Season 3 Week 1

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by fuzzyl0gic, Dec 8, 2011.

1. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

Advance Deadline: Friday 11:59 PM EST

Welcome to a brand new season in the OC. I have applied the new sliders, post in the slider discussion thread if you have suggestions on tweaks. Good luck to everyone this year, it should be a fun one.

gwill
    Kasper
    Oshiomogho
    pnc
    UofCWildcat
    The Natural
    hornfaninbama
    -Cougars-
    Philstyle3005
    JQwon13
    CoachRedd

Welcome to Week 1!
    Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== Clemson Tigers (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Tigers are idle.

=============== Wake Forest Demon Deacons (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Demon Deacons travel to Iowa City to face the #10 Iowa Hawkeyes (0-0).

=============== #6 North Carolina Tar Heels (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Tar Heels travel to Fresno to face the Fresno State Bulldogs (0-0).

=============== #24 Virginia Cavaliers (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Cavaliers travel to Fayetteville to face the #8 Arkansas Razorbacks (0-0).

=============== Purdue Boilermakers (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Boilermakers will host #17 Florida State (0-0).

=============== #11 Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Yellow Jackets travel to Baton Rouge to face the LSU Tigers (0-0).

=============== Illinois Fighting Illini (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Fighting Illini are idle.

=============== #2 Wisconsin Badgers (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Badgers will host #1 Florida (0-0).

=============== #5 Michigan Wolverines (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Wolverines will host #13 Texas (0-0).

=============== #10 Iowa Hawkeyes (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Hawkeyes will host Wake Forest (0-0).

=============== NC State Wolfpack (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Wolfpack travel to Mt. Pleasant to face the Central Michigan Chippewas (0-0).

=============== #14 Nebraska Cornhuskers (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Cornhuskers will host Cal (0-0).

2. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

3. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

give it a fuckin while before you bitch about the sliders too.. please.

and why does the division champ have to travel to shithole iowa?

4. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

i wish you all could experience Florida. I really do.

Such an epic battle of #1 vs #2. My defense stepped up when they needed to while theirs stepped up early. After Gandy threw 2 picks in the 1st, I almost benched him. But he kept focus and get better in time. Ending the day with over 200 yards and nearly 50% completion rate. Gordon was the only back on the ground (other then Doe's 3 carries) to get anything going. on 20 attempts he nearly surpassed 100 yards and scored a big touchdown. Lewis had 10 carries for just 18 yards and Rogers had 5 for 7. It will be an interesting rotation throughout the year.
    Pederson continues to be a QBs best friend with 5 receptions for 75 yards but it was Whitlock who recorded his 7th career score. 6 players caught passes while WIlliams had the only drop.
    On defense, UF was moving the ball fairly well but were still only held to 17 points. Dippel had the teams only sack but Southward, Graham and Davis each had interceptions in big situations.
    Lane was 4/4 kicking. I went with a reserved playcalling scheme after the first 2 ints and didnt force much once i got into FG range and it payed off.

For Flordia, Driskle was just 14/25 for 221 yards, 2 TD and the 3 INT. The duo of Mack Brown and Dan Smith only managed 63 yards on 21 carries on the ground while not recording any broken tackles. Gandy was under pressure but not sacked once. SS Josh Shaw came away with both INTs.

It was a defensive battle and the turnovers cost UF a victory.

#2 Wisconsin: 25
    #1 Florida: 17

i did live stream this game for my friends. interesting experience

5. The Natural

The Natural Public Enemy #1

Yellow Jackets nab first win

GT 59
    LSU 24

GT newcomer A Glaser passes for 483 yards and 5 TDs on on LSU secondary seemingly drugged before the game. Coach Natural had this to say after the game. B Snoddy rushed for 144 yards on 18 carries as the Georgia Tech running game picked up where it left off last year.

"I'm not sure what was going on with their defense but I have heard that Purple Sizzurp is very popular in Louisiana."

For the first time in his tenure the Yellow Jackets did not force a turnover in the game but were able to aggressively bat the football down to the ground on many occasions. Some players even shook their fingers in "Mutombo" like motions after an athletic swat.

Georgia Tech is now 1-0 and ranked #11 in the country.

6. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

NC ST Dominates the Chippewas

NCST: 59
    CMU: 3

This game was of pure dominance. After the first quarter Mustafa Greene had over 100 yard but got hurt early in the second. Finished the day off with two 100+ yard rushers, 341 yard passer, and two 100+ yard receivers. The offense is not the only bright spot. The defense held CMU to 2 first downs the entire first half (6 for the entire game). NC ST also dominated in T.O.P. with a whopping 20:48 compared to the 12:27 CMU had. Overall a great day. And i beat a computer.

Okay. Time for bed.

7. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

fuck my teams B+ now.. I liked it when I was C+ and had excuses for losing.

facking progression

8. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Just for shits and gigs, every user teams starting ranking:

#2 Wisconsin

#5 Michigan

#6 North Carolina

#10 Iowa

#11 Georgia Tech (lol)

#14 Nebraska

#24 Virginia

#26 Clemson

#31 Wake Forest

#42 Illinois

#47 Purdue

#55 NC State

9. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Preseason Heisman watch:

Andre Williams, HB - BC
    Bret Davis, HB - Nebraska
    Jeff Driskel, QB - Florida
    Harvey Langi, HB - Utah
    Josh Harris, HB - Wake

10. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

Alright! Still ahead of the FNG!

11. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On

fuzzyl0gic who has the untouchable recruit this year? I forgot about this, but I think it's best that whoever has it, goes ahead and picks them in Week 1 so no user team wastes time trying to recruit the guy.

12. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

Cavaliers start of great blowing out Arkansas 35-3
    You can say this was a game to see who would get the starting running back job for the Cavaliers. Now that Perry Jones had left after his senior year we needed someone else who was up for the RB gig. The Cavaliers starting running back will be Clifton Richardson as he ran for 151 yards on just 8 attempts. Most of his yards came from a 84 yard scamper early in the 4th Quarter. Clifton is tall but sitting at 6'1" and only weighs 199 pounds but can hit the holes super quick with lightning acceleration. The Cavalier defense played fantastic containing Arkansas's QB as we shutdown the receivers he would always try to run but the Junior LB Coley wasn't having that. The Cavaliers held the razorbacks to only 147 yards of offense and take on Michigan next week.​

13. fuzzyl0gic

I will calculate that up soon. I had most of it done yesterday, and accidentally closed my tab. Expect to see the winner in the next day or two.

14. The Natural

The Natural Public Enemy #1

Who's left? I want to advance tonight! The first few weeks of recruiting are the most exciting.

15. hornfaninbama

hornfaninbama GT: BulgyTexas

Nebraska beats Cal 43-10. The defense forced 4 int. Martinez thres for 2 TD and an 2 int. Most of the big ticket fish had some big plays. Peterson had a pick and a sack. Kevin Arnold picked one off and had some nice tackles. And jerrell McDonald caught a TD pass. Cal kicked a FG in the 3rd and added a TD in garbage time. Sloppy game, Cal was jumping every snap so I fake snapped it and got several 3rd downs moved closer to the sticks. Bret Davis went down on the 1st drive with back spasms. Gore came in and had 97 yards rushing.

16. hornfaninbama

hornfaninbama GT: BulgyTexas

Coachredd, phil, and qwon are left. But phil is on now.

17. CoachRedd

CoachRedd I come through in something real foolish

CoachRedd vs Kasper isnt happening until tomorrow night. Kasper cant play tonight.

18. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On

Michigan 45
    Texas 23

This was all Michigan and Devin Gardner looked very comfortable taking over the starting position this season. He finished going 14-27 for 330 yards and 5 touchdowns. Highly touted freshman got in the game and played decent, but nothing special overall. It will take him a while to get with the offense. The Michigan defense looked great, holding the texas offense to 6 first half points before allowing the subs to get in the game. Unfortuantley, it looked like the Michigan secondary picked up where they left off last season and dropped several easy interceptions. Michigan will take on Virginia next week in the ACC vs B1G showdown.

19. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

Purdue loses 38-29 to #17 Florida State

5 interceptions, 2 of them returned for TDs
    Florida State also converted a fake punt that i ran punt return man on. Their punter threw it right to my defender, he deflected into the hands of their WR for a 1st down.

Then late in the game, I was down a TD, FSU had a 3rd and 16. And threw up a hail mary, somehow the WR went up over my CB and safety and scored. I saved the videos but i don't remember how to upload.

20. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

so Most users >>> CPU > JQwon

Duly noted

• Like Like x 1
  21. fuzzyl0gic

I'm advancing tomorrow after the Wake/Iowa game gets played.

22. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

should be early in the evening.. sorry I couldn't play last night all

23. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

Most users >>> CPU >>> JQwon >>> Oshiomogho

39-38 FIFY

24. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Most users > CPU > Qwon > Oshio > Wildcat > an infant

25. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

Now I'm gonna win the B1G just out of spite...