Season 3 Week 1 Summaries

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by BG, May 1, 2010.

1. BG

BG On The Rize!

Season 3 Week 1 Summaries

Post Here!

2. BG

BG On The Rize!

Akron vs #22 Ohio State

In Coach Forever's debut as the new head coach of the Ohio State Buckeyes, it was a less than welcoming game as The Bucks rolled over the hapless ZIps of Akron in Columbus. Ohio State relied on the ground early and often as they ran for 340yds on 43 car. Ohio State had two RB's to break the century mark in the game. Senior RB, D. Herron ran for 142yds on 18 carries with two scores. But the real standout was backup RB, J. Berry. He was named Player of The Game following a 151yd performance on the ground with 3 rushing scores. Ohio's defense also played very well in the game allowing a meager 107yds of total offense to the Zips.

Next week, the two National Championship coaches from a year ago will face each other with their new respective schools. The win makes the Ohio State Buckeyes 1-0(0-0) on the early season.

Final Score:

Akron: 3

Ohio State: 65

3. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

The post Dasher regime in Murfreesboro started with a bang as the Blue Raiders thumped #6 ranked Iowa 37-7.

DD Kyles, MTSU's preseason first team all American showed off his overall game with over 100 yards of total offense.

Biggest suprise of the game was the Blue Raiders staunch defense and their ability to put pressure on the Hawkeyes QB.

Next week is a big user game with the start of a home/home with Texas A&M.

4. onaradio34

onaradio34 Tryin not to show how little I know bout anything

SMU gets an extra week of practice. Coach Onaradio34 hits the recruiting trail...not looking good.

5. Big-Bear-W

Big-Bear-W Walk On

Wow - that supersim is not too helpful when you are an underdog. I wanted to cram a quarter or half in before the hockey game. Couldn't get the sim to give me a lead at the half. Ended up I had to play the game in full.

Rice gets by Maryland in another close one, not as close as the initial o/t victory.