Season 3: Week 11

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Emmdotfrisk, Jan 10, 2010.

1. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

Season 3: Week 11

TOLEDO WINS 7th STRAIGHT, BEATING #19 CENTRAL MICHIGAN 35-10

[​IMG]
    Senior Linebacker Barry Church eclipses the 100 tackle mark with 11 tackles with 4 Tackles for a loss against CMU.

TEAM 1st 2nd 3rd 4th TOT
    TOL 14 7 0 14 35
    CMU 0 7 3 0 10

Column 1 Column 2
    FIRST QUARTER
    1:50 TD TOL: Stafford 6 yrd pass from Opelt (Steigerwald kick)
    1:02 TD TOL: Best, returned interception 57 yards (Steigerwald kick)
    SECOND QUARTER
    2:30 TD TOL: Page, 11 yrd pass from Opelt (Steigerwald kick)
    :02 TD CMU: Cotton, 1 yrd run (Aguilar Kick)
    THIRD QUARTER
    3:12 FG CMU: Aguilar 29 yrd FG
    FOURTH QUARTER
    5:25 TD TOL: Noble, 13 yrd pass from Opelt (Steigerwald kick)
    4:27 TD TOL: Collins, 4yrd run (Steigerwald Kick)

STAT TOL CMU
    OFF 299 349
    RUSH 60 107
    PASS 239 242
    TO 1 4
    TOP 10:45 17:39

The Toledo Rockets (9-1,6-0) played very well against a tough opponent, the #19 Central Michigan Chippewas. The Chippewas plagued by injury, fell behind by 14 in the first and struggled to catch up. Toledo played conservative as they could with only one formation under center in their playbook. The Rockets held on to get the win as star QB Dan LeFevour left the game with a minor injury.

The Rockets offense was led by Senior Quarterback Aaron Opelt who threw for 239 yards on 15 completions with 23 attempts and 3 TDs. His main target was Kenny Stafford who caught 5 passes for 65 yards with 1 TD. WR Eric Page caught 4 passes for 91 yards with 1 TD. Star WR Stephen Williams was shut down with only 2 catches for 17 yards. Runningback Dujuane Collins rushed for 50 yards on 15 carries with 1 TD.

Toledo's defense was led by the NCAA leading tackler Barry Church who had 11 tackles with 4 TFL. That puts him at 108 tackles on the season. With possibly 4 games left in the season he will need to average 17 tackles a game to break the NCAA all time record. SS Lamar Richmond had 11 tackles and DE Dan Quinn had 10 tackles. DE Westbrook added Toledo's only sack. Freshmen CB Byron Best had 1 interception with a 57 yard TD for the secondary.

The Toledo Rockets (9-1, 6-0) will now go back home and bring the 1-8 Eastern Michigan Eagles for the second to last conference game. Toledo will need to win out in order to play in the MAC title game.

2. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

WKU 14 ULM 12

WKU played well with a very conservative playcalling scheme on offense and a bend but don't break scheme on defense.

WKU took a 7-3 lead on a Smith to Doyle PA pass TD set up by the running of Hayden and Smith. The never looked back from there. ULM scored to make it 14-12 with like 30 seconds left and failed the 2pt conversion.

WKU has a bye next week, then a tough game at #16 FAU.

3. thievaryx

thievaryx Walk On

You played a good game Frisk. I got in a hole early and had to play more aggressively than I would have liked with my backup QB. Good luck with the MAC championship, Cimmy has his team clicking as well!

4. Jam.

Jam. FIU; Sun Belt Champions!

Army defeats Akron easily, to improve to 7-3 on the season. (Really should be 8-2, but the dynasty file hates me :( )

Not much to post about the game, and I don't wanna brag about how I beat the crap out of a shitty team, so I'll just leave it at that :)

5. Super3Way

Super3Way Guest

KSU 55 NM 0

Kansas state remains undefeated after dismantling New Mexico. KSU dropped 38 in the first half and the 2nd stringers played the whole second half and ran almost every play.

6. BG

BG On The Rize!

Idaho vs #7 Stanford

Stanford struggles in the first half against the Idaho Vandals. Idaho would jump out to a 14-7 lead late in the second qtr. With :34 sec. remaining before intermission, Stanford’s J Stewart returns the kickoff 88 yds for the score to tie the game at 14-14.

Idaho once again came out and took their opening possession down the field and scored to give them a 21-14 lead. This is when the coach erupted on the sidelines. He threw his headset and clipboard to ground in disgust. The message was obviously received, especially by the defense because they held Idaho scoreless for the rest of the game, while the offense scored 35 unanswered points to put the game out of reach.

The win improves Stanford’s season record to 9-0(5-0) on the season. Next week, The Cardinals travel to Utah to take on the Utah State Aggies.

Final Score:

Stanford: 49

Idaho: 21

Key Game Notables:

Toby Gerhart- 24 car. 116 yds 3 td's

Stepfan Taylor- 23 car. 138 yds 2 td's

Erik Lorig 8 tackles (3 TFL), sack

7. gprepp93

gprepp93 Walk On

UNLV @ Air Force

Another shoot out in the first half. Rebels led 24-20 going into the half. Defensive adjustments made by both teams and after regulation, it was tied up 27-27. UNLV had a chance to win it with a fieldgoal in regulation, however, the coach screwed up time management(forgot that eat the clock was on) and they never got the chance to kick the fieldgoal. In OT, for some reason AF decided to go on offense first, despite winning the coin toss. Rebels D held AF to a fieldgoal and in just 3 plays, the Rebels O score a TD to win the game 33-30.