Season 3 Week 13

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by hornfaninbama, Jan 9, 2014.

1. hornfaninbama

hornfaninbama GT: BulgyTexas

Ragin Cajuns Win 9th Game
    Cajuns Blow Out Navy 55-24

[​IMG]
    Lafayette, LA- The best era in ULL football history kept on rolling Saturday as the Ragin Cajuns destroyed the Navy Midshipmen at Cajun Field. The ULL offense has been dominant all season long, especially on the ground and Saturday was no different. The Ragin Cajuns rolled up 682 yards of offense including 429 yards rushing on 38 carries. Effrem Reed paced the Cajuns, and broke 2 team records on Saturday.

Ever since Coach Jenkins took over the reins of the ULL program the Cajuns have had prolific offenses, and ever since Jammal Dodd took over in the gun the Cajuns have been more explosive than ever before. Make no mistake they can still grind their way down the field 4 or 5 yards at a time, but the Cajuns scored from 45 yards or further 4 times on Saturday. The first was Montrel Carter's 73 yard scoring run with 1:02 left in the first. Carter has been overshadowed by Torrey Pierce and Effrem Reed during their time in Lafayette, but when he's been called on he has been an excellent RB for ULL.

Effrem Reed started off slowly Saturday, before exploding for a total of 140 on back to back carries. His first TD was a 45 yard scamper that put the Cajuns up 28-14 in the 3rd, and on his very next touch he broke a 95 yard run that put the Cajuns up 35-14. Reed broke 2 records Saturday, the 95 yard score was the longest offensive play in ULL history, and he topped the 1375 yard rushing mark that Alonzo Harris set last season.

Jammal Dodd started off hot, completing his first 8 passes before missing on 5 straight and throwing interceptions on back to back plays. One ended the final ULL posession of the first half, and the second ended the first posession of the second half. Dodd rebounded and finished a respectable 16/24 for 173 yards 3 TD's and the 2 picks. He carried 10 times, but was never able to shake loose for the long run the Cajun faithful were clamoring for and he finished with 13 carries for 60 yards.

2. BPHusker

BPHusker Walk On

Man, if I play you in the Championship game I am going to get worked! :( 56-17 is my prediction.

3. hornfaninbama

hornfaninbama GT: BulgyTexas

I doubt it. The last couple games you've gotten closer everytime we've played.

It does look like we are gonna get to play each other for the Sun Belt title.