Season 3 - Week 1

Discussion in 'The Trifecta' started by Dru50, May 10, 2010.

1. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Season 3 - Week 1

Week 1 will be up and running tonight.

Barring any wierd issues with the schedules, we will be kicking off with 3 user matchups in week 1. Please start working on scheduling them now so we can start off strong.

User games:
    Kansas St vs Auburn
    Oklahoma vs Tennessee
    USF vs Texas

Generally everyone has 4 user games, however 2 of us (myself and max) have 5 due to the f'd up Big 12 unbalanced schedules.

Also - DON'T FORGET TO POST YOUR PLAYBOOKS IN THE SEASON 3 THREAD.

2. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Hokie, I'm gonna be out of town Tuesday night, but I could play Wednesday late afternoon or early evening if that works for you. Otherwise, I'm free all day Thursday.

3. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

Hokie is out of town until the 12th I believe....he's on a bender in Vegas.

4. Dru50

Thanks Gators for the info on Hokie. I wasn't aware he was out of town but it sounds like that works best for dakota's schedule anyway. I want to try to stick to a 72 hour advance schedule as much as we can so we try to get through this last season prior to 2011 dropping.

On the topic of schedules, I was playing around with them a bit more today and was able to fit a 5th user game in for everyone (which required me to take on a 6th user game but that's cool).

I've attached the schedules in this post, the only thing that remains for me to work out is who everyone's CPU out of conference opponents are. Everyone will have an A+ rated schedule so don't be surprised if you have some tough CPU opponents lined up. I'm also going to make sure that some of the other conference big boys will be on user schedules to try and arrange it so that there are no CPU undefeated teams at year end.

Attached Files:

5. dakota7

Looks like Hokie and I both have byes in Week 13........maybe you could move that game so we don't have to sim week 1?

6. Dru50

If he's back on the 12th and you can play thursday, there would be no need to sim. We advance to week 1 tonight, the 72 hour advance wouldn't happen until Thursday night.

7. dakota7

I guess moving the game to week 13 just fixes the whole issue right away, particulary since the schedule isn't set in stone yet. But I guess we'll just see what Hokie says about Thursday, hopefully.

8. Dru50

Fair point, I was trying to front load user games as much as I could to get them in before interest wanes for some folks.

That game is now moved to week 13 and you and Hokie will have CPU games in week 1.

I've printed out the schedules and will be uploading them tonight, so any more changes are highly unlikely.

9. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

Leon on again that mutha F*&# I cant get away from.... lol bring him on with his pathetic LSU squad.

10. dakota7

Thanks dru

11. Dru50

Week 1 is up, there were some slight changes to the schedules. Thanks noles for taking on a 6th game so everyone has at least 5 user games.

User games:
    Oklahoma vs Tennessee
    Auburn vs Pittsburgh
    Texas vs USF

We will advance Thursday night.

12. Beazus Christ

Beazus Christ Resident Smut Peddler

LSU - 55
    USC - 3

LSU heads out west to start the season and thumps the Trojans in a battle of top 5 teams. The big question surrounding LSU this off season has the QB position, which will feature a RS sophomore. If today's game was any indication of how the season will go, the Tigers should be just fine at QB. Russell Shepard ran for over 100 yards and passed for 251 yards against a Trojan defense that many thought would be one of the best in the nation this year. On the other side of the ball, the LSU defense forced 4 USC turnovers and held the Pac 10 powerhouse to just 3 total points.

13. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

#10 OSU 45
    #11 Cincy 42

Players of the game:
    Terrelle Pryor 23/34, 359 yds 4 TDs
    J. Berry 18 car, 162 yds, 2 TDs

[​IMG]

14. Dru50

OK, it looks like OU beat Tennessee last night 35-14.

That leaves the Pitt/Auburn game which I believe is being played this morning and Hokie's CPU game.

I will be advancing tonight, since I'm then out of town until Sunday evening, so let's get em done guys.

Hokie - I haven't seen you post here recently (if I missed it I apologize), are you still active in Trifecta or looking to be on AP?

15. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Oklahoma - 35
    Tennessee - 14

Ugly game for both teams if you look at the stats. OU had just over 200 yards and UT had just under 200. The difference in the game were turnovers. I had 4 of them, 2 pick sixes and the other pick lead to a OU TD. The real turning point in the game came early in the 1st half. Tied at 7, UT was inside the OU 20 yard line when my old man brain hit the wrong button on a pass, floating one across the field. The Sooners picked it at the goal line and ran it back for 6. Pretty frustrating game for me as I just couldnt seem to get anything going against a tough Sooner defense. Good game Marcman. Good luck the rest of the season.

16. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

Justr got back into town late last night from a 5day Vegas trip. I will get up to speed with everything tonight.

17. Dru50

Sorry about that, completely forgot that you were out of town.

18. Dru50

Florida State gives Notre Dame a real run, but the Irish pulled away in the 4th quarter for a 49-35 victory. There was zero defense in this game as both teams put up 500 yards of offense.

The good - QB Dayne Christ in his first start had over 400 yards passing and the WR/TE group looks stellar.

The bad - The defense was atrocious (just like last year) and the offensive line opened no holes for the running game as HB Cierre Wood had 80 yards on 23 carries.

19. dakota7

Pitt 56
    Auburn 24

Turnovers. Turnovers. Turnovers. Kodi Burns threw 3 picks, one which was returned for a td. Pitt racked up over 300 yards of rushing...the Tigers couldn't stop either Pitt RB. good game noles.

20. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

that 100+ yard interception returned for a TD really killed all momentum that you had going and it was downhill there. gg

P.S. Pitt rushing attack is nothin to *$&% wit! [​IMG]

21. dakota7

I felt like Silent Bob trying to stop your run game. You had huge fckn holes man. It didn't really seem to matter what I did as far as play calling either.

22. Dru50

Hokie, when are you going to play your game? I need to advance tonight, as I am leaving town and won't be back until Sunday.

23. Twister18

Twister18 I aint got time to bleed!

Texas: 35 USF: 30

The Longhorns took advantage of a tired OSF squad as they had played 2 previous games, and jumped out to a 35-9 lead with 2 long pass plays to Whittaker and Monroe and a pick 6 from Robinson to outlast a furious comeback from Coach Max's Bulls. More stats and highlights later today in the summary. Great game Max!

24. marcman777

marcman777 Walk On

thanks for the write up recchem, i crashed right after the game and worked a 24 hour shift yesterday so i couldn't do a write up. Ya it was a good game and that 1st pick 6 was pretty crushing. It was the difference of you goin up 14-7 rather than me goin up 14-7, so really a 14 point swing for ya. good luck to you too.

25. Dru50

Sorry for the delay guys, just got back into town.

I will be advancing in an hour or so.