Season 3 (W13) - Deadline is 11pm CST TUE 3/12

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by majesty95, Mar 11, 2013.

1. majesty95

majesty95 Show class, have pride, and display character.

So how did Throwback Week go? Good idea or no?
    I have a couple of notes for this week. Please read:
    • If you feel like you need to report your opponent, take a day to think about it. I'm getting a lot of complaints lately after having very few last season. I can't believe everyone's game deteriorated that badly.
    • When filing a complaint remember that your opponent probably didn't think you were 100% sim either. None of us are. From week to week we may a few more blitzes than normal or complete a certain route slightly more than normal. Unless it was really egregious and blatantly circumventing the rules, maybe just chalk it up to variance?
    • When taking a day to think about it, think about how often you really say what you thought you did. Were they really playing man that much or were you just confused by their coverages? Did they really blitz that much or did they your line just have a bad day? I know I've got streamed before and thought my opponent was abusing the rules but later thought that maybe I was exaggerating because I was losing or because I saw something in a condensed window but it evened itself out later on. Just cool off a bit and think about how bad it really was before logging the complaint.
    • This does not mean you cannot complain or that there aren't issues. It simply means that I do not think there is as much merit to some of these complaints as one would have me believe. I just don't think 1/2 of the league became cheesers overnight.
    With all of that being said, guys that get multiple complaints will be suspended or removed. Keep that in mind when complaining and also when playing. If you like the league and your leaguemates, be sure to respect them in your games and when reviewing their play. I'd hate to have guys removed if they weren't blatantly breaking rules but I also don't want guys quitting because their opponents take the fun out of the game by bending the rules....
    Let's get back to having fun. Remember, we here to play buddies on the couch not win the Madden Challenge. Let's get back to that mentality and start enjoying ourselves again. :)
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  2. majesty95

The winner of each game (or user if playing the CPU) must post a short game summary following their game. The summary must include the following:
    • Game Score
    • Key Team Stats
    • Key Individual Stats
    • Notes
    This can be as basic or as simply as you would like to make it. However, the more engaging the posts are, the more invested other users will be in this thread and the league in general. Its up to you how much effort you want to put into it.

Here are some links to help out your summaries:

3. majesty95

4. Crunk_Ness

Crunk_Ness Walk On

Jets come into Arizona only to get shut DOWN!
    6[​IMG]@[​IMG]37
    [​IMG]
    wk13.png wk13-1.png

Last edited: Mar 15, 2013
  5. danwin

danwin Walk On

Houston-21 @ Buffalo-10
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. YungLew15

YungLew15 Walk On

Hard Hitting Chiefs Shutout Visiting Panthers

Picture 2.png

KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- Kansas City posted its lowest offensive yards output of the season. They still won the game 31-0. Thanks to five forced turnovers, the Chiefs were able to defeat the the Carolina Panthers, improving their record to 11-1. The Chiefs struck first when Kyle Murray found TE Ryan Johnson for a 24 yard touchdown pass midway thru the 1st. On the Panthers next possession, it all started to unravel. Panthers RB Lamar Miller was hit and fumbled the ball right into the hands of Chiefs DE Allen Bailey. Bailey was able to return the fumble 39 yards for a score. Things would only go from bad to worse for the Panthers. On their next series, a Cam Newton pass was picked off by LB Andy Studebaker and returned for a touchdown. Within a minute, a 0-0 game had turned into a 21-0 lead for the home team. And the Panthers would never recover. Kyle Murray would find Ryan Johnson for another touchdown in the second quarter, and the Chiefs would head into halftime up 28-0.

For the first time in what seems like forever, Jamaal Charles did not find the end zone. Charles ran the ball fairly well, finishing with 91 yards on 21 carries. Rookie quarterback Kyle Murray attempted just 14 passes, completing 11, including 2 for touchdowns. However, he total just 105 yards mostly due to the large lead. Panthers QB Cam Newton finished 16/24 for 141 and 2 interceptions. The three-headed rushing attack of Stewart-Newton-Miller combined for just 61 rushing yards.

Despite being aggressive and forcing turnovers, the Chiefs didn't record a sack for the first time in several weeks. MLB Derrick Johnson led the team with 5 tackles. Tamba Hali recorded 4 tackles and a forced fumble. Andy Studebaker and Lorenzo Hopkins each had interceptions. Linebackers Jon Beason and Luke Kuechly led the Panthers with 5 tackles each.

Kansas City will take its' four game win streak to the Georgia Dome to face off against the Atlanta Falcons. Carolina will head home to face the 7-4 Washington Redskins.

• Like Like x 2
  7. MarkyMark67

MarkyMark67 Walk On

I didnt make home in time from my daughter lacrosse game to play the Jags-Dolphin game.

8. majesty95

Looks like we're missing some game recaps. woodsmall for sure...