Season 3 - Week 12 Game Summaries

Discussion in 'Zeros to Heroes' started by Sabo, Oct 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

Virginia @ Virginia Tech
    USF @ Cinncinati
    UCF @ SMU
    Tulane @ Tulsa
    Toledo @ NIU
    Wyoming @ Air Force
    New Mexico @ TCU
    Arizona State @ UCLA
    This week should go by rather quick because there are alot of bye's.
    Good Luck Everyone

2. the_rhinoceros

the_rhinoceros Walk On

NIU 38
    Toledo 37

Huskies win in OT

Despite turning the ball over four times, NIU wins in overtime thanks to a Toledo missed PAT. The extra point would have sent the game into a second overtime, but with the miss the Huskies escape with a win in another error prone offensive effort.

DaRon Brown had another typical game -- two rushing touchdowns, a passing touchdown and three interceptions. Coach Jerry Bumpers was asked if Brown's starting job was in jeopardy. "DaRon is not what you call a prototypical Quarterback. He's short, fast and can't throw. But he's the best we got right now."

Asked if he considered burning the red shirt status of three star QB recruit Freshman Micah Huff for the MAC Championship run, Bumpers said, "That's a stupid question, Karl. I know there's lots of talk about the ole Rhinoceros heading off for greener pastures after this year. And maybe I'd sacrifice the Huskie future to win now. Let me say this as plainly as is possible. Jerry Bumpers ain't going nowhere. Jerry Bumpers loves it in DeKalb. Jerry Bumpers enjoys eating at the Cracker Barrel and looking at farm animals. Jerry Bumpers guarantees that Jerry Bumpers will be the coach of the Huskies next year, or my name's not Jerry Bumpers."

HB Mike McKinney had another good outing with 16 carries for 101 yards and a TD.

NIU can clinch a second straight appearance in the MAC Championship game with a win at Temple next week.

3. csboiler05

csboiler05 Walk On

UCLA Racks Up Another Pac 10 Win, Beating ASU 41-20

Starting QB Kevin Prince, had a rough outing completing 15 out of 30 passes for 237 yards, 2 TDs, but threw 3 interceptions in the game. UCLA tried to get it's running game going again, against the Sun Devils, Jonathan Franklin rushed for 62 yards on 17 carries, and 1 TD, while backup Jordon James, rushed for 86 yards on 9 carries. After having a great game against Stanford, Jerry Johnson, only caught 2 passes for 38 yards, while tightend, Morrell Presley, had a solid day receiving catching 6 passes for 80 yards and a TD.

The defense forced three turnovers which proved to be very costly, Roshaun Wade had an interception, along with Dietrich Riley, who returned his INT for 40 yards, and a TD. Linebacker Isiah Bowens, and DT Devin Stallings, both were credited with forced fumbles.

It was an all around game played by an improving Bruins squad, who seem to be getting better, as each week goes by.

4. TeXasfight33

TeXasfight33 Walk On

UCF great defensive gameplan is not enough SMU wins 38-21
    SMU's passing game and turnovers are the things that let us win this game. UFC played excellent against the option all day we had no room to go anywhere. UCF got close late but two late scores by SMU put the game out of reach. This was by far Kaisers worst game of the year, he only had 10 yards rushing on 9att and he had 2 ints where he just missed wide open receivers. SMU is know 9-2 with a stronge UTEP game next week and after that the are going to be playing ECU in the c USA championship game. SMU is ranked 27 in the nation and by the time the polls come out nextweek they will likely be ranked in the top 25.

5. Zikry

Zikry Walk On

how do you find out where your team ranks if they arent in the top 25? lol

6. TeXasfight33

TeXasfight33 Walk On

well i just figured i was 27 because i went to top 25 and i was second on the list of others receiver votes.

7. Zikry

Zikry Walk On

oh aight, lol. Well it looks like its me and you in the C-USA Championship game...should be a good one!

8. TeXasfight33

TeXasfight33 Walk On

yeah it looks like its going to set up real nice. cant wait.

9. maij17

maij17 PSN: MAIJ17

Lobos 38 TCU Horned Frogs 30

The Lobos celebrate their first Mountain West Conference title after a 38-30 victory over TCU. The win captures the MWC title as New Mexico holds the tie breaker over Utah with one game to go. It was a high powered passing attack by the Lobos, and opportunistic defense that would see the lobos build a 31-15 first quarter lead. TCU would not give up storming back in the second half and just not have enough time left on the clock. The Lobos will face BYU next week hoping to avenge last season's beat down at the hands of the Cougars.

Lobo Game Stats
    T. Austin 21-30 318yds 3tds 2ints
    D. Dennis 15car 33yds 3tds
    T. Kirk 7rec 134yds 1td

10. bdub

bdub Walk On

31 points in the 1st quarter...thats crazy

11. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

New Mexico is sneaking up in the bcs picture

12. bdub

bdub Walk On

Air Force 31 Wyoming 21

The Falcons win again getting their 2nd in a row and getting back to .500 on the year. At 5-5 they only need one more win to get bowl eligible.​
    The game started off with a bang as Cowboys WR TJ Smith went 72 yards for the first TD of the game. The Falcons could only answer with a 25 yard field goal.​
    In the 2nd quarter the Falcons took control as they scored 2 touchdowns and took a 17-7 lead into halftime.​
    The 3rd quarter saw Wyoming hit another long play as TE David Tooley took one to the house going 58 yards for the touchdown. Not to be outdone the Falcons answered on a 23 yard pass to Zach Kauth making it 24-14 at the end of the 3rd quarter.​
    The Falcons started the 4th strong as TE Jamal Bailey took a pass 23 yards for the TD. However, the Cowboys were not ready to throw in the towel yet as they continued to battle hard and adding another TD with 1:23 left in the game. But they ran out of time and were not able to score again giving the Falcons the win.​
    Next up the Falcons face a very good TCU team in their last game of the season.​

13. OnIowa

OnIowa Zeroes to Heroes

Cavaliers Overcome 4th Quarter Deficit, Knock Off Rival Virginia Tech

#4 Virginia 31 @ Virginia Tech 21

Snow Doesn't Stop the Cavaliers From Remaining Undefeated

The Virginia Cavaliers were tested for the second time in as many weeks. Trailing by 4 heading into the 4th quarter the team stepped up and eventually knocked out rival Virginia Tech. "I can' tell you how proud I am to bring the Commonwealth Cup back to Charlottesville," said Coach E "I know how much it means to these guys and this school and I couldn't be more pleased."

The game was back and forth with the Hokies going up by 4 leading into the 4th quarter. But a TD strike from Metheny to Mack and a 1 yard rushing TD by Dominique Wallace sealed the game.

Heisman hopeful Torrey Mack solidified his case against the Hokies carrying the ball 30 times for 150 yards and 2 scores. Mack added 2 catches for 19 yards and another TD.

Since taking over for Michael Strauss, quarterback Ross Metheny has lead the Cavaliers towards a more balanced attack. Metheney completed 13 of 24 passes for 191 yards, 1 TD and 1 INT.

The Cavaliers will take on Boston College in the ACC Title Game. Should they win, it would look as if they would jump into the BCS Championship game for the first time in school history and for the first time in Coach E's short career.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.