Season 3 - Week 13 Game Summaries

Discussion in 'Zeros to Heroes' started by Sabo, Nov 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

Schedule will be posted later.

2. bdub

bdub Walk On

Week 13

Air Force@ Tcu
    UAB@ ECU
    Texas Tech@ Oklahoma State
    Temple@ NIU
    Ole Miss@ Mississippi State
    UTEP@ SMU
    New Mexico@ BYU
    USF@ UConn

3. Zikry

Zikry Walk On

ECU 38 UAB 10
    [​IMG]
    ECU close out regular season on 8 game win streak as they finish season 10-2.​
    In a game which many believe will be Coach Zikry's final regular season game with East Carolina, the team made sure that he would go out on a winning note, beating up on UAB 38-10. The game was never close as the Pirates outscored UAB 31-3 in the 1st half as two touchdown passes from Brad Wornick to Torian Richardson in the 1st quarter were followed by a 18 yard field goal, a 101 yard interception return by Jack Shultz, and a 8 yard run by 2nd string half back Michael Dobson before UAB were finally able to get on the board with a 23 yard field goal at the end of the half.​
    The 2nd half was pretty much ECU trying to burn some clock with a heavy dose of running the football, but UAB were able to finally score a touchdown in the 3rd thanks to a David Isabelle 9 yard run on a keeper option play, but Brad Wornick responded with a little 1 yard scamper of his own for the final score of 38-10.​
    ECU Pirates Player Stats:
    QB Brad Wornick: 14-22, 169 yards, 2 TDs​
    HB Matt Brown: 27 carries, 162 yards​
    WR Reese Wiggins: 4 catches, 64 yards​
    ROLB Lamar McLendon: 7 tackles, 1 ff​
    MLB Justin Jones: 5 tackles, 1 sack, 1 ff.​

4. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

Great season for the Pirates. Congrats Zikry
    Thanks bdub for posting the schedule

5. bdub

bdub Walk On

Air Force 27 TCU 30
    In what is believed to be Coach Dubs last game at Air Force the Falcons lost a close one on a cold and snowy day in Colorado Springs. In a game that many thought TCU would win easily the Cadets gave it all they could but were not able to get the win.
    "These kids gave it all they had every game this year and although we were not quit able to get bowl eligible, I am proud of them. Not only are these kids great players but there soldiers who will most likely be going to war. So while this season may be over here at the Academy there are a lot more important things to worry about" Coach Dub also addressed the media about rumors that he may be leaving the Academy and this is what he said. "I know you have all heard that I may be leaving next year but I am here to tell you that as of right now all the rumors you have hear are just that rumors. I will do what I feel is best for me and my family and I will let you all know once I have made a decision. Just know that to me it has been a great honor to coach these cadets."

6. the_rhinoceros

the_rhinoceros Walk On

NIU 24
    Temple 10

Huskies are headed to the MAC Championship

NIU beat Temple with a strong running game and stout defense. Mike McKinney carried the ball 27 times for 162 yards and two TDs.

The MAC Championship will be a rematch between these two teams.

This is the second consecutive year NIU has played in the MAC Championship.

Players of the game
    NIU - HB Mike McKinney 27 car, 162 yds, 2 TDs

7. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

Red Raiders close regular season with victory
    The Red Raiders welcomed the Cowboys of Oklahoma State on Saturday. This game would prove to be a great game for the Raiders as they would dominate every aspect of the game in a convincing 42-21 victory. Coach Sabo pulled all starters at the half and let the 2nd string take over. This victory places the Red Raiders at 8-4 for the regular season and primed for a possible cotton bowl appearance. Coach Sabo has pleased the admin at Texas Tech in his first year and administration is already anticipating resigning the coach next yeare when his contract expires.

8. TeXasfight33

TeXasfight33 Walk On

SMU improves to 10-2 on the year with a big win against UTEP
    A game that seemed to be back and forth all game long ended in favor of the Mustangs. Utep played a great boffenseive game plan and had a great defensive scheme for the option attack, but in the end it caused them to fall just short. SMU was being heavy pressure most of the game and that seemed to be rattling UTEP Qb Mark Siegal. Today UTEP kept SMUs offense in check but a few good drives and some big plays were the difference hear today. Utep played balls out today knowing that if they lost they wouldnt be heading to a bowl game this year, this is a good young team with a great coach and i know they will be a succsesful teams.

17-10

9. nrg_qbz-_-

nrg_qbz-_- Walk On

Um did I miss something? How come my game against Ole Miss got simmed already? It gave me a 0-17 loss...which is pretty sh1tty considering that game was part of my contract. I could have swear that I've been checking for the advance and I was on a bye recently...then all of a sudden my game gets simmed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.