Season 3 (W4) - Deadline is 11pm CST TUE 2/19

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by majesty95, Feb 18, 2013.

1. majesty95

majesty95 Show class, have pride, and display character.

Week 4 is here. YungLew15 can we get the league leaders and standings going again? :D
    A couple user games and a couple CPU games didn't get played. Remember, all CPU games need to be done within 48 hours and all user vs user games need to be attempted in that time frame. If you need an extra day then you need to PM me and your opponent to ask for an extension.
    Good luck this week. Let's get rollin'!
    [​IMG]
    The winner of each game (or user if playing the CPU) must post a short game summary following their game. The summary must include the following:​
    • Game Score
    • Key Team Stats
    • Key Individual Stats
    • Notes
    This can be as basic or as simply as you would like to make it. However, the more engaging the posts are, the more invested other users will be in this thread and the league in general. Its up to you how much effort you want to put into it.

Here are some links to help out your summaries:

Last edited: Feb 19, 2013
  2. coachgaddy

coachgaddy Mega 49ers, OMFL Pats

New England Patriots head into bye rolling

Foxboro. MA

Over the past four weeks the New England Patriots have looked like a well oiled machine that doesn't appear to be slowing down anytime soon. The Patriots got wins over the Bills, Jaguars, Seahawks and Jets having allowed only 2 offensive touchdowns. I believe this team is ready for the head to head competition vs the owner controlled teams in the VFL in the coming weeks. They will go into the bye focused and perhaps bring in another player to help fill a void. Then they will hit the practice field before they leave for Indianapolis to play the Colts after that 8 of their next eleven games are against the VFL finest. Brady has this offense on another level with the pass and the infusion of the running attack makes them even more deadly. Gaddy has a young defense that's quick and only makes hits that deliver statements to ball carriers. As of now the Patriots have the #1 offense and #1 defense in the VFL and look forward to showing the rest of the league why.

[​IMG]

Patriots vs Bills (W 35-0 Brady tosses 4, Ridley rushes for 105 and Hightower gets 3 sacks)
    Patriots vs Jaguars (W 27-0 Patriots rush for 151, Lloyd and Gronkowski go over 100 yards receiving and Patriots defense tally 4 sacks)
    Patriots vs Seahaws (W 34-13 Ridley rushes for 153 and Hightower adds 4 sacks to his total)
    Patriots vs Jets (W 38-17 Brady tosses 5 touchdowns and throws for over 400 yards, Patriots TE's go bezerk going over 100 yards receiving, Patriots defense get to Tebow 4 times)

• Like Like x 2
  3. J-Hawk

J-Hawk Walk On

INJURIES DEVASTATE TITANS AND COLTS GAME

[​IMG]

A nervous Titans squad came out slowly against a talented Colts team who dominated the ball the first 12 minutes of the game, missing 2 chip field goals. Then tragedy struck, Ray Rice was carted off the field with a Broken Collarbone (OUT 7 WEEKS). The tides turned for the Titans and with 3 minutes left Chris Johnson broke a 20+ yard run for a TD. With time ticking at the end of the first half Jake Locker got the Titans into field goal position and took the lead to 10-0 at half. The Titans didn't take the foot off the gas pedal when Nickolas Akuna returned a kick off for a TD to start the half. Then later the Colts and Titans each scored a TD led by both of their quarterbacks. As the Titans were running out the clock, Chris Johnson took a wicked hit and had to leave the game with a Shoulder Tear (OUT 3 WEEKS).

Titans 24 Colts 6

Offensive Performers:
    Jake Locker: 15/23 180 yds 1 TD
    Andrew Luck: 14/31 178 yds 1 TD 1 INT

Chris Johnson: 22 att 96 yds 1 TD
    Ray Rice: 10 att 37yds
    Tim Hightower: 9 att 43 yds

Defensive Performers:
    Kamerion Wimbley 4 Tackles for Loss 3 Sacks
    Jason McCourty 1 Int

Last edited: Feb 18, 2013
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Kyswag

Kyswag Walk On

Controversy in Oakland?

After last weeks win starting QB Terelle Pryor ran into some trouble with the Oakland PD! Pryor was pulled over for wreckless driving while intoxicated! Raiders head coach was quoted earlier this week saying, "We need MEN on this team not BOYS, we need professionalism and we need a leader especially from what is suppose to be our starting QB!" Raiders organization shows no remorse towards Pryor they went and picked up former Heisman winner Troy Smith! The whole week Smith took first string snaps and many Raider fan's were unhappy with the decision! When asked what his take on the situation was Veteran DT Richard Seymour stated, "Troy didn't come in this locker room with an attitude he came in humble and we respect that, you can see he had an eagerness in his eyes to play and he wanted to prove to us and that's what we need right now someone who can lead us on and off the field!" The real story on the field came from Mr. Run DMC himself! Mcfadden came out with a chip on his shoulder, many people questioning if and when would they see Mcfadden's true form. They didn't have to wait long cause Mcfadden came out ready to run! The Falcons defense was no match for the atheletism of Mcfadden he rushed for 149 yds on 24 att. with 2td's. DMC also added on 3 rec for 34 yds as well. The Raider "D" was on point picking off Matty ice 4 times in the game and forcing Snelling to fumble twice. They held the Falcons running game to only 4 yds the entire game! This is a time they could have used Michael Turner who is still out for 3 more weeks! Troy Smith helped completeing 60% of his passing and had a QBR of 81.6 and he threw for a td as well. The million dollar question everyone was asking was "Will Smith remain the starting QB the remainder of the season?" Guess we will have to wait and see next Sunday!
    Oakland 24 vs. Atlanta 10
    run dmc.jpg
    Stats-
    T. Smith* 12-20 162 yds 1td 1int
    M. Ryan* 15-26 211 yds 1td 4int's

D. Mcfadden* 24 att 149 yds 2td's 3 rec 34 yds
    J. Snelling* 11 att 4 yds
    D. Moore* 4 rec 61 yds
    D. Ausberry* 1 rec 15 yds 1 td
    L. Bearden* 2 rec 33 yds
    J. Rodgers* 5 rec 65
    M. Rigsy* 4 rec 47 yds
    J. Jones* 3 rec 66 yds
    R. White 1 rec 9 yds

• Like Like x 1
  5. danwin

danwin Walk On

What happened to the 3 day limit on getting games in? Wasn't it 3 days at the start of the season?

6. majesty95

Need to keep up with the league news. I created a thread for it an tagged everyone in it. ;)

Last edited: Feb 19, 2013
  7. majesty95

CHI at MIN 2014.jpg

MINNEAPOLIS, Minn. --- Prior to Sunday, only 28 men had rushed for more than 10,000 yards in their NFL careers. After Sunday, you can add one more name to that list. Minnesota Vikings running back Adrian Peterson ran for 130 yards on Sunday pushing his career total to 10,001 rushing yards in his career. Peterson also added three rushing touchdowns to put his career total at 101 becoming only the 8th player in NFL history with more than 10,000 yards rushing and more than 100 rushing touchdowns.

Peterson had stated during the week that he would like to accomplish both feats in front of the home fans and that it would be extra special to do so against the rival Bears. However, as usual, he displayed a team first attitude and said that he only wanted it if that meant the team would win as well. Well, "AD" as he is affectionately known by his fans, was the predominant force in leading the Vikings to the 28-14 win.

Peterson scored on a one-yard run early in the second quarter to put the Vikings up 10-0. After a 14-0 run by the Bears, Peterson again scored to put the Vikings up by 7 last in the third quarter. In the fourth quarter, Peterson was instrumental in moving the chains and chewing time off the clock and eventually would plunge into the end zone for his third score of the day. The last touchdown, with only 1:52 remaining, all but sealed the coffin for the Bears.

Due to the heroic game from Peterson, the Vikings were able to endure a less than stellar performance from starting quarterback Brett Ray. The first-year starter had the first sub-par game of his career throwing for zero touchdowns and two interceptions. However, Peterson and a few key completions from Ray were enough to overcome the atypical performance.

Next week the Vikings will have a bye and get to rest after a physical game with the Bears (the Vikings lost starting safety LaRon Landry and nickleback Chris Cook to injuries during the game) while the Bears will head home to take on the defending Super Bowl champion Arizona Cardinals.

8. majesty95

9. CJTHA1

CJTHA1 Walk On

I'll get my game in after class tonight

• Like Like x 1
  10. majesty95

11. Crumbler81

Crumbler81 Walk On

I haven't heard from AveryB yet.

12. majesty95

You still have the same cell #?

13. woodsmall

woodsmall Walk On

Lions show Seahawks how to play football, win 34 to 10
    From the start of the game, the route was on ... Matt Stafford got back to his MVP form from last year by going 17 for 28 with 220 yds passing and 4 tds ... Best and Leshoure continued to split the work load as Best went 15 carries for 77 yds and Leshoure 12 carries for 56 yds ... Stafford spread the wealth to his receiving core as he hit 5 of those receivers for 3 catches or more ... Newcomer Adrian Clayborn continued to be a disruptive force on the line as he led the team in tackles with 5 and 3 for a loss ... he helped pick up the slack as All Pro DT N. Suh went out with a groin pull
    [​IMG]

14. majesty95

Just waiting to hear from Crumbler81. Hoping he can play tonight vs the CPU since AveryB was not able to play. RVallee has not played yet but is logged on so I'm guessing is playing now. Otherwise everyone is done and ready to go. :)

15. majesty95

I tried numerous times to get ahold of Crumbler81 RVallee and did not hear from them and need to go to bed so I simmed those two games. On to week 5...

16. YungLew15

YungLew15 Walk On

Chiefs Too Much for Steelers

Picture 9.png

So me and mikeb539 got disconnected 3 times playing. All three of the other games were close and really competitive. Unfortunately, in the fourth game the breaks just didn't go his way and this one turned into a rout.

• Like Like x 1
  17. mikeb539

mikeb539 Walk On

Oh god, did you have to post that? lol

• Like Like x 1
  18. mikeb539

mikeb539 Walk On

Sorry about the disconnects...I never had a league game disconnection before, but have a few times in lobby games around the 5pm est time, when I think the servers are busy. The last disconnection was when I accidentally accepted someones league game invite they sent...I thought I hit the 'reply' button to tell him to wait, so that kicked me out. Just an awful night of gaming for me. The other games were competitive, it sucks the way this turned out, I just lost my fire and concentration on the last one.