Season 3, Week 1

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Lee.Flex, Dec 8, 2009.

1. Lee.Flex

Lee.Flex Ducks Fan

Season 3, Week 1

Post Them Here. (y)

2. Jam.

Jam. FIU; Sun Belt Champions!

Upset in Indiana!; Army Defeats Indiana, 59-47

[​IMG]

West Point, NY- Welcome to the team, Coach. The campus and alumni were buzzing all off-season about the hiring of Army's new coach, Jam. He had much success leading the high school Port Chester Rams to multiple state championships in New York, and had agreed to take the job opening left vacant after a disappointing 5-7 season. Coach Jam was largely unknown nationally, despite his high school successes. Well, the nation has been put on alert after this upset against Indiana.

Red Shirt Sophomore QB Trent Steelman had a career game on the ground, as the leader of this Army triple option attack. He racked up 223 yards and 3 touchdowns from 22 carries. He also finished 3 for 5 passing the ball. He orchestrated many big plays in the game, including this 62 yard touchdown run to shift the momentum in Army's favor; http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/14203698. When asked about this run, Steelman replied "I gotta give all the credit to the offensive line, the pitchman was sufficiently blocked, and when I turned up field the Indiana defense parted like the Red Sea. The only thing I was worried about was getting caught from behind, I'm not the fastest guy on the field, haha."

Running Back J. Carter also had a great game, using 19 rushing attempts to rack up 122 yards and 2 touchdowns. Full Back K. Ehie also did his part, taking the majority of the snaps at the end of the game to close out the victory, gaining 81 yards and 2 rushing touchdowns.

However, not all went so smoothly. Army's defense has a lack luster game against this talented Indiana offense. Indiana gained 523 yards of total offense, thanks in part to 3 gains of 75 yards or higher.

However, Army's defense played to a high level when necessary. Down by 4 points, and the offense needing the ball back, the defense stepped up and forced the Indiana offense to go three and out on two drives in a row. With 2 minutes left they also strip-sacked Indiana's quarterback B. Chappell for a fumble recovery for a touchdown.

The schedule drops a seemingly unconquerable game on Army next, as they face #6 Alabama in West Point before the bye week.

3. Jam.

Btw, Trent Steelman is an awesome name for a quarterback.

4. Vinsanity

Vinsanity Walk On

[​IMG] vs. [​IMG]

SJSU vs USC Pregame watch

SJSU coach Vinsanity said they gonna be rocking them blue and gold jerseys (home) thinking that blue ( water) will beat red ( fire) anytime of the weak.

"Who cares about the damn 15 yard penalty for not wearing proper jersey, only 15 yards , my linemen can sack those 15 yards back for us." Coach V said.

Of course there's no penalty for not wearing proper jersey. lol

[​IMG]

5. Lee.Flex

Lee.Flex Ducks Fan

UCF wins Home Opener vs Duke

UCF : 30
    Duke : 13

Former Air Force coach Drausus took the rains of UCF during the off-season, and fans are hoping he can help turn this team into a conference champ.

1st QTR
    UCF would take an early lead from a RB B.Harvey TD. Duke answered back with a long drive followed by a FG. 6-3 UCF

2nd QTR
    Duke would begin the second qtr by capitalizing off a missed UCF FG (Missed 3) and turned in 3 points of their own to tie the game. UCF would put together a long drive behind RB B.Harvey and pound in a TD to take the lead before half. 13-6 UCF

3rd QTR
    Duke would drive the field and tie the game off of a RB Scott 22 yard run. UCF would answer back with a RB Harvey TD run. 20-13 UCF

4th QTR
    UCF would control the clock with RB Harvey and they added on 10 points to the lead. Duke had their chances, but came up short down the stretch. 30-13 UCF

Player of the Game
    RB B.Harvey 32att, 137yards, 1 TD, 4rec, 56yards, 1 TD

6. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

This isn't Pokemon

7. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Buffalo Downed Against Lousiana Tech

The Bulls would win the first half and hold the LaTech offense to 28-19 going to the half. Both defenses would not come back from the locker room as the offenses lit up the field. LaTech would become a running dominance in the 2nd half as they could not produce much on the ground in the 1st. It was like a flick of the switch and there was LSU instead of LaTech. HB Daniel Porter would have an unbelievable game running for LT as he managed to rush for 345 yards and 6 touchdowns on only 25 carries against a head coach who usually dominates the run. An unreal performance and a late comeback would lift LTU past Buffalo 55-52, as a 3rd and 12 first down on a snap and pass would seal the victory for the men from the south. Buffalo is looking at possibly starting the season off 0-3 before MAC play against Army as they host Pitt next week and an travel to an even better Cal Bears team in week 3.

8. Vinsanity

Vinsanity Walk On

SJSU Shocks the Nation by beating #4 USC 38-28

[YOUTUBE]xLe66AGitYg[/YOUTUBE]
    SJSU came into this game as a big underdog, but thru their running game they opened up their passing game to accomplish the most unlikely upset. The game started off with a 81 yard rush by their Junior RB Muldrow, he had two running play that was 60 yards +, left the game with an injury tallying 166 yards on 15 attempts and a TD. Backup Patrick Perry wasn't as efficient as Muldrow but PErry was good for a 4 yard per rush along with 2 TDs. QB Kyle Reed completed 19-32 passes for 240 yards, 1 TD and 1 INT. He threw the games first score running a little play action to his TE Williams.

The Defense didn't slow Matt Barkley down as he threw for 349 yards and 3 TDs with 1 INT. But the defense sure slowed RB Joe McKnight down as he ran for 71 yards on 17 attempts.

IT was a 14-7 SJSU end of first
    21-13 end of 2nd
    31-20 end of 3rd
    38-28 to finish out the game.

"So blue is better than red" Coach V saids after the game, in his first game with SJSU, he is able to shock the nation. Next two weeks is no easy task as well, as SJSU will face off against Kansas State and #14 Boise State.​

9. Lee.Flex

Lee.Flex Ducks Fan

nice win vinsanity!! Big time upset!!

10. Vinsanity

Vinsanity Walk On

and a video of me picking Barkley (y) as you can see his 99 rated o line gave him 50 sec to throw the ball but he just sucks :)

11. Lee.Flex

Lee.Flex Ducks Fan

lol.... 349 Yards, 3TD's to only 1 INT.... nah.. he doesn't suck... USC's run game just met up with a good run stopping defensive coach.

12. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

BLAST OFF!! ROCKETS START SEASON WITH A BIG WIN OVER AGGIES 65-38

BLAST OFF!! ROCKETS START SEASON WITH A BIG WIN OVER AGGIES 65-38

[​IMG]
    Team 1st 2nd 3rd 4th Total
    USU 7 17 0 14 38
    Toledo 3 17 21 24 65

Team USU Toledo
    Offense 500 437
    Rush 38-233-5 34-175-4
    Pass 267 (19-29) 262 (16-21)
    TO 3 2
    TOP 14:50 14:02

The Toledo Tockets (1-0,0-0) came out of the lockeroom ready to go as they gave the fans in the Glass Bowl a show. This was a game of offense as both teams combined put up 937 yards total offense with another 500 in kick return yards. The Rockets were able to outscore the Aggies and force a couple key turnovers which sealed the victory for them.

The Toledo Rockets offense was led by RSSR QB Aaron Opelt who threw for 251 yards with 15 completions on 20 attempts for 3 TDs. His favorite target was star WR Williams who caught 5 passes for 101 yards with 2 TDs. The rush attack was led by RSSR Dujuane Collins who rushed for 117 yards on 16 carries with 1 TD.

[YOUTUBE]UCMpr1l96w4[/YOUTUBE]
    Williams catches a 41 yard pass over 2 defenders for a TD

The Rockets defense was led by 3 time All MAC LB Barry Church who led the team with 16 tackles, 3 TFL, and 2 INTs. If he continues to put up these kind of numbers he may find himself on the docket for All-American. His two USER interceptions (HIGHLIGHTS BELOW) have got him player of the game.

13. Jam.

Good games by everyone! Tough loss for you, Cimmy. Your schedule seems really difficult :/

14. onaradio34

onaradio34 Tryin not to show how little I know bout anything

[​IMG]

SMU vs New Mexico

SMU was looking to get the season off right with a win against New Mexico. Things didnt look to bright two plays into the game as this happens:
    [youtube]pvlzDkiHhsI[/youtube]

SMU would respond as they drive it down field for a 18 yrd TD run by RB S. McNeal.
    [youtube]gvkeZunT968[/youtube]

SMU would score 28 more points before New Mexico closes out the half with a TD. 35-14 at the half.

Both teams would add a TD and a FG in the 3rd. SMU's came from thier playmaking WR F. Sanders as he burns the safety covering him because of a corner blitz.

[youtube]IVitflFCcUw[/youtube]

45-23 starting the 4th. SMU's defense would hold New Mexico scoreless and take the win 48-23.

Players of the game: WR F. Sanders 13 rec, 253 yds, 4 tds; LB T. Reed 12 tkls, 6 tfl, 3 sacks

15. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

Frisk> fix your videos please

Jam>Please don't let the score of my game fool you. I was down 34-10 in the 4th quarter before I came back. Final in my game was 34-31.

In a driving rainstorm the cpu caught everything for 3+ quarters. The game was only close because of 2 things, the cpu being up 24 in the 4th kept throwing the ball, and dumb luck. I scored on a 4th and long 60+yard TD pass that led to an onside kick recovery.

I don't like season showdown, but if you or I threw the ball as much as the cpu did in late 3rd early 4th, we would have been docked serious points in season showdown for running it up. If they ran the ball in the 4th like they should have I would not have had 2 possessions and lost by 14-21.

16. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Onradio's first vid looks like the entire highlight reel of my game for LaTech

17. Lee.Flex

Lee.Flex Ducks Fan

I want to keep the RB ability the same.... but we may need to move up user tacking and rush defense to compensate.

They thing I want to avoid is seeing good RB's getting knocked down by a strong gust of wind.... which is what we run into with lower RB ability.

18. Jam.

Maybe lower CPU run blocking?

19. BG

BG On The Rize!

CSU vs Stanford

WEEK 1

Toby Gerhart opens the 2009 season with something to prove; and that is what he did. He had 30 car for 226 yds and 2 td's. He was relieved midway thru the third qtr by back-up Rb S. Taylor. Stanford never were threaten by the Rams offensively nor defensivly as Stanford racked up over 500 yds of total offense while holding CSU to 200, 180 of which came thru the air.

The win gives Stanford a 1-0(0-0) record on the season. Next week, Stanford travels to The Coliseum to take on highly talented Southern California.

Final Score:

Stanford- 48

CSU- 14

Player of The Game

[​IMG]
    Toby Gerhart started his senior campaign off with a bang as he ran for 226 yds and 2 td's in his season debut.​

20. thievaryx

thievaryx Walk On

Week 1:

Middle Tenn State U vs Central Michigan
    24 - 52

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5 Column 6
    - 1st 2nd 3rd 4th Total
    MTSU 0 3 7 14 24
    CMU 14 7 24 7 52

Great all around showing by CMU for their opener. They bottled up MTSU with the exception of 3 big runs by WR Tavares Jefferson of MTSU. He ended the day with 3 carries for 159 yards!!!

Stat of the game:

MTSU was held to 1/11 on 3rd down conversions.

Player of the game:

LB Brazzel
    13 Tkl, 8TFL, 2sacks

Next week:

CMU travels to Ohio State! Early line is Ohio State -31

[​IMG]

21. Super3Way

Super3Way Guest

Kansas State 42 Kent State 35

This game went back and forth the entire game, with Kansas state scoring a TD with a minute left to take the lead and secure the victory. The Kent State RB, Jacquise Terry, could not be tackled. It was actually pretty hilarious. Fluke big plays on 3rd downs kept Kent state in the game. Probably one of the most frustrating game i have ever played. lol although still getting used to my new team.

22. Jam.

Seems like another case of robo RB...

23. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

I think Super was Kent State

24. Jam.

Oh... Well then nevermind xD

25. Super3Way

Super3Way Guest

oh no i was kansas state, i won the game. just in frustrating fashion.