Season 3 Week 1

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by alemic, Dec 6, 2010.

1. alemic

alemic Walk On

All summaries will go here. Good luck everybody

2. redwings8831

redwings8831 Walk On

End of 1st Quarter: Stanford 24, San Jose State 0

3. redwings8831

redwings8831 Walk On

At the half: Stanford 37, San Jose State 6

4. redwings8831

redwings8831 Walk On

With 3:42 left in the 3rd, the Stanford running back set a school record for rushing yards in a game with 226 (on 16 carries).

5. redwings8831

redwings8831 Walk On

End of the 3rd Quarter: Stanford 40, San Jose State 13

6. redwings8831

redwings8831 Walk On

Anyone know why the CPU keeps throwing with a huge lead in the 4th? They're up 34 and threw a hail mary (which after it hit two of my defenders resulted in a TD) on 1st down.

7. alemic

alemic Walk On

The computer logic seems to be busted in this game honestly. All I can really say is when you get the ball, run the clock out yourself.

8. redwings8831

redwings8831 Walk On

Final Score: Stanford 61, San Jose State 13.

Summary later.

9. runwhileucan

runwhileucan Walk On

Good god, that sucks for you wings. Tough break man.

10. Coach_Gruden

Coach_Gruden Walk On

Western Michigan opens the season at home vs a ranked West Virgina team....and it doesn't start out well...

1st qt
    On the opening KO, WV Tavon Austin goes 76 yard, 7-0 WVU....Oh my God, can't believe how many mised and slipped tackles this game would have for WMU....end of the first

WVU 7
    WMU 0

2nd qt
    West Virgina scores again on a 49 yard FG to push lead 10-0...Western Michigan drives the field and scores on a Brian Fields 9 yard rush, but XP is no good from the 53 rated kicker LOL....WV answer back stuffing the ball with no huddle, deep pass, and broken tackles to take to score a TD to push the lead at halftime to 17-6

3rd qt
    WMU get KO and is 3 and out...WV takes advantage and scores another TD, on a 3rd pass from Gino Smith to Chris Cook...24-6 and the routes is on???...WMU won't quit..and comes back with a 83 yard drive 25 yard pass from Alex Carder to Ansei Ponder from 25 yards out...2 pointer no good...score 24-12 WVU...we move to the 4th....

4th qt
    I will save you the time, but a crazy qt for points, ans the team combine for 41 total points...but it's even and WVU takes the win....final score

WVU 45
    WMU 32
    Man that was a tough game...busted tackles..etc...and the WVU QB went 13-15...combine with busted tackles run...and i was toast....

11. whales30

whales30 Walk On

Idaho 7 - #23 Georgia 56
    This wasn't close ever. Georgia dominated and knocked out my quarterback Derek Dobzinski for 4 weeks. Not a whole lot to talk about other than Georgia ran all over me. Their starting runningback Ealey rushed for 245 yards before I knocked him out for the season. Then their backup came in and rushed for over 100. Defense could not tackle anyone. The only bright side was the Vandals did force a lot of turnovers but only recovered one I think which they took it to the house. Definately not as close as alemic predicted haha.​

Stats:
    QB Taylor Davis - 4 for 27 and 74 yards​
    RB Harris - 11 yards​

12. axspecialk

axspecialk Walk On

holy crap everyone is getting smoked and with my schedule i need to beat penn state but it dont look like thats gonna happen at all..

13. titangator

titangator Walk On

MTSU hosts Notre Dame shortly... kickoff right around the corner

14. titangator

titangator Walk On

Wow, i get all hyped up and excited to play week 1 only to get beat 69 to 17.(21 were 4th quarter sim points, i had to supersim before I broke my controller)This was a straight up mismatch, not gonna bitch about missed tackles or dropped passes or interceptions or anything, Notre Dame is a much better team team than me and honestly we never had a chance. I filled my head with false thoughts of an upset and there was no way in hell that was gonna happen. From a coach's standpoint we found out several things from this game though:

1. Neither quarterback on our roster is good enough to play at a high level right now. Kilgore regressed from last season, he looked pathetic today, throwing balls all over the place, 6interceptions on the day. And I can honestly say that only 1, MAYBE 2 were my fault, Kilgore really looked bad.
    2. Transfer Tommy Streeter is a legit D1 wide out, kid is a beast, wish i had him more than 1 year.
    3. Defense is not good enough to stop a high school team right now, we can not tackle, at all.
    4. Starting tailback ben Cunningham is out 4 weeks.

All in all, a GREAT start to our season. Not.

15. runwhileucan

runwhileucan Walk On

Tough luck man. Your defense can't possibly be as bad as mine was last year.

16. grat23

grat23 Walk On

LSU 45
    Tulane 31

The Green Wave led 24-21 going into the 4th quarter but LSU was able to score 24 points in the last quarter to defeat Tulane 45-31. Tulane committed three turnovers in the last quarter. Star WR DJ Banks fumbled on the kickoff return after LSU took a 27-24 led. The Waves held the Tigers to a field goal but Tulane QB Tyler Bullock threw a pick on the next possession. Bullock threw 2 interceptions in the last quarter and 3 in the game. Bullock set the school record for passing yards with 461.

17. rice4114

rice4114 Walk On

No Place Like Home?

Cincinnati downs San Diego State on their own turf 52-35.

The Aztecs once again showed why they arent ready for prime time. Defenders were constantly in position only to bounce of 3,4,5 times. The coach made a huge error by going with the back up QB due to his speed. 8 passes later (6 incomplete and 2 to the other team) that experiment was over. Again Sandifer was the only reliable target but I basically benched him second half after he torched Cincy on only 3 passes. We went with a balanced attack and spread the ball around. The running game was hit or miss. 10 yard run followed by 3 runs for a loss. I need to go ultra conservative and see how that works out. Although I dont even pass on consecutive play until we are down 2 scores. Cincy really put a whoopin on us and I really hope we improve. We have the best WR core and running backs we are going to have for 3 years so we better get it done soon.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    San Diego State

Passing ATT Comp Yards TD Int
    Ryne Clark 35 23 387 3 1
    Jake Bernards 8 2 48 0 2

Rushing ATT Yards TD Long
    Ronnie Hillman 13 82 1 21
    Ryne Clark 4 24 0 23
    Ezell Ruffin 2 19 1 14
    Jake Bernards 1 4 0 4
    Walter Kazee 11 -5 0 8

Receiving Catches Yards TD Long
    Dominique Sandifer 3 137 1 80
    Ezell Ruffin 8 98 1 37
    Dylan Denso 7 90 0 20
    Ronnie Hillman 4 65 0 24
    Gavin Escobar 1 22 1 22
    Cory Jacques 1 14 0 14
    Walter Kazee 1 9 0 9

18. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

Ole Piss 56
    ULL 42

Is the CPU on God-mode? All I know, especially reading grat23s review, is that the cpu is f****** chessers. Yes Im mad. I swear everytime I caused a turnover, forced a punt or had a opportunity to tie the game the CPU chessed to stay ahead. I threw a interception in the first quarter using a new quarterback. However on the interception the DT reads the play and does this super 360 while falling to get an Int. Ok, the cpu can have that...but whats unacceptable are the CPU caused turnovers on plays where I beat a blitz or the plays directly after I caused a fumble and Im holding R1. I almost broke the controller holding down R1 so hard. For example, in the third quarter I gained momentum after a TD, im only down one score. I caused a fumble using the hit stick. On the very next play, I hold R1 before a lineman gets to my running back, he does the strip animation boom the ball pops out. On another play I beat their blitz and throw the ball to a TE., My guys is open....then a defender strips him without even trying.....

We also need to have a slider discussion about the CPU's Run Blocking ability. Our defense already cant tackle. We need to gang tackle to bring down their running backs but if the CPU can pancake every D-lineman all the CPU needs to do is break one tackle and its a TD everytime. I mean 80 run blocking dear god. Look at my highlight of their TD run or florida runs against C_Breezy...I dont see how thats sim...lol. Granted it happens to 1star schools but not this bad, they make the CPU better than Barry Sanders in this mofo...lol

On my play. I know its a run they know I know its a run. On the run play, they had 5 o-lineman and TE on the line to the left and a FB and running back. So I have 4 D-linemann, 3 linebackers and I bring up a saftey to put 8 men in the box....I have a CB help the SS and my other CB, who are playing man-to-man, against their receivers or help the run (sorta like Polamalu for the Steelers). Without the OLE Miss's QB and WR's directly involved in the run play. Its 8 versus 8 or 9 depending on how my corner reacts to the play. At the point of attack, on 3rd and 3...every one of my D-lineman, Linebackers, and FS gets pancaked. My CB somehow gets confused in the backfield without the cpu doing a jukemove and my SS and CB get blocked. With 9 men virually in the box their RB didnt get touched.

THE PLAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  19. alemic

alemic Walk On

I havent played mine yet but I will here in a minute.. I think the issue is these sliders are made for better teams. I can't do anything about them right now, as any changes will be made next week. Also don't forget we are weaker teams, not suppose to be in these games but I do understand your annoyance. I'l play my game, get a feel on whats going on because nothing has been changed. Bowl season, and now week 1 were horrendous to some of our best players in the dynasty, I find it hard to believe that it has anything to do with us playing poorly. If my game goes over bad, I will throw out all the results, and we will give this one more go around if that is what everybody wants.

20. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

No im not saying we need to hurry and change everything....we just need to discuss the ways in which the games are more realistic. Its like you dont even have a shot because of the way the sliders are currently. Im not saying ULL should beat Ole miss but wait didnt jacksonville state a I-AA team beat them...lol With our sliders now, there is no way we will ever upset a team rated 4stars or above. I can live with everything but run blocking. I mean how does the o-line pancake everybody....lol

21. axspecialk

axspecialk Walk On

i suppose my win would serve to discredit that lol however i posted videos of the same shit.. 2 runs where the cpu pancakes every single player on my team and takes it tot he house..thier back had 19 carries for 267 yards like come on man.. the only reason i won is because i got some pressure on bolden and he would make errant throws and i could force like 2 or 3 punts in the whole game.. but other than that i got destroyed.. and ya i kno we are bad and we should get stopmed but 2 whole team pancakes come one.. o and breezy i kno exactly how u feel i had 2 fum and a magical int every time i got close the cpu took the ball from me is only luck that escaped with a 1 point victory.. but i def think the sliders need some looking into..cpu is in GOD mode atm

22. axspecialk

axspecialk Walk On

good call on the game alemic 1 point game very close bolden couldnt get it done in the end..

23. alemic

alemic Walk On

Ax I threw out your results again, dynasty wire said you played twice and I told everybody no restarts.

And @bigtubb_ I put down the run blocking and RB ability a bit we will see how it works.

Indiana took down Michigan State 24-21 this week mainly because of strong defense on their side of the 50 and a strong running game by Turner. I decided as soon as we took a 7-0 lead, even when we were losing, the only way we stood a chance was to run the clock the entire game. We will see how the change in sliders work because right now that is my biggest concern. It's a bit different with me playing as Indiana than you guys playing as FIU, ULL, or even MTSU