Season 3-Week 14 Scores

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by uncleho, Mar 9, 2010.

1. uncleho

uncleho Walk On

Season 3-Week 14 Scores

#14 S. Carolina 42
    #16 Clemson 26

This game was close all day until the Clemson offense decided to take the 4th quarter off. S. Carolina put up 21 points in the 4th to pull ahead. Noting needs to be said about the Clemson D, as they continue to usher people into the endzone.

Good game Gwill.

2. gwill

gwill Sierra, Hotel, India, Echo, Lima, Delta

good game. my O-Line earned 3 steak dinners each for their performance. they were really coming off the ball.

3. Scarecrow

Scarecrow Walk On

#22 Georgia Tech 7
    #8 South Florida 41

This game was never really in question as the Bulls end the regular season 10-2. Bulls RB Demetrius Murray had 107 yards and a touchdown before he had to leave the game to injury. The Bulls defense looked solid as they march towards bowl season.

4. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

TAMU goes on the road and beats UNC 36-10. I will post stats tonight pending resolution of an item from the game below.

I made a mistake and questioned Eagles wanted to go for 4th and 11 from inside his own 40 at about the 2 minute mark of the 3rd quarter when the score was 27-10. I was under the belief that going for it there was allowed under the rules, but I was incorrect when I checked the site after the game. He should have been allowed to go for it if he wanted since he was down 3 scores and it was the second half. In real life I don't see any coach going for it in that situation with that much time remaining, but I should not have given him flack for it. That's my bad and I apologized to him when I discovered my error.

I don't think that this one issue really impacted the result of the game, since my offense was able to move the ball at will and my defense was playing lights out all game, but I've offered to Eagles that if he feels strongly that this ruined his chances in the game, Dakota can go ahead and throw out the results and sim the game (which I would imagine I would lose based on UNC's roster rating and them being at home). I'm fine either way.

5. EaglesIrish5

EaglesIrish5 Walk On

Do not throw out the win Dakota...A&M was the better team yesterday.

6. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Some stats from the TAMU-UNC game. The game was really won by Tannehill being nearly flawless and the defensive front 7 playing their best game of the year. The running game wasn't flashy but churned out the yards when needed and the YPC average was hurt by UNC knowing the run was coming in the 2nd half. HB K. Guyton had 95 yards on 27 carries with a TD.

Total yards - 366 for TAMU (118 rushing, 248 passing), 219 for UNC (44 rushing, 175 passing)
    Turnovers - UNC 4, TAMU 0

Player of the game - tie between R. Tannehill (15-19, 248 yards, 2 TD) and DE L. Weaver (5 sacks - all by the CPU).

Up next - A rematch of the 2009 Big 12 title game vs Colorado.