Season 3 (W2) - Deadline is 11pm CST FRI 2/15

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by majesty95, Feb 13, 2013.

1. majesty95

majesty95 Show class, have pride, and display character.

Week 2 Notes:
    • Make sure to post at least once per day trying to schedule with your opponent. Send them a PM, text them, whatever you can to set it up. Also, please let your opponent know if you cannot play and put yourself on auto. Will help us keep moving smoothly.
    • Just a reminder that all rules apply to the CPU as a human. Don't run up the score or pad stats. Use backups, takes knees, etc. Keep it Sunday real ;)
    • Also, for the new guys just remember stats are expected to be real life like. Yards per pass <10.5, yards per catch <20 and yards per carry <6.0. Also, pay attention to your sack guys. I've tried to balance the sliders as much as possible but the line blocking still kinda sucks. Just keep an eye on it. Top guy should be <22.
    Nothing big popped up during week 1. Just wanted to remind everyone as we've been off for a few weeks with the offseason. Looking forward to seeing some more of the user game. Go get it!

[​IMG]

2. majesty95

The winner of each game (or user if playing the CPU) must post a short game summary following their game. The summary must include the following:
    • Game Score
    • Key Team Stats
    • Key Individual Stats
    • Notes
    This can be as basic or as simply as you would like to make it. However, the more engaging the posts are, the more invested other users will be in this thread and the league in general. Its up to you how much effort you want to put into it.

Here are some links to help out your summaries:

MarkyMark67, Reallyrill, LLCoolGrey, YungLew15, bigtubb_, AveryB, Ninersfan80, Crunk_Ness, woodsmall, Crumbler81, MiaFLSurf, Glen Cieske, Justin Crabb, CJTHA1, danwin, coachgaddy, Cj king, RVallee, mikeb539

3. majesty95

FYI, I removed Jbbubba and Futuriistiics. They have not been playing anyway. Just avoids some of the confusion for their opponents. Futuriistiics may return when he gets his internet situation figured out. Jbbubba just disappeared. Last I heard he "lost" Madden when moving. I think he was scared of the rest of us ;)

4. CJTHA1

CJTHA1 Walk On

RAMS 17
    SEAHAWKS 23 OT

The St.Louis Rams played their home opener against an Seattle Seahawks team that came off a tough loss against the Super Bowl Champ Arizona Cardinals. Today the Seahawks came out on top in a highly contested battle as Jordan Norwell connected on a 81 yard pass on 3rd and 11 to Chaz Schilens to end the game in OT. The Rams took the lead late in the 4th quarter with a TD run by Steven Jackson to put the Rams up 3 with 1:57 left in the 4th, only to have Norwell lead his team down the field to tie the game up and sent it to overtime. After a Janoris Jenkins sack, the Rams were one play away from getting the ball in OT but an Schilens catch and a few missed tackles later turned that into the Rams 1st loss of the season. Next week the Rams take on Aaron Rodgers and the Green Bay Packers.

Passing
    Austin Duncan 21-25 239 yards 1TD 1Int
    Jordan Norwell 13-22 253 yards 3TD's 1 Int

Rushing
    Steven Jackson 17 carries 60 yards TD
    Marshawn Lynch 12 carries 44 yards

Receiving
    Danny Amendola 6 receptions 37 yards TD
    Steven Jackson 4 receptions 39 yards
    Chaz Schilens 5 receptions 123 yards 2 TD's

Defense
    Harlod Massey 7 tackles
    Janoris Jenkins 1 sack 1 INT
    Bobby Wagner 8 tackles
    Kam Chancellor 5 tackles 1 INT 1 FF

• Like Like x 2
  5. majesty95

MIN at ARI 2014.jpg
    GLENDALE, Ariz. --- Eight months ago the Minnesota Vikings had a 14 point third quarter lead over the Arizona Cardinals in the NFC Championship game. The Vikings also had a six point lead in the closing seconds of the game. The Cardinals, however, mounted a magical comeback to win the game in the final seconds and went on to win their first ever Super Bowl.

Fast forward to Sunday and the Vikings had a 23-10 lead early in the third quarter and just a three point lead with just over three minutes to play. The Cardinals, again, made the necessary adjustments to get themselves back in the game. This time, though, Brett Ray and the Vikings were able to fend off the defending champs and escape the desert with a 26-20 win to go to 2-0 on the season.

Ray was the catalyst for the Vikings as he started out the game completing his first 12 passes and carved up the Cardinal defense en route to a 20-10 halftime lead. The second half was not as kind to Ray who had trouble hitting receivers for much of the half. However, Ray was able to complete a few key passes in the fourth quarter to secure the Vikings lead.

John Skelton had another sub par performance for the Cardinals as he completed only 10-of-21 passes. He was able to connect on a pair of 74 yard touchdown passes though which kept the Cardinals in the game and gave him a nice 105.7 QB rating. Outside of those two passes Skelton was very mediocre completing just 8-of-19 passes for 127 yards.

The Cardinal defense did a good job containing Adrian Peterson who had just 64 yards. The Cardinals seemed intent on keeping Peterson from beating them and forcing the first year starter at quarterback to beat them. Ray answered the challenge and now the Vikings look to build of of that momentum going forward.

The Vikings return home next week to take on the struggling Jaguars while the Cardinals will host Eli Manning and the Giants at University of Phoenix Stadium.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Cj king

Cj king Walk On

Ahh the Rematch!!!!!!

7. Crunk_Ness

Crunk_Ness Walk On

Super Bowl hangover I guess but my Cardinals did drop 3 give me picks that would of changed the momentum of the game for sure but very well played game by the Vikings as they held the ball almost 20 mins and just took me away from my game plan offensively. Good game majesty95

Last edited: Feb 14, 2013
  8. LLCoolGrey

LLCoolGrey Walk On

Chargers defense is terrible this year! No answer for the Chiefs who jumped out to a 20-3 lead. Chargers turned the ball over what seemed like 5 times. 3 Picks, 2 fumbles.

9. majesty95

I'm ready to advance already lol

• Like Like x 2
  10. LLCoolGrey

LLCoolGrey Walk On

Amen Maj, these three day advances are like eternity

• Like Like x 1
  11. Cj king

Cj king Walk On

Can we vote for 48 hour advance?

• Like Like x 1
  12. RVallee

RVallee Walk On

The Tampa Bay - Washington game will be simmed. We tried to play Wednesday night but kept getting "Game session no longer available". Tried numerous invites/ restarting, everything, nothing worked. Looking online its a kind of a rare thing and not much info on why or what causes it. I was able to play a different league game later on that night just fine, so I dont know what it is.

He wasn't free tonight and Im not free tomorrow night so it's only fair to sim (and pray for no injuries)

• Like Like x 1
  13. danwin

danwin Walk On

[​IMG]
    Houston finally decided to show up and gave their best defensive showing since D. Winn took over the team at the end of 2013. Houston controlled the time of possession with their run game and timely passing took advantage of Oakland playing the run. The only points scored by Oakland were on two picks by L. Davis (who seemed to be the only player that showed up for Oakland) who ran both back for TDs.
    Week 2: Oakland-14 at Houston-24

1 2 3 4 OT F
    Oakland 7 0 0 7 0 14
    Houston 0 21 0 3 0 24
    Oakland Houston
    Facts
    14 Score 24
    3 Total Off. 322
    46 Rushing 91
    -43 Passing 231
    2 1st downs 13
    12 PR yards 72
    76 KR yards 37
    91 Total yards 431
    0 turnovers 3
    1/9 3rd down conv. 4/11
    0/0 4th down conv. 0/1
    0/0 Red zone % 2/2
    0 Red zone TD 1
    0 Red zone FG 1
    0/0 Penalties 2/20
    9:12 Possession time 18:48
    Game Summary
    1st : (OAK) L. Davis, returned Int. 63 yds for TD, 2:05
    2nd: (HOU) A. Johnson, 37 yd pass from Schaub for TD 01:27
    2nd: (HOU) A. Hotchkiss, 20 yd pass from Schaub for TD 1:03
    2rd: (HOU) M. Manningham, 15 yd pass from Schaub for TD 0:08
    4th: (HOU) D. Rayner, 41 yd. FG, 4:41
    4th: (OAK) L. Davis, returned int. 68 yds for TD, 1:23
    STATS
    Oakland:
    T. Pryor- 39.6, 3/12, 0 yds, 0-TD, 0-Int.
    D. McFadden- 12 carries, 46 yds, 3.8 avg.
    A. Roberts, 2 rec, 1 yd.
    L. Davis, 2 int., 2 TD
    Houston:
    M. Schaub- 88.9, 12/23, 239 yds, 3-TD, 3-Int.
    B. Tate-23 carries, 70 yds, 3.0 avg.
    R. Hillman- 8 carries, 26 yds, 3.2 avg
    M. Manningham- 1 carrier, -5 yds.

A. Johnson- 7 rec, 164 yds, 1 TD
    B. Tate- 2 rec, 26 yds,
    M. Manningham-2 rec, 29 yds, 1 TD

A.Hotchkiss-1 rec, 20 yds, 1 TD

D. Rayner, 1 FG, 41 yds, 3/3 on PATs

Last edited: Feb 15, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Cj king

Cj king Walk On

PLEASE NO INJURIES!!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  15. Glen Cieske

Glen Cieske Walk On

Panthers - 31
    Falcons - 3

The Panthers were able to bounce back from their loss to the Tampa Bay Buccs. Jonathan Stewart only carried the ball two times but was able to take both for Touchdowns and tallied 99 yards. Cam Newton continues to be efficient keeping the defenses on their heels running and throwing the ball. Unfortunate for the Falcons Mike Turner will be out for 5 weeks with a broken collarbone.

I was going to enter more stats but Maddens CCM website is being sucky

• Like Like x 1
  16. YungLew15

YungLew15 Walk On

Charles, Chiefs Hold Off Rival Chargers
    [​IMG]
    SAN DIEGO, Cali. -- Jamaal Charles ran for 118 yards and two touchdowns, and the Kansas City Chiefs defeated the San Diego Chargers 34-24. A win on the road against your rival is always big, and the Chiefs played that way. Charles got the Chiefs started early in the first quarter with a 48 yard touchdown run. The Chiefs led 20-3 at halftime. Trying to rally, the Chargers came out in the second half and score the first 14 points to cut the Chief's lead to 3. But that was as close as they would get. A 72 yard touchdown pass to second year TE Ryan Johnson and a 1 yard touchdown run by Jamaal Charles would push the Kansas City lead back to 17 with just 6 minutes left. A late touchdown pass to Akia Green would provide the final 10 point margin.​
    Picture 2.png

• Like Like x 1
  17. majesty95

• Like Like x 1
  18. MarkyMark67

MarkyMark67 Walk On

19. Cj king

Cj king Walk On

how do you post the stat box like yours i have the html code

20. majesty95

You can't input HTML on here. I used the box score from Operation Sports. I have it linked in the weekly advance thread. Then I just do a screen cap, paste it into Irfanview, crop it and save. Then I upload it in my post. Pretty easy.

21. Cj king

Cj king Walk On

infranview wont let me crop it

22. majesty95

Once you create the table and see it on OS, hit screen cap and then go into Irfanview > Edit > Paste. Then you have to highlight the area you want to save and then click Edit > Crop. That's for PC at least. If its Mac then maybe YungLew15 can help...

23. Cj king

Cj king Walk On

[​IMG]

As the Redskins walk over a struggling cowboy defense they look for more games like this to come. We recently talked to Chand King, New Head coach of the Washington Redskins, he said "Our team showed up on all sides of the field and need to keep showing up like this if they want to make it through this season and maybe to a playoff birth"
    (Didn't try to run score)
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 19, 2013
    • Like Like x 1