Season 3 Week 2

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by GoGators, Nov 20, 2009.

1. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

Season 3 Week 2

And here we go!!! Week 1 is in the books. Thanks to everyone for cooperating and doing their best to get similar results to what we had before.

We will advance from week 2 at approx 9pm EST Monday.

Week 2

The polls got shook up last week as defending national champs UGA got knocked off by UNC.

1. UF - this just seems like the natural place for them
    2. UNC - 2nd year coach Jello has this program headed in the right direction
    5. LSU - big game this week against very talented Miami.
    8. Bama - close game at the big house has alumni concerned
    9. UGA - teams talented, if you're going to lose, lose early!
    15. VaTech - life w/o Tyrod Taylor begins now
    18. Clem - took Memphis to the woodshed in wk 1.
    22. UT - close win over FSU has this team climbing into the polls this week.
    23. FSU - tough loss in week 1. Highly talented and should rebound.

Week 2
    Gameday heads to Atlanta for game of the week between #2 UNC vs #7 GT.

This one will be big to open up ACC play. UNC brings their balanced attack into this game while GT is playing their first game of the year. This could create an advantage for UNC since they've already had a chance to knock the rust off, but not so fast my friends. GT is loaded with talent and leadership. Sr HB Roddy Jones is one of the best players in the country and will look to make a huge impact in this game. UNC's defense is soaring high after shutting down UGA, but GT will be a whole new story.

If GT can overcome the losses of QB Josh Nesbitt and FB Dwyer to graduation, they can pull out a nailbitter at home.

2. GoGators

Oh yeah, post your game summaries for week 2 here guys.

3. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

Why would they be concerned? They should be positively ecstatic to escape the Big House with a win!
    Wow! 2 Gamedays in a row for the Heels! I'm going to bet dollars to donuts that GT's running game is going to expose just how weak my D-line is. I think that if my O can't score and score big I'm going 0-1 in the ACC. If that's the case, it'll really show how much things have changed for me on D as I think I led the nation last year in rushing yards thanx to my awesome defense.

4. GoGators

Your D line isn't your problem. Both your DE's could be all americans. It's your secondary that will get you in trouble. Good thing you don't have John Brantley and the Mighty Gators on your schedule cause you know we'll chuck it all over the place on ya!

5. jello1717

I start 2 freshman upper-to-mid 70s DTs. I'm pretty sure that my 98 DE is standing right next to a 74 DT. The staple of the fleXbox One is the FB up the gut and I really doubt that those babies will be able to stop it. At least it won't be Dwyer doing that to me though!

6. GoGators

Yeah, their fullback isn't as good as Dwyer was.

7. killajo90405

killajo90405 Walk On

CPU seems to be better at passing than running, I thunk you'll be ok. Those DEs you have are sick.

8. Beazus Christ

Beazus Christ Resident Smut Peddler

Shhhhiiiieeeetttttt.......

9. jello1717

In my Michigan OD, we only had 1 season of super progression instead of 2. At the beginning of season 3 my D-line looks like this:
    LE(JR): 96, 86 speed
    RE(SO): 90, 86 speed
    DT(SR): 99
    DT(JR): 99

I'll give you 2 guesses which D-line I like better, but you'll probably only need 1.

10. GoGators

Just curious, did you not make the bowl game in year 1 just like Ram Rod???

MSU bowl bound
    U of M....not so much

I love it!!!

11. GoGators

UAB 3
    UF 54

The Gators came out a little sluggish in their season opener. Unable to finish drives, the Gators kicked FG's and only led by 6-0 at the end of the 1st quarter. That's when Sr playmakers Deonte "if he's even he's leaving" Thompson and John "rocket armed" Brantley said enough was enough. Deonte led the Gators having a huge day as he came close to assaulting the school record books. The UAB blazers had no answer for the talent possessed by this man.

The Gators D was stifling all day recording 4 sacks and one INT. They held UAB to 134 yds of total offense while the Gators racked up 509.

Player of the Game:
    WR Deonte Thompson 8 rec 203 yds 4 TDs

The Gators look to face off with rival Tennessee next week in a big SEC East matchup.

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/13658327

12. Quagmire34

Quagmire34 Guest

Question...in the case of a user vs user game, are both teams expected to post a summary or just the winning team? For example, LSU just taught Miami a lesson to the tune of 27-10. Coach Quagmire is still stewing about the decision to adopt a new playbook this season and isn't feeling particularly creative when it comes to reflecting back on the @ss beating his team just received. If a game summary is required, shouldn't only be required from the victor (and not the disgrunteld loser)?

13. killajo90405

killajo90405 Walk On

I often feel the same way if I lose....

14. GoGators

LMAO!!! Hooray for this post. Very well written.

For user vs user games, we only need 1 game summary and yes, usually the victor should handle that. However it is recommended that the guy on the losing end have a reply post or something to show good sportsmanship. Remember, in the end it's just a game and it's suppose to be fun.

I'm shocked by the outcome of this game. The playbook must really have mess you up. Miami is loaded this season. If it's any condolence, I struggled w/my new playbook too. Thankfully though it was against UAB and I had time to figure it out.

15. LeGeNd RiPs

LeGeNd RiPs Is it football season yet?

BC vs. Syracuse

BC vs. Syracuse
    BC started the season strong with a big win over Northwestern 32-7, but week 2 versus Syracuse didn't look as if it was going to be an easy one. With the score tied 7-7 at the end of the first and star running back Montel Harris having only 4 carries for 6 yards, BC decided to make a statement. Only one minute into the second quarter, Harris would take the snap in the Eagle's potent "Wild-Eagle" formation, fake to his fellow running back, Rolandan Finch, and take it around the edge 39 yards for a score. This would just be the beginning of a very productive day for Harris who finished the game with 241 yards on 30 carries and he would reach the endzone once more in the third quarter to help seal BC's victory over Syracuse: 45-29.

Other Notable Performances: The 6'6 234 lb. Senior tight end, Mike Stone, finished the day with 75 yards on just 5 receptions and 2 touchdowns.

To see highlights from the game visit: http://www.easports.com/media/play/highlight-reel/13674319

16. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

Va Tech vs. Duke
    W45-7

The Hokies dominated the Blue Devils outgaining Duke 584-195. Ju Ju Clayton threw for 325yds 3 TD's but still throwing pics with 2. Jarret Boykin put up heisman numbers again with 11 rec for 172yds and 1 TD. Ryan Wilson and Ryan Williams combined for 173 on the ground and back up QB Antone Exum showed off his exploviness with a 51yd option keeper TD in mop up time.

The Hokies defense put constant pressure on the Blue Devils QB with 4 sacks and several hurries and holding the passing attack to 137yds. Many of them came against the second team in the 4th quarter.

The Hokies look ready as they approach the meat of their schedule facing 4 ranked opponents, including the #1 and #2 team in the nation.

17. jello1717

UNC Holds on to Win Against Revamped #7 Georgia Tech

UNC was in shock at the beginning of this game. They spent the entire week following their upset @ #1 Georgia preparing for #7 Georgia Tech's fleXbox One attack. Much to their surprise, GT didn't run any fleXbox One and instead ran mostly a shotgun attack. This caused GT to take a 7-3 lead through the 1st quarter. GT also would've lead at halftime, but UNC got a TD with 5 seconds remaining to take a 24-21 lead.

Georgia Tech's run defense was very stout against the Heels which forced them to have to throw the ball much more often than which they are accustomed. Luckily the Heels' offense was up to the challenge. UNC ended up throwing for 381 yards and 3 TDs while only gaining 56 yards on the ground off of 29 carries. In addition to stopping the Tar Heel rushing attack, the Yellow Jacket defense was money on 3rd downs and forced the Heels to punt the ball 7 times.

The UNC defense looked confused at times during the 1st half as they gave up 21 points. After a very intense halftime speech by coach Jello, the young Tar Heel defense came out inspired in the 2nd half and didn't allow a single score for the rest of the game. GT's only 2nd half points came off of a pick 6. With their new SG attack, GT QB Shaw threw for 338 yards. Stud HB Roddy Jones rushed for 135 yards thanx in part to a 76 yarder in the 1st half.

You would think that beating the #s 1 and 7 teams in back to back weeks would give the Heels a reason to celebrate their new #1 ranking, but unfortunately they have no time to celebrate as they now have to prepare to face the #6 Crimson Tide of Alabama. 3 weeks and 3 top 7 opponents. Hopefully the Heels can survive this gauntlant.

Box Score
    Team 1st 2nd 3rd 4th Final
    UNC 3 21 7 2 33
    Georgia Tech 7 14 0 7 28

Game Statistics
    Stat UNC Georgia Tech
    Score 33 28
    First Downs 18 14
    Total Offense 437 438
    Rushes-Yards-TDs 29-56-1 26-78-1
    Comp-Att-TD 22-41-3 19-39-2
    Passing Yards 381 360
    3rd Down Conv 5-13(38%) 5-15(33%)
    Turnovers 3 3
    T.O.P. 15:48 12:20

Players of the Game
    Column 1 Column 2 Column 3
    UNC Q. Coples 8 tackles, 5 TFL, 3 sacks, 2 FF, safety
    Georgia Tech R. Jones 16 car, 135 yds, TD, 3 rec, 110 yds, TD

Here are some highlights from the game:
    UNC: Jones 32 yd TD reception:
    http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/13700120

GT: Jones 80 yd TD reception
    http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/13700118

UNC: Wilson 14 yd TD reception
    http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/13700023

GT: Jones 75 yd TD run
    http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/13700067

UNC: Mason 49 yd reception
    http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/13700080

18. GoGators

That game must have been sick. Those are the stats we should get from a top 10 matchup. I wish we could get that kind of game all the time.

Your schedule is an absolute gauntlet. The tough matchups just keep on coming!

19. Beazus Christ

Beazus Christ Resident Smut Peddler

#18 Clemson 40 - #12 Maryland 10

Clemson put together a strong defensive performance in week 2 of the college football season. The Tiger D scored 2 defensive touchdowns, the second by true freshman CB Marvin Campbell to put the Terps in a big hole from which they could not recover. Willy Korn was back to his old ways, as he threw 2 interceptions but other than that, was pretty solid. Jamie Harper continued his hot start to the season, running 32 times for 205 yards and a score.