Season 3 Week 14

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by fuzzyl0gic, Dec 26, 2011.

1. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

Advance Deadline: Wednesday 8 PM EST

All CPU games, let's get back on pace. Let me know if you DO NOT want me to skip week 15 recruiting, otherwise I will. It saves a little time. Let's try and get to the offseason before New Year's.

Kasper
    Oshiomogho
    UofCWildcat
    The Natural
    hornfaninbama
    -Cougars-
    Philstyle3005
    JQwon13
    CoachRedd
    BPHusker

Welcome to Week 14!
    Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== #10 North Carolina Tar Heels (9-2) ===============
    Last week, North Carolina lost 38-7 against Georgia Tech (11-0).
    This week, the Tar Heels will host Duke (1-10).
    In recruiting news, the following North Carolina targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) QB Jake Whaley has committed to North Carolina
    - (****) RT Richard Miller has committed to North Carolina

=============== #21 Virginia Cavaliers (7-4) ===============
    Last week the Cavaliers were idle.
    This week, the Cavaliers will host Virginia Tech (5-6).

=============== Purdue Boilermakers (7-4) ===============
    Last week, Purdue won 31-28 against Penn State (4-6).
    This week, the Boilermakers travel to Bloomington to face the Indiana Hoosiers (3-8).
    In recruiting news, the following Purdue targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) TE Jared Rogers has committed to Purdue
    - (****) WR William Riley has committed to Purdue

=============== #2 Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets (11-0) ===============
    Last week, Georgia Tech won 38-7 against North Carolina (9-2).
    This week, the Yellow Jackets will host #8 Georgia (8-3).
    In recruiting news, the following Georgia Tech targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) CB Zac Meade has committed to Georgia Tech
    - (**) RG Brian Brown has committed to Ohio State
    - (***) TE Jeremy Johnson has committed to Georgia Tech

=============== #1 Michigan Wolverines (11-0) ===============
    Last week the Wolverines were idle.
    This week, the Wolverines will host Ohio State (8-3).
    In recruiting news, the following Michigan targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) K E.J. Mayfield has committed to Nebraska
    - (****) HB Kyle White has committed to Michigan State
    - (***) P Dane Cameron has committed to Wisconsin

=============== Iowa Hawkeyes (5-6) ===============
    Last week, Iowa lost 24-21 against Wisconsin (8-3).
    This week, the Hawkeyes travel to Lincoln to face the Nebraska Cornhuskers (6-5).
    In recruiting news, the following Iowa targets have announced their decisions:
    - (**) RG Jonathan Tompkins has committed to Iowa

=============== Nebraska Cornhuskers (6-5) ===============
    Last week, Nebraska lost 31-25 against Michigan State (6-5).
    This week, the Cornhuskers will host Iowa (5-6).
    In recruiting news, the following Nebraska targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) K E.J. Mayfield has committed to Nebraska

=============== #19 NC State Wolfpack (8-3) ===============
    Last week, NC State won 38-0 against Duke (1-10).
    This week, the Wolfpack travel to Kalamazoo to face the Western Michigan Broncos (5-5).

=============== #3 Wake Forest Demon Deacons (11-0) ===============
    Last week, Wake Forest won 38-12 against Boston College (6-6).
    This week, the Demon Deacons will host Maryland (4-7).
    In recruiting news, the following Wake Forest targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) LG Chris Smith has committed to Wake Forest
    - (***) LOLB Chris Jude has committed to Wake Forest

=============== #7 Wisconsin Badgers (8-3) ===============
    Last week, Wisconsin won 24-21 against Iowa (5-6).
    This week, the Badgers travel to Champaign to face the Illinois Fighting Illini (4-7).
    In recruiting news, the following Wisconsin targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) P Dane Cameron has committed to Wisconsin
    - (****) WR William Riley has committed to Purdue

=============== Penn State Nittany Lions (4-6) ===============
    Last week, Penn State lost 31-28 against Purdue (7-4).
    This week, the Nittany Lions travel to Minneapolis to face the Minnesota Golden Gophers (3-7).
    In recruiting news, the following Penn State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) C Jimmy Walker has committed to Oklahoma State

Last edited: Dec 26, 2011
  2. fuzzyl0gic

UNC - 74
    Duke - 39

This game got...weird. I had a 7-0 lead and had to supersim the game, got it into the third and Duke was catching up, so I took control for a bit. I threw a few TDs, supersimmed the rest and the final score was 74-39. That is the first game I've super-simmed in a while, don't think I will do that again.

3. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

Im going to play my game against Illinois at 10 PM EST and Im going to stream it at my new HD stream
    http://livestream.com/oshiomogho

just giving people a little heads up if they wanna check it out. Just under an hour to the start

4. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On

Michigan 35
    Ohio St. 3

After 4 weeks, Michigan finally gets it's coach back on the field for the season finale. A game which Michigan completely dominated. Michigan had already locked up a spot in the B1G Championship game for a 3rd year in a row, so Michigan's goal was to get a lead, get the starters out so no one would get hurt and that's exactly what happened. Michigan took a 28-3 lead going into the half and took the entire starting line up on both sides of the ball out of the game. Freshman QB Anthony Garcia went 6-7 for 96 yards and 1 touchdown in the 2nd half, and is looking very promising for the future of Michigan. The Wolverines will take on Purdue if they win their game this week, if they lose, they will face off against Wisconsin for the 3rd year in a row to see who gets the BCS Bowl bid, and Michigan will also be playing to see if they can get to a 2nd straight National Championship.

5. fuzzyl0gic

hornfaninbama - Iowa / CoachRedd is on vacation, so he is on AP. Play the CPU asap.

6. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

7. fuzzyl0gic

Damn you..

8. hornfaninbama

hornfaninbama GT: BulgyTexas

fuzzyl0gic. I don't want to knock him out of a bowl. So Ill do my recruiting and then you can sim it.

9. fuzzyl0gic

You going for the nice guy award this year? :cool:

10. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

gets my vote

11. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

hell the whole B1G gets my vote for letting Michigan waltz into another CCg despite their HC missing

If Georgia Tech was on AP I would have cheesed my way to a 60 point win

12. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

"Good game Beam!" Coach Duke screamed to Frank Beamer as the Cavaliers win the Commonwealth Trophy for the second year in a row as the Cavaliers roll over the Hokies 35-10. The Cavaliers have found faith in their speedy back Khalek Shepherd has he rushed for 179 yards on 16 attempts. The man is just like a black speedy Gonzalez. As soon as he touches the ball he is already at the 50, blink an eye he is already in the endzone. All you can say is "The fuck?" The Cavaliers finished the season strong winning their remaining 5 games after losing 3 straight earlier in the season.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2011
  13. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

The always classy Cav's coach :rolleyes:

14. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

Hey, this is bragging rights for who owns Virginia, looks the Cavaliers do :)

15. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

by that logic.. Wake Forest owns Virginia

bam

16. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

Meant the state your defense is going to blow next season, were going to run the score up on you guys

17. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

[​IMG]

p.s... pretty sure me and oshio have dog/cat beef now

18. hornfaninbama

hornfaninbama GT: BulgyTexas

Hell I am not going to win anything else. But I am done.

19. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

[​IMG]

20. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

#3 Wake Forest 65
    vs
    Maryland 18

Wake Forest beats the shit out of divisional foe Maryland to finish regular season undefeated. Wake was up 30-11 at half, and after a Meril Noel kick return TD and an AJ Marshall INT return for 6, the starters were out of the game. The reserves would go on to hang 21 of their own points, thanks to some interception returns and an inability of Maryland to stop basic running plays. To put things in perspective, Wake's backup running back hung 116 yards on the Terps on just 9 attempts... all runs inside the tackles as well. Khiry Sutton also managed a TD in mop up duty, as did Orville Reynolds. The two backs should make for nice competition next fall for the starting tailback spot. Josh Harris had a modest 89 yards on 11 attempts during his time on the field. Freshman Terrance Campebell had a nice game, snagging 5 balls for 60 yards and 2 scores. Fellow frosh Mark Bradley also had 127 yards on 9 catches to lead the team. Mark saw time with the younger guys during "mop up duty". Amazingly, Bradley also snagged an interception as some assistant defensive back coach gave him a chance to play while the Deacons were up big.

"The kid is just a great athlete and football player," stated Coach Kasper after the game about Bradley. "Honestly, if he says he can handle it maybe he will see some time at defensive back next season haha," said the coach being obviously sarcastic, though some reporters thought 'hell why not'?

ANYWAYS, Wake cruises through their final regular season game, and will take on Georgia Tech for the ACC crown for the third straight year. Can the Deacons finally break through and beat GT?

21. The Natural

The Natural Public Enemy #1

Hmm....speedy backs...spread offense....sounds familiar. I guess the NFL isn't the only copycat league ;)

22. The Natural

Backups Shine in GTech Rivalry Win

Georgia Tech 55
    Georgia 17

Backup RB Geoff Booker rushed for 102 yards and 3 TDs as #2 Ranked Georgia Tech defeated their in state rivals Georgia. The Yellow Jackets rested several key starters on offense even though Heisman hopeful Ashton Glaser did play in the first half passing for 289 yards and 3TDs. His favorite target Tremaine Faulk did not see the field even though he did dress and participate in warm ups. His backup Jeremy Moore gave Glaser all the firepower he needed catching 6 passes for 150 yards and 2 TDs.

"I wanted to rest a few of our guys but didn't want to sit everyone. I need to keep Ashton and the defense sharp as we have a big game coming up against an undefeated Wake team that's playing very well right now."

Georgia Tech (12-0) is ranked #2 in the polls will face Wake Forest in the ACC Championship game.

23. The Natural

You do have a point, I think Wake has....3 or so defensive starters coming back next year? I was wondering how your defense was owning so much this year so I went and looked not realizing they were mostly seniors. There is nothing wrong with that of course but the talent drop off after those guys is quite steep :eek:.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2011
  24. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

I tend to run out of the spread you pass, big difference there

25. The Natural

I guess you forgot my HB was top 3 in the NCAA in rushing and won the Heisman last year?

I play to the strengths of my team. If I have a good RB I run, if I have a quality passer I pass.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2011