Season 3 - WEEK 2 Pick Em

Discussion in 'Quality Simulation Football' started by CTfromDC, Nov 14, 2013.

1. CTfromDC

CTfromDC Where my money?

nfl-picks-2010-week2.gif
    Aight Q, A little content to get us through this PS4 release Thursday...

Home team in CAPS

Bills vs. 49ERS | O/U 26 | Bills by 2 | Vegas has this being a defensive battle, but CT tends to lean in the opposite direction. Keys to victory: Both offensives were anemic in week 1, with neither eclipsing the 200 yard mark. San Frans defense was beat up through the air and on the ground. If Buffalo can get a rhythm going, there are big plays to be had. On the flipside, the 49ERS have numerous weapons on the offensive side of the ball, none greater than Colin Kapernick. Look for him to have a breakout game at home against a tough Bills defense. My pick, 49ERS 27 - Bills 13, taking the over.

Redskins vs. COWBOYS | O/U 37 | COWBOYS by 15 | Vegas says that the Skins will get their ASSES handed to them by the COWBOYS. Lets break it down a lil bit. Skins coming off the lag-fest against the Bengals, wanna rebound, and fast. They allowed 373 yards on defense, and didn't score on offense. The COWBOYS put up stellar offensive numbers last week, 445 yards to be exact. The Skins and Cowboys games traditionally is a battle, regardless of how good or bad the teams are. I'm going with the under for this one, but I do agree that the COWBOYS will win, (Can't believe I just said that :hungover:). COWBOYS 20 - Redskins 13

Panthers vs. BRONCOS | O/U 52 | PUSH | Vegas has this ending in a draw, too close to call, whatever. I see this as a shootout. Both teams can sling the ball around, and both teams defenses can tighten up on the pass coverage. A key to victory in this one will be who can get the other off the field on 3rd downs. Both had less than stellar performances last week, 33% and 28% respectively. This is a game that I wouldn't bet on. My pick though, BRONCOS 30 - Panthers 27, taking the over.

And rounding out this week...

1.PNG

Dolphins vs. JAGUARS | O/U 62 | Dolphins by 6 | We have a good one here folks, and I think Vegas may have hit this one on the head. I like what Dolphins did week 1 vs the Titans. Tannehill had a monster game, going 13/17, 348 yards, and 3 tds with 1 int. As a team, they put up 440 yards and converted 66% of their 3rd downs. The Jaguars have the 21st ranked defense, allowing 360 yards a game, so big opportunity for the PHINS. Don't sleep on the JAGUARS O though. These guys have landed their franchise QB, who had a hell of a debut. Ryen Irwin went 16/21 283 yards, and 4 tds! MJD provided great balance, while Brice Butler lit up the secondary en route to a 2 td game. All this said, defense is out of the window this game. Sparks will fly! I'm going OVER, and picking the JAGUARS 40 - Dolphins 35.

What say you Q, WHAT SAY YOU!

• Like Like x 5
  2. thafuture3886

thafuture3886 Power Rankings Analyst

Bills vs. 49ERS - Cam has a big game running and throwing and some of the young guys step up to lead the Bills to victory.

Redskins vs. COWBOYS - Cowboys appear to have found their guy at QB and the young QB should keep rolling against a tough Redskins squad.

Panthers vs. BRONCOS - Broncos running game will be too much for the Panthers and Osweiler will make just enough plays for the Broncos to pull it out.

Dolphins vs. JAGUARS - Jags are in the AFC South, enough said :D

• Like Like x 2
  3. ThaBayouChef

ThaBayouChef Walk On

Bills vs. 49ers | O/U 26 | Bills by 2 | Cam vs Kap! Great matchup here. I see this one being very different than the one we witnessed in "real life" this past weekend (QB wise). I think both these QB's will have above average games and both teams put up 20+ points. In the end, Cam tries to lead his team back but the kicker misses a 48 yard game tying field goal which would have sent it into overtime. 49ers 30 - Bills 27 , 9ers beat the spread while sending the over bettors to the bank.

Redskins vs. Cowboys | O/U 37 | COWBOYS by 15 | The Cowboys have been pretty good these past couple years. With the departure of the most overrated QB in NFL history, they seemingly have only gotten better. The Redskins defense will have to force turnovers in this one and rattle the young QB early and often. RGIII was incapable of leading his team to a single point in week 1, not good. I don't think that trend continues in this one, but I do think he ends up being outscored once again. Cowboys 27 - Redskins 10. This one is a push on the O/U, and the Cowboys cover. Win/lose scenario for the bettors.

Panthers vs. Broncos | O/U 52 | PUSH | Many may think this will be a high scoring affair. I see it opposite. I think both defenses come out and buckle down against the high octane offenses of these two. I would suggest not jumping on the over in this one. In a straight up pick 'em game, I'm going with the young Brock Osweiller and the Broncos to get the job done. Broncos 23 - Panthers 17

Dolphins vs. Jaguars | O/U 62 | Dolphins by 6 | The Dolphins seem to have a very potent offense. Taking advantage of a baffled looking Titans defense in week 1, they were unstoppable. Lamar Miller is the key here, and if he gets going early and keeps the Jaguars D on their heels it will most likely prove too efficient to stop once again. The Jaguars have a new rookie QB, who many feel could be the next best thing at the position. This will be a high scoring affair as I don't see either team's defense really stopping the others offense. I'll go with the over in this one and the Dolphins to narrowly cover the spread, Dolphins 38 - Jaguars 30

• Like Like x 2
  4. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

Bills vs. 49ERS | O/U 26 | Bills by 2 | CHUNK'S pick, 49ERS 14 - Bills 17, taking the over.

Redskins vs. COWBOYS | O/U 37 | COWBOYS by 15 | CHUNK'S pick, COWBOYS 31 - Redskins 20, taking the over.

Panthers vs. BRONCOS | O/U 52 | PUSH | CHUNK'S pick, Panthers 17 - Broncos 21, taking the under.

Dolphins vs. JAGUARS | O/U 62 | Dolphins by 6 | CHUNK'S pick, NADA

DIGGING THIS CTfromDC

• Like Like x 1
  5. Ninersfan80

Ninersfan80 Walk On

wait Bill's have Cam? Well damn lol

6. cry_havoc

cry_havoc Walk On

Where have you been sir?

• Like Like x 1
  7. cry_havoc

cry_havoc Walk On

BILLS by 10
    SKINS by 4
    BRONCOS by 14
    PHINS by 7

8. Ninersfan80

Ninersfan80 Walk On

I guess not here looking at threads enough lol

• Like Like x 1
  9. Warhawk AKA dreadman

Warhawk AKA dreadman Walk On

Bills vs. 49ERS - Bills have tooled up to win this season... Michael will strike and strike often! Bills win!

Redskins vs. COWBOYS - o_OGot-dammit.... im winning!o_O We will step up and get this game somehow :brb:

Panthers vs. BRONCOS - Are you kidding me... Cam is gone... PLUS...I need to see what the new owner has in store for the franchise. Broncos win!

Dolphins vs. JAGUARS - Game played

Last edited: Nov 15, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  10. ThaBayouChef

ThaBayouChef Walk On

Don't worry, you're not the only one.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Ninersfan80

Ninersfan80 Walk On

49ers win 27-14, Colin Kaepernick has his best day yet throwing for over 200 yards and 3 TD's while throwing 0 INT

CTfromDC you were really close to your prediction with the score

12. Michael Overman

Michael Overman Walk On

CTfromDC

SOLID THREAD...Love the Gambling addition !!

[​IMG]