Season 3 Week 2 Scores

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Dru50, Feb 5, 2010.

1. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Sep 13, 2009
    Season 3 Week 2 Scores

Iowa 28
    TAMU 33

This was a real barnburner of a game, which really could not have been closer. The total yards were 368 - TAMU and 340 - Iowa, neither team could stop the run (Iowa ran for 229 and TAMU ran for 208). The difference in the game was injuries, Iowa lost starting HB Adam Robinson for 7 weeks and starting QB Marvin McNutt for the entire 2nd half. Losing McNutt opened up the TO wagon as the backup QB's threw 3 INT's in the 2nd half which really let TAMU win the game.

Great game by Emmdot and he likely would have won without the injuries.
  2. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

Feb 10, 2009
    Season 3 Week 2 Scores

Forgot to post this earlier.
  3. Scarecrow

Scarecrow Walk On

Dec 5, 2009
    #6 USF 28
    Minn 21

This was another great game between these two teams as it came down to the final few possessions to decide this one. I don't have the numbers in front of me but both teams did a good job of running the football. A critical turning point in the game was when Minnesota and Coach Hippo were driving down the field looking to tie (or take lead.. I can't remember) in the 3rd when a interception by QB Grey in the endzone ended the drive. USF's front four provided some good pressure throughout the game as the agile Minn QB was tough to wrangle at times. Good game coach hippo, a classic for sure.
  4. astealthyhippo

astealthyhippo happy painting and god bless

Oct 14, 2009
    Yeah that int in the endzone would have tied it at 21-21. I meant to throw it to the slot receiver running the same route but under the coverage and hit the wrong button. As soon as I threw it I let out an F-bomb, I knew it was getting picked haha. That was a great game, but I was frustrated by the end of it. I'm pretty good at staying calm and not slamming shit, but this one had me wanting to throw my controller across the room :D
  5. uncleho

uncleho Walk On

Jan 20, 2010
    Clemson 20
    #16 Maryland 13

Clemson jumped out to a 14-0 lead with a great first quarter, then everything got sloppy. Multiple dropped passes for both teams, multiple dropped INT's for the Clemson defense, and the inability for Maryland to run the football were what made this game ugly.
  6. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Sep 23, 2009
    Syracuse 7
    #15 Colorado 30

Colorado lived by the big play in this game. Three touchdown passes from QB Tyler Hansen to WR Marcus Simas were the difference. Hansen and Simas connected from 57,43 and 28. Hansen finished the game 13/17 for 334 yards and 3 tds. HBs Woodard and Holman combined for 174 on the ground and the defense forced two interceptions. Next up is the Stanford Cardinal.

Good game bondzai!