Season 3 (W3) - Deadline is 11pm CST SUN 2/17

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by majesty95, Feb 16, 2013.

1. majesty95

majesty95 Show class, have pride, and display character.

Week 3 is up. Get after it!
    [​IMG]

2. majesty95

The winner of each game (or user if playing the CPU) must post a short game summary following their game. The summary must include the following:
    • Game Score
    • Key Team Stats
    • Key Individual Stats
    • Notes
    This can be as basic or as simply as you would like to make it. However, the more engaging the posts are, the more invested other users will be in this thread and the league in general. Its up to you how much effort you want to put into it.

Here are some links to help out your summaries:

3. majesty95

4. majesty95

Dammit! I beat the Jags 41-6 and I lost connection to PSN midway through the 3rd quarter and it didn't count. Brett Ray had 4 TD passes, Demaryius Thomas and Percy Harvin each had two TD catches and Adrian Peterson had 100+ yards and a TD. Ugh! So much garbage! :mad:

5. MarkyMark67

MarkyMark67 Walk On

that seems to be happening a lot lately. I had 2 games in 2 nights do that to me. one said a network timeout, wth? 1, in late 3rd quarter, 1 late in the 4th with 30 seconds left.

6. majesty95

That's a whole lot of bullish right there

7. Kyswag

Kyswag Walk On

Denver Broncos at Oakland Raiders
    Final Score 17-19

After starting the season off to an 0-2 start the Oakland Raiders were in desperate need of a win. They knew that the Broncos wasn't going to make this an easy challenge for them. Terrelle Pryor was on ESPN'S First Take earlier this week with Skip Bayless and was asked "if he thought his team had enough talent to pull of a big win against such a good team?" Pryor stated, "All we have to do is come out and play our game. I know we haven't shown our full potential in the first two but, just wait just wait!"

The game started off just as everyone expected with Arian Foster breaking off a 60+ yard run for a TD. Next possession the Raiders fumble the ball on a kickoff and Denver capitalized off the opportunity with another TD. Things weren't looking good for the Silver n' Black but a good drive capped off with a Janikowski field goal with under 2 minutes left in the half gave the raiders some breathing room. Wth a late Int from Micheal Huff gave the Raiders an opportunity to close in on the lead before halftime. With Pryor on point with his passing and Mcfadden doing the dirty work on the ground the Raiders found themselves down 10-14 going into halftime.
    The second half was pretty much of a dog fight for both teams! Oakland came out looking more focused but couldn't seem to convert with a single TD in the second half. They relied on the leg of Janikowski to put them in the lead 16-14. With 1:30 on the clock Peyton showed us why is his the best of the best putting the Broncos in position for the lead with a field goal. With little time on the clock it was up to Pryor to show his magic as he did so many times at Ohio St. Pryor was connecting on all cylinders going for 7 out of his 8 completions to put the Raiders in field goal range with 3 secs left on the clock. Janikowski stepped up to kick the winning field goal and Mike McCarthy calls a timeout to try and ice the kicker. The Raiders came back out on the field and Janikowski lined up for the kick and with his GOLDEN LEG he takes the win!!! Topping off the game with a final score of 17-19. Oakland gets their first win of the season and for Raider fans hopefully many more to come!
    Stats:

T. Pryor-19-29 259 yards 1td 1int
    P. Manning-11-18170 yard 2int's

Mcfadden- 19 att. for 73 yrds
    Foster- 13 att. for 150 yrds 2td's

D. Moore 6 rec. 79 yrds
    A. Roberts 1 rec 63yrds 1td tp1.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  8. majesty95

CPU [​IMG] 8-27 [​IMG] majesty95
    JAX at MIN 2014.jpg

MINNEAPOLIS, Minn. --- When the NFL schedules were released in April this looked like this game was going to be a battle of two running backs (Adrian Peterson and Maurice Jones-Drew). Those two players were expected to dominate the game and the better performer would likely lead their team to victory. One could even have believed with both backs putting up similar performance that Phillip Rivers, the free agent acquisition by the Jaguars, could conceivably be the difference maker in the game. How untrue all of those scenarios turned out to be.

Brett Ray, the first-year starter from West Virginia, led the Vikings with a career high three touchdowns passes and continued to complete passes with laser-like precision. Ray completed 20-of-26 pass attempts for 254 yards and raised his NFC leading completion percentage to 74%. Rivers, meanwhile, completed only 13-of-24 pass attempts for 155 yards and never seemed to find a rhythm.

The defenses were really the name of the game as both defenses swarmed the opposing ball carriers. Drew was limited to just nine carries and 30 yards by the Vikings' defense while Peterson managed only 66 yards for the Vikings on 23 carries.The Vikings pass rush and secondary ultimately were the difference makers forcing several third-and-long scenarios and keeping Rivers from getting comfortable in the pocket.

Next week the Vikings will have another test offensively as they host divisional rival Chicago at the Metrodome. Jacksonville will head a few hours east and take on another NFC North team in the Green Bay Packers.

• Like Like x 1
  9. LLCoolGrey

LLCoolGrey Walk On

Wow...Glen and I just had a crazy game. The stats are a bit misleading since the 4th quarter was a blood bath scoring fest. Basically, I was up 20-7 late in the 3rd quarter with 1:40 left. My RB Ryan Mathews gets injured and I punt the ball to the Panthers. Panthers off a wildcat pass get a long bomb pass to Steve Smith for a TD. 20-14. After another 3 and out by the Chargers, the Panthers off a QB read, get a Cam Newton 77 yard TD Run to take the lead 21-20 Panthers. On my next possession I convert but am called for a holding call on 3rd and long. End up punting again. Panthers march and score with 3 minutes off a Cam Newton 3 yard rushing TD. Down 28-20, the Chargers answer off a broken pass play as Braylon Edwards catches a pass for 70 yards and a TD. The 2pt conversion is no good. Score 28-26. The chargers defense hold firm and call 3 timeouts, get the ball back and after a couple of pass plays, get a rushing TD from Rashad Jennings to take a 33-28 lead with 1:45 left in the game. On the kickoff the Panthers take the ball to the house lol...and take the lead again 36-33. The Chargers get the ball back and find Robert Meachem on a Wheel Route wide open for a 66 yard TD to take the lead again 40-36. Panthers with all of there Timeouts and 59 seconds try and answer, and would get the ball all the way to the 32 yard line, but fall just short as time expires.

GG Glen...I'm glad i don't have to play the Panthers all the time. Cam is a monster.

And to the league, the stats may seem alittle scewed but it seriously came off late in the fourth quarter alone. I had 205 yards passing to start the 4th quarter. We combined to score 34 pts in the first 3 quarters, and 42 in the last couple minutes of the game due to big plays.

Final Score

Chargers 40
    Panthers 36

• Like Like x 3
  10. Crunk_Ness

Crunk_Ness Walk On

Giants come up just short 30-27 despite throwing 6 picks in overtime thriller!!
    [​IMG]
    Glendale, Az--- The Giants came into town to face coach Crunk_Ness and his Cardinals who have never been able to beat coach AveryB. Early in the first quarter the Cardinals defense forced Eli to throw 2 picks in Arizona territory which lead to 10 quick points for the Cardinals. Late in the second quarter after trailing 17-0 the Giants get a Field Goal to get on the board before halftime but with just .07 seconds left the Giants decide not to squib kick the ball and Patrick Peterson would return the ball out of the end zone 101 yards for the score before the half making it 24-3 Cardinals and to add to insult the Cardinals get the ball back to start the second half. After the third quarter the score would be 27-10 and Coach Crunk_Ness decides to shy away from his defensive plan and play conservative in which AveryB would take advantage and end up scoring a touchdown with just under .50 seconds left to go. 27-24 and Giants recover the onside kick afterwards also! What a collapse by this Cardinals team!! After a couple nice runs the Giants kick a Field Goal and force an overtime. Cardinals would win the over time toss and elect to receive. After a nice drive the Giants force the Cardinals to settle for a Field Goal and Eli Manning hits the field at yet another chance to make a great comeback.... but falls short this time forcing a deep pass down the field and Adrian Wilson picks him off for the second time of the day to make the final 30-27. Coach Crunk_Ness after the game had this to say "Have to tip our hats off to the New York Giants football team. They played a hell of a game out there and showed a lot of heart and fight but we as a team can not expect to drop 7 passes every week and give up late leads and expect to get a "W"! I understand a win is a win but I don't want to get used to winning this way and fully expect my players to feel my pain heading into our bye week this week."​
    wk3.png wk3_stats.png wk3_stats1.png

Last edited: Feb 18, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  11. AveryB

AveryB Walk On

This was a damm good game. I havent had one like this in a very long time(y)

• Like Like x 2