Season 3: Week 2 Summaries

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by biggcoug65, Dec 13, 2012.

1. biggcoug65

biggcoug65 49er for Life

Post them here!

2. biggcoug65

biggcoug65 49er for Life

[​IMG] 34
    [​IMG] 3

The 49ers first road game and divisional game was against their bitter rivals the Seattle Seahawks and their new coach DerekC in his first game returning to the sidelines since earlier this release. The 49ers would jump out to an early lead after a Seattle turnover deep in their own territory set the Niners up in the Red Zone and Kaepernick would find rookie Avius Allen in the end zone for 2nd TD of the season. The 49ers would strike again in the 1st quarter, again Kaepernick to Allen to make it 14-0. After the Niners kicked a FG to make it 17-0, Seattle would put a drive together, but get stopped deep in Niner territory forcing them to get a FG. That was the closest the Seahawks would come as the Niners D tightened up forcing 4 Russel Wilson INT's in this game. The score was 27-3 at the half and the Niners were content with mostly running the ball and playing D in the second half. The lone score in the 2nd half was a Carlos Rogers pick 6 in the 3rd quarter to give the final score of 34-3 as the Niners improved to 2-0. Rookie Avius Allen had another fine game catching 4 passes for 96 yards and 2 TD's before dislocating his elbow in the 4th which will sideline the promising rookie for 4 weeks. GG DerekC and welcome back!

• Like Like x 1
  3. DC

DC Shake n Bake

Some welcome back gift lol.

4. biggcoug65

biggcoug65 49er for Life

I do what I can, lol

5. fordtuff504

fordtuff504 Walk On

fdamn, welcome back? u tryna run his ass away! lol

• Like Like x 1
  6. DC

DC Shake n Bake

I got some work to do. I could see what i wanted to do and what was open. My reflexes to the game were way down from last i played. That was made abundantly obvious to me.

7. fordtuff504

fordtuff504 Walk On

if you ever wanna tighten up ur skills, im sually always down for a practice, shoot me a fr on psn, im not the greatest player in the world tho so i'll make a great punching bag!

8. DC

DC Shake n Bake

Haha ok. I'll prolly take you up on it!

9. OMlawdog

OMlawdog Going full Cheeze

St Louis - 17
    Dallas - 7

Just a big time defensive battle between two really good teams. Enoch Williams had a coming out party with three sacks. Sam Jackson had a big game with 5 catches for 125 yards and a Td.

GG BobJr

10. cadepetty247

cadepetty247 Walk On

I hope you did this recap on your phone.... C'MON SON need better writeup

11. cadepetty247

cadepetty247 Walk On

[​IMG]
    Cromartie Island???
    [​IMG]21-33[​IMG]
    The Jets welcomed Coach Pitt and the Houston Texans into MetLife Stadium this week. The score doesn't do the game justice where it was a closer game. The Texans fought back in the 2nd half, but great Jets defense and costly River interception was the difference in the game. Rookie QB Stephen Diaz had a decent game, but he wasn't perfect although he threw 0INTS. Diaz did throw passes to the Texans defenders who showed why they play defense because they cant catch. Antonio Cromartie picked Rivers off twice and returned one for a TD which earned him MNF player of the game. With Diaz holding the reins of this offense and 10 returning starters on the defense from last year, the Jet fans think they can be a contender. Although Coach Petty knows they have a tough schedule this season with serious contenders and disagrees with the current SOS RPI rankings. "I think we have one of the top 5 hardest schedules this year, We play the Patriots twice and the AFC North" GG PITT

12. OMlawdog

OMlawdog Going full Cheeze

On phone while in car driving/riding back from Disney.

13. woodsmall

woodsmall Walk On

Last second field goal boots the Vikings to victory over the home town Redskins 23 to 20
    Tony Romo, the big offseason pickup, led his team to victory by driving his team down the field with just 27 ticks left on the clock ... Romo used precision accuracy to pass through the Washington zone defense to pick up some big yardage at a critical time in the game ... essentially this would set up a 43 yd fg as time expired from second yr kicker Blair Walsh that would win the game for Minnesota in what looked to be a game heading to overtime ... Rewind to the start of the game where Percy Harvin would take the opening kickoff straight up the middle, stiff arm a Redskin along the way, and run 99 yds to paydirt ... this set the tone for the game early as Minnesota would add a FG to push their lead to 10 to 0 ... Eventually the Washington offense would get things clicking and start to run the ball through the Minnesota defense, often times running over the Vikings 2nd round draft pick Ballard who seemed to struggle all day long with the Washington hogmollies ... The first half would end with Minnesota up 17 to 10 ... in the second half of the game, injuries would start to play a toll ... Redskins starting RB Roderick Smith broke his toe (out for 8 wks) and would not return however Helu Jr filled in nicely as he would run 8 times for 45 yds ... And in true Percy Harvin fashion, he would leave the game in the 4th qtr with a broken jaw and will miss 3 weeks ... so midway through the 4th qtr Washington would get the ball back and mount a drive that would end in a 46 yd td pass to Niles Paul that would tie the game ... I believe this was out of a 1 WR set with 3 TEs and the Vikings tackling was horrendous on this play ... 3 Vikings would whiff on bringing Paul down ... This is when team captain Tony Romo took over, showed veteran leadership, and put his team in a position to win ... exactly why he was brought to Minnesota! GG OnIowa
    [​IMG]
    Passing:
    Romo 16 / 26 for 227 yds 1 td 1 int
    R. Griffin 10 / 18 for 181 2 tds 3 ints
    Rushing:
    Peterson 18 for 52 yds
    R. Smith 5 for 18
    Helu JR 8 for 45
    R. Griffin 5 for 19
    Recieving:
    L. Evans 5 for 54 1 td
    Rudolph 4 for 88
    Peterson 3 for 22
    Baltimore 3 for 45 1 td
    Garcon 2 for 60
    R. Smith 2 for 13
    Paul 1 for 46 1 td

14. ChaoticUT

ChaoticUT Life is Orange and White!

Colts sneak away with win over AFC South rival, Jags

[​IMG]

With just over 2 minutes left in the game and the Jags with no timeouts the Colts were able to convert a crucial 3rd down when Luck hit Williams on the comeback to secure the victory. It was back and forth for the entire game and other than one Jag turnover the stats were almost identical.

Capture.JPG

15. uagrad90

uagrad90 Walk On

[​IMG][​IMG]
    21 - 28
    The Bills and the Dolphins opened up their AFC East campaigns in week 2 as they met in Miami. This was the Dolphins first chance to face the highly toted WR Platt and QB Boyce from Buffalo. To no one surprise they lived up to their billing and then some. Boyce threw for 258 yards and 2 Tds to complement HB Spiller s 139 yard rushing effort. But on this day Tannehill and MJD stole the show. Tannehill completed 88% of passes for 282 yards and 3 TDs. MJD also added a 119 yards and a TD as Miami earned their first win of the season.

16. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

[​IMG][​IMG]
    27 - 21

Fast forward to the fourth quarter with the Eagles just scoring to cut the deficit to six, on onsides kick later the Eagles have the ball with under 1:30 going in to win the game. The drive came to an end after Philadelphia's sixth turnover of the game and the Steelers would clock it to the end.

17. fordtuff504

fordtuff504 Walk On

wk 2.png
    Brees and Ryan put on a passing fireworks show in this high scoring affair combining for over 930 yards passing and 10 touchdowns!
    [​IMG]
    but Reggie Bush would be the x-factor, scoring two punt return td's as well as one on the ground to geve the saints the edge and the win in this highscoring SteamboatReb -tastick game

gg Cole Copeland

Last edited: Dec 17, 2012