by majesty95, Mar 7, 2013.

1. majesty95

majesty95 Show class, have pride, and display character.

Hey guys, sorry for the delay. We are on to week 12!
    I have a theme for this week and think it would be cool for everyone to follow since we have quite a few user vs user games. THROWBACK WEEK! Everyone use a uniform from the past for your team (or alternate if there is no throwback) and just give the week some variety. If you can do screen caps or videos in your recaps to show off the old school threads that would be cool too.
    Go get 'em!
    [​IMG]

2. majesty95

The winner of each game (or user if playing the CPU) must post a short game summary following their game. The summary must include the following:
    • Game Score
    • Key Team Stats
    • Key Individual Stats
    • Notes
    This can be as basic or as simply as you would like to make it. However, the more engaging the posts are, the more invested other users will be in this thread and the league in general. Its up to you how much effort you want to put into it.

Here are some links to help out your summaries:

3. majesty95

4. majesty95

Just FYI Glen Cieske will be out of town until Tuesday.

5. danwin

danwin Walk On

Houston-20 @ Pittsburgh-10
    Houston made it 3 wins in a row and moved to 6-5 on the year with a 20-10 victory over the Pittsburgh Steelers. The win moved The Texans into a possible 3-way tie for the lead in the AFC South with the Jaguars and Titans who both must win to stay in the top spot. Coach Winn must be ecstatic with his teams position now in the AFC South after a dismal 1-4 start to the season. The Titans travel to take on the Patriots this week while the Jaguars are at home with the Bears. Should be an exciting battle in the next few weeks in the AFC South.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  6. Crunk_Ness

Crunk_Ness Walk On

Cardinals take care of home field this week against the Packers!
    13[​IMG] @ [​IMG] 27
    [​IMG]
    wk12.png

• Like Like x 2
  7. klhart49

klhart49 Walk On

CHICAGO BEARS - 9
    JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS - 20

After the game, Coach Hart had this to say:

"This wasn't our best game today, not by any means. We left a lot of plays out on the field. Defensively we played very poorly. I know that's not really reflected in the box score, but we did not play well. Luckily we got our acts together in the red zone or else this could have been a much different game. Offensively, Maurice Jones-Drew ran very well. Credit the offensive line today for being able to seal the corner and let Maurice turn the corner.

But I know what you want to ask me about; the benching of Philip Rivers. Here's why the decision was made. At that point, he had 2 interceptions, had missed 3 open receivers for touchdowns, and had missed a few other open receivers as well, including a wide open Antonio Bryant on a big 3rd down play. I thought he needed some time to cool off, so I sat him down. It was never meant to be permanent, but I didn't know how soon, if at all, I was going to put him back in the game. However, Blaine Gabbert game in and threw an interception on his first pass, and my decision to put Philip back in became easier. It certainly wasn't all bad for Philip, but we need him to be able to make more consistent plays. I'll say it again; we left a lot of plays on the field. And while we were able to get the win today, we're not going to do anything in the playoffs, or even get there, if we don't start making those plays.

Basically, I'm sick and tired of the mediocrity. When my players aren't meeting their full potentials, that's on me. It's my job as head coach to motivate these players and get the most out of them, and that's not happening. So maybe I need to start pushing these guys a little harder. But the bottom line is, if you're not playing well, I'm not afraid to take you out of the game. Past performance, how much money you make, none of that matters out on the field. If you're not playing well you're coming out, even if you're the franchise quarterback."

Asked about the benching, Philip Rivers said: "What can you do? It's the coach's decision. I think he realized that he made a hasty, emotional decision and he put me back in. I know I need to play better though, and I think Coach Hart let us all know that there will be consequences if guys don't play well. There's a lot on the line in these games, and he expects a lot of us. That's how you get better, by always pushing yourself to do more."

Last edited: Mar 9, 2013
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Kyswag

Kyswag Walk On

(DJDUNN) NY Jets 20 vs. Oakland Raiders 30 (Kyswag23)
    Darren McFadden came out looking like a beast after his two game suspension rushing for 124 yds on 24 attempts. The Raiders really dominated this game both on offense and defense. It was pretty much one sided the Jets scored a late td to make the game look closer than what it really was! Coach Odell Adams Jr. has now won his 5th game in a row after taking over for ex head coach Corey Jason. These Raider fans are starting to see that the future is very bright as their team move up to 7-4 on the season!
    tbgm.jpg
    Stats:
    T. Smith-17-24 204yds 2td 1int
    T. Tebow- 13-33 277yds 3td 2int
    D. McFadden- 24att 124yds
    S. Greene-3att 12yds
    L. Bearden- 4rec 45yds 1td
    R. Williams- 4rec 27yds 1td
    S. Holmes- 4rec 62yds
    S. Hill- 3rec 58yds 1td
    T. Ginn jr.- 3rec 113yds 2td
    R. McClanin- 4tkl 2tfl 1FF
    C. Chekwa- 3tlk 1sack 1int 56yds 1td

9. majesty95

We've had some scheduling conflicts and connection issues with some of our games so we will advance tomorrow some time. I'd prefer not to wait until 11PM so try to get your games in ASAP but we will give you part of the day tomorrow. Just keep us up to date on your progress.

10. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

My connection is unstable..if AveryB wants to play my team CPU it's fine or sim...hopefully it gets better tomorrow

11. YungLew15

YungLew15 Walk On

Succop's Big Day Leads Chiefs Past Saints
    Picture 12.png
    NEW ORLEANS, La.-- Ryan Succop nailed five field goals, including two from 50+ yards, and the Chiefs defeated the New Orleans Saints 29-11. Succop now has 27 field goals on the season, and is hitting at a 90% rate. The 6th year kicker out of South Carolina got the Chiefs on the board midway thru the first with a 44 yard field goal. On the Chiefs' next possession Kyle Murray found Rich Egnatuk for a 57 yard pass giving Kansas City a 10-0 lead. But the offense would struggle for the rest of the game, relying on Succop to increase the lead. Kansas City would add 3 more field goals until a big Jamaal Charles TD run all but sealed the game.​
    The Kansas City defense had another great game, limiting the Saints to 100 passing yards and forcing two turnovers. Jay Cutler was pressured all game long, and the passing attack couldn't get much going. Stanford Routt recorded his 4th interception of the season, while Justin Houston and Tamba Hali each recorded a sack. The two star linebackers now have 15 and 14 on the season, respectively. Strong safety Roman Harper led the Saints with 7 tackles and a sack, while Jonathan Vilma added 7 tackles.​
    The Chiefs will face the Carolina Panthers next week, looking to add to their 3 game win streak. The Saints will face the division rival Atlanta Falcons in a game featuring two struggling teams.​

• Like Like x 1