Season 3 Week 12

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Kasper, Dec 22, 2011.

1. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Welcome to Week 12!
    Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

I'm not tagging everyone, but here is the weekly thingy ma bob fuzzyl0gic

=============== #5 North Carolina Tar Heels (8-1) ===============
    Last week, North Carolina won 31-7 against NC State (7-2).
    This week, the Tar Heels travel to College Park to face the Maryland Terrapins (4-5).
    In recruiting news, the following North Carolina targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) SS John Hooper has committed to Florida
    - (*****) WR Cole Manning has committed to North Carolina

=============== Virginia Cavaliers (6-4) ===============
    Last week, Virginia won 44-23 against Maryland (4-5).
    This week, the Cavaliers will host Duke (1-8).

=============== #22 Purdue Boilermakers (6-3) ===============
    Last week, Purdue won 10-7 against Wisconsin (6-3).
    This week, the Boilermakers travel to East Lansing to face the Michigan State Spartans (4-5).
    In recruiting news, the following Purdue targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) SS Ralph Wright has committed to Purdue

=============== #2 Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets (9-0) ===============
    Last week, Georgia Tech won 55-24 against Miami (2-8).
    This week, the Yellow Jackets will host Virginia Tech (4-5).
    In recruiting news, the following Georgia Tech targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) LG Kyle Norman has committed to Georgia Tech
    - (*****) WR Mark Mack has committed to Nebraska

=============== #1 Michigan Wolverines (10-0) ===============
    Last week, Michigan won 41-23 against Iowa (4-5).
    This week, the Wolverines will host Minnesota (3-5).
    In recruiting news, the following Michigan targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) DT John Stephens has committed to Michigan

=============== Iowa Hawkeyes (4-5) ===============
    Last week, Iowa lost 41-23 against Michigan (10-0).
    This week, the Hawkeyes will host Illinois (3-6).
    In recruiting news, the following Iowa targets have announced their decisions:
    - (**) ROLB Antonio Burks has committed to Iowa
    - (***) RE James Ortiz has committed to Iowa

=============== #11 Nebraska Cornhuskers (6-3) ===============
    Last week, Nebraska won 31-10 against Illinois (3-6).
    This week, the Cornhuskers travel to University Park to face the Penn State Nittany Lions (3-5).
    In recruiting news, the following Nebraska targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) TE Curtis Fisher has committed to Georgia
    - (*****) WR Mark Mack has committed to Nebraska

=============== #19 NC State Wolfpack (7-2) ===============
    Last week, NC State lost 31-7 against North Carolina (8-1).
    This week, the Wolfpack travel to Winston-Salem to face the #3 Wake Forest Demon Deacons (9-0).

=============== #3 Wake Forest Demon Deacons (9-0) ===============
    Last week, Wake Forest won 17-12 against Clemson (3-6).
    This week, the Demon Deacons will host #19 NC State (7-2).
    In recruiting news, the following Wake Forest targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) RT Reggie Boyd has committed to Boston College

=============== #12 Wisconsin Badgers (6-3) ===============
    Last week, Wisconsin lost 10-7 against Purdue (6-3).
    This week, the Badgers will host Indiana (3-6).
    In recruiting news, the following Wisconsin targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) K Carlos Harrison has committed to Wisconsin
    - (****) CB Adam Evans has committed to Wisconsin
    - (*****) WR Will Marquardt has committed to Wisconsin

=============== Penn State Nittany Lions (3-5) ===============
    Last week the Nittany Lions were idle.
    This week, the Nittany Lions will host #11 Nebraska (6-3).
    In recruiting news, the following Penn State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) CB Tyler Martin has committed to Illinois

2. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

3. hornfaninbama

hornfaninbama GT: BulgyTexas

BPHusker. I'll be able to go tonight only. I'll be up til 1130 or 12. Maybe a little later. I am gone from tomorrow til Monday night.

4. BPHusker

BPHusker Walk On

hornfaninbama Same, I will be out tomorrow all day.

I will jump on.

5. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Nc State and Wake taking the field now..

6. hornfaninbama

hornfaninbama GT: BulgyTexas

Last edited: Dec 22, 2011
  7. BPHusker

BPHusker Walk On

Same to you.

8. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

Wisconsin runs over Indiana 54-21

And run they did, 6 players averaged over 4 YPC and 3 HBs were over 5 YPC including a breakout game for Melvin Gordon going off for 263 yards on just 19 carries. True Freshman Charles Rogers went for 87 on 10 touches with 2 TDs, Kenzel Doe got in the endzone as well (after a kick return TD was called back from a hold). The team rushed for 470 yards on the game and diminated the line of scrimmage all game. Gandy was very ineffective as a passer but did manage a TD.
    Defense wasnt stout but did their job. 2 sacks, 4 INTs, a FR and a TD. They still allowed too many big plays and Indiana totaled over 400 yards of offense.

9. BPHusker

BPHusker Walk On

Penn State Shocker! Down #11 Huskers Behind Strong Defensive Performance

After last week's embarrassment, the 3-5 Nitany Lions weren't given a chance and were underdogs against the #11 Huskers. No one told told the PSU defense as they held the high powered Huskers to 132 total yards, caused 2 fumbles and held Nebraska QB Brion Carnes to 2-12 passing for 67yds and 2 INTs. There wasn't one specific unit on the defense that stood out above the others as all they played with a chemistry that was not seen earlier in the season.

The Penn State offense, behind QB Bolden started out shaky, quickly throwing 2 INTs early in the game. The coaching staff adjusted and allowed for shorter, easier passes for the troubled QB. The adjustments seemed to help as he finished 7-12 with 1 TD and 2INTs and threw 1st downs on multiple key 3rd down plays throughout the game. Freshman RB Ryan Moore extended his 100 yd streak once again, running for 111yds and 1TD, which came on a counter where he scampered 45yds untouched for the TD.

Hopefully this is the turning point for the Nitany Lions and they can salvage their season and get to a bowl game.

10. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

Just waiting on JQwon13 and CoachRedd to play their CPU games and we can get one more advance in before Christmas.

11. fuzzyl0gic

Nice win!

12. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

I'll do rankings again after bowls I think.. your welcome for the motivation ;)

13. The Natural

The Natural Public Enemy #1

UFCWildcat: "Yo son I'm going to win the ACC! I got all deez trophies and winz! Check my sig!!!1

The OC: *Stares* SLAAAAAAAAAP!

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  14. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

#3 Wake Forest 34
    vs
    #19 NC State 0

North Carolina State was on the rise this season, and came into this game with a chip on their shoulder. Wake Forest proceeded to ruthlessly bitch slap the Wolfpack and remind them of their place in the division. The rivalry game was heated from the get go with chippy plays throughout the first half, Wake scored a field goal on their first drive, but wouldn't score again til their first drive in the third after Kevin Sousa was handed the reigns yet again. Coaches expressed their disgust in themselves for giving senior Tanner Price ANOTHER shot at leading the offense, and praised Sousa for his patient play and good decision making. Wake would score 31 points in the second half to beat down their in state rival.

Sousa went a modest 8 for 10 for 85 yards and 2 scores, all while throwing 0 interceptions. The story of the day was Josh Harris racking up 146 yards behind a determined offensive line, also adding a TD in the process. Kevin Sousa also had some nice runs thanks to phenomenal protection by the big boys up front. Michael Campanaro had 5 catches for 58 yards to lead the receivers. Mark Bradley had catches for 21 yards and a score, but could have had way bigger numbers if not for a holding call on freshman Terrance Campbell in which Bradley broke nearly 80 tackles it seemed. Linebacker Justin Jackson also caught a TD thanks to a revamped goalline gameplan.

More so than the offensive explosion in the second half, this win again belongs to the defense who held NC State to an embrassing 78 yards of offense. NC State had 62 on the ground, and an atrocious 16 yards passing. Wake Forest defensive backs knew they had an advantage in this one, and Coach Kasper just let his boys play man to man most of the game and just dominate the man across from them, and they did.

"Coach told us all week they shouldn't catch more then 10 balls against us.... I don't know if they even caught that many," said senior CB AJ Marshall.

"We definitely had a little hop in our step today," said the future 1st rounder.

Coach Kasper didn't even conduct a post game press conference; he simply walked into the press room, gave a thumbs up, and walked out.

Wake now controls their road to the ACC CCG, and likely a third straight match up with Georgia Tech.

GG UofCWildcat

Last edited: Dec 23, 2011
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  16. fuzzyl0gic

GO FY

17. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Totally forgot you guys still play.

I haven't beat either of you soo

[​IMG]

#gifparty

18. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Yeah. I'm gonna cry at how ineffective my offense has been the past two games. Can everyone give me a good slap in the face because i need a damn reality check. GG though Kasper.

19. fuzzyl0gic

Only two completed passes, that HAD to be frustrating.

20. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

My better QB who can actually move was hurt the week before our game. And the running game was a non factor from the start. My offense just sucks. Need to get my players into here.

21. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Dude, you had open lanes to take off all game. I don't know if you didn't realize or just had to much pride to scramble -- but dam

22. The Natural

The Natural Public Enemy #1

Don't forget to update your sig! (y)

23. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

"FUCK our defense sucks." As Duke said to the reporters after the 52-49 win over fucking Duke? Are you kidding me? The receivers looked like superstars against our secondary, right plays called and the players don't even attack the ball they just sit in their zone as they wave to the receivers and allow them to catch passes. "Get your thumb out of your ass Mack." As you heard Duke chew out a player before the half. The Cavalier offense was on fire rushing for 300+ yards and then throwing for 200+. The Cavaliers had 607 total yards but was outgained by Duke's 627. "Fucking ridiculous." Duke kept complaining. "This is fucking Duke, one of the worst teams IN the damn ACC, and our defense couldn't stop them worth a damn. No more comments."

24. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

Why do none of you dumb shits ever post the final score?

25. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Eh he's slow and injury prone. He may suck, but my 3rd string is worse. And I feel that scrambling too much is sorta cheese imo so i'd rather sit in the pocket and find a guy.