Season 3 (W4)

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Paytonno1son, Oct 3, 2013.

1. Paytonno1son

Paytonno1son Walk On

Here

• Like Like x 1
  2. titangator

titangator Walk On

MTSU moves to 2-0, beats Tulane 24-14

Johnny McCrary has lived up to the hype surrounding him in his first 2 games as the starting quarterback for the Blue Raiders. McCrary went a modest 9 of 12 passing the ball for just 97 yards, but he did throw a touchdown pass on a big 3rd down play right before the half. McCrary led the Blue Raider rushing attack for the 2nd game in a row however, carrying the ball 14 times for 143 yards and a touchdown. Tailback Jordan Parker had 13 carries for 38 yards and the power back Shane Tucker carried it 4 times for 13 yards but added a touchdown. "They kept playing inside with their d-ends man, I kept seeing that, so I kept keeping it, and I had a lot of running room every time you know, it wasn't nothing special I was doing physically, just making the right reads down there," said McCrary.

As for the game, it was a very evenly matched affair, with the deciding factor coming down to turnovers. "We preach it every day in practice, protect the ball. Protect the ball. Protect the ball. We have done that through 2 games this year and we are 2-0. When we take care of the ball we don't put our defense in bad spots, and we keep our offense out there. It's a lot easier to keep the other team from scoring when their offense isn't on the field," said Hickerson.

The MTSU defense forced 3 turnovers, all by junior Tulane quarterback Devin Powell. Powell was picked off twice by sophomore CB Quinton Bonner and also fumble on a hit delivered by senior saggy Kevin Byard.

MTSU hits the road for the first time of the season as they travel to take on Kent State and majesty95 .