Season 3, Week 2

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Vinsanity, Dec 10, 2009.

1. Vinsanity

Vinsanity Walk On

Season 3, Week 2

SJSU 17 KSU 30

On a questionable fumble call , ball was batted around, some dude catches it and gets popped, cannot challenge KSU returned it all the way 90+ yard for a TD. I CANNOT CHALLENGE THE CALL :((n)(n)(n)

at the time it was a 20-10 game KSU was on top, that play totally change the whole outcome of the game. SJSU cannot get the running game going, QB also struggles, SJSU loses.

"Why the F can i not find my red flag in my pockets, wtf! maybe i left it in the pants last week against USC" Coach V saids. Now SJSU will look forward to next season. next game i mean lol

2. onaradio34

onaradio34 Tryin not to show how little I know bout anything

I like the challenge feature in the game but sometimes it can be pretty bogus. Have you guys noticed that a penalty takes away the ability to challenge. I had a fumble where my guy was clearly down and would have been a nobrainer overturn, but since i also had a holding penalty on a lineman i couldn't challenge. Just one more reason to never use aggresive gameplan.

3. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Buffalo Rallies from 34-14 Halftime Deficit to Stun Pitt
    Buffalo 41 Pitt 37

[​IMG]

It seemed like a repeat of last weeks rushing dominance against LaTech, as Pitt HB Lewis had over 240 yards rushing on merely 12 carries and 3 TDs in the first half giving Pitt a 34-14 lead. The Bulls would come out after the half to dominate the last two quarters. They would outscore Pitt 27-3 in the 2nd half. QB Zach Maynard would light up the sky in the comeback with 359 yards passing and 1 TD. HB Brandon Thermilus would suffer an injury that removed him from the game and Ike Nduka would take over. Nduka would manage 64 yards on 20 carries for 3 TDs in the second half including the short 3 yard game winner seen above. Buffalo notches their first win of the season and moves to 1-1 as they prepare to battle Jahvid Best and the Cal Bears next week in what could be a stuggle to stop the Beast named Best.

4. Jam.

Jam. FIU; Sun Belt Champions!

Nice win, Cimmy! Good payback for last week's game. I play against you in week 4, I expect a tough challenge.

5. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

I was getting that, "I don't wanna play in this league anymore" feeling going into the half lol....

But I look forward to our game!!!

6. Jam.

Yeah, haha its tough to start with a bad team.

And I'm definitely looking forward to it, luckily my team has a bye week to prepare

7. Vinsanity

Vinsanity Walk On

So we could challenge plays online vs user right? it seems like every time after a fumble, or catch i wanna challenge those i cant find the option to -_-

8. Lee.Flex

Lee.Flex Ducks Fan

UCF runs past Southern Miss

UCF : 47
    USM : 7

UCF ran the ball 53 times for 324 yards and 4 TD's. Harvey had 20 carries for 187 Yards, and Weaver had 10 carries for 80 Yards. UCF passed the ball well, Hodges went 16/21 for 222 Yards and 2 TD's.

I held Southern Miss to 3 first downs, 25 yards rushing and 97 yards passing. Nothing else I can say about this game besides "it was an ass whoopin".

9. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

BIG 12 UPSET! TOLEDO DEFEATS COLORADO 59-45

BIG 12 UPSET! TOLEDO DEFEATS COLORADO 59-45

[​IMG]
    QB Aaron Opelt threw for 425 yards leading the Rockets to Victory
    TEAM 1st 2nd 3rd 4th Total
    CU 14 6 18 7 45
    TOL 21 7 17 14 59

STAT CU TOL
    OFF 586 452
    RUSH 269 27
    PASS 317 (21-39-4) 425 (24-38-4)
    TO 1 2
    TOP 16:20 11:52

The Toledo Rockets (2-0,0-0) improve to two wins after upsetting Big 12 North contender the Colorado Buffaloes. Both teams did not hesitate to score as 35 points were scored in the first quarter. The game was a shootout in its entirety and ended that way as well.

[YOUTUBE]ohaghdXMPQE[/YOUTUBE]
    QB Aaron Opelt connects with Stephen Williams for a 59 yard TD

The Rockets offense was led once again by super senior QB Aaron Opelt who threw for 425 yards on 18 completions with 24 attempts and 4 TD's. His number one target was Williams and Page who combined for over 300 yards receiving and 3 TDs. The rushing game wasn't a huge factor with Collins only rushing for 52 yards on 15 carries.

[YOUTUBE]SChGijnaINM[/YOUTUBE]
    Freshmen CB Daxton Swanson returns an interception for a TD

The Toledo defense was sparked by FS Swanson who intercepted a pass early in the first half, returning it for a touchdown. MLB Barry Church put on a phenomenal show with 25 tackles with 7 TFL. DE Westbrook recorded 3 sacks on the day.

Toledo will now face instate rival #15 Ohio State and hope to produce an upset in Columbus. Ohio St lost their first game of the season to Navy 24-17.

10. DrunkenSoldier

DrunkenSoldier Luck Of The Irish

Houston cant pull the upset as too many injuries hurts the Cougs down the stretch as they lose to Oklahoma ST 34-27. Impact QB Case Keenum went down in the 4th quarter with a knee bruise and is out 2 weeks, impact HB Bryce Beall hurt 2nd quarter brokin ribs out 8 weeks and backup freshman HB Charles Sims got injured in the 3rd quarter bruised shoulder out 2 weeks. Just dont have the depth to deal with that and pull the upset off. Atleast we have a bye next week before we play Texas Tech, to put a new gameplan in for BackUp Speedster QB Cotton Turner

11. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

USF 54 WKU 6

Score is not a misprint, USF could not be stopped all game. Only positive was they missed an XP when up 54-6.

Allowed over 200 yards rushing and over 200 yards passing.

Allowed 2 long TD runs 1 was a good one, the other the RB made 7 moves in the first 5 yards, never slowed down in process. That was by the starter. The 2nd one was by the backup, because the starter got hurt and is out till bowl games. Late 3rd early 4th Cpu still throws ball on first down and also deep even though up 41-6.

Threw 3 interceptions, 5 in 2 games now.

I think only had 15 yards rushing.

Early line against UCF is UCF by 38

12. BG

BG On The Rize!

Nice summaries, guys! I enjoyed them!!!

13. BG

BG On The Rize!

Stanford vs #21 Southern Cal

Stanford wins in convincing fashion against a struggling USC team, which lost its season opener against underdog San Jose St last week. Coach Forever was determined to run the ball and keep that highly explosive team of Southern Cal on the sideline. Stanford was successful in their gameplan. Stanford held the ball for 18:32 to 10:06 for a nearly 2 to 1 TOP advantage. Stanford rushed the ball an astounishing 57 times; however, the only had a net gain of 137 yds on the ground. "Their defense is just as explosive as their offense. We were fortunate to get good field position on several drives. That was the difference in the game."

Stanford did all their scoring in the first half and hung on to seal the victory for the Cardinals. The win improves Stanford's season record to 2-0(0-0). Next week, Stanford travels to Fresno, California to take on the Fresno State Bulldogs.

Final Score:

Stanford- 31

USC- 15

Player of The Game

[​IMG]

Toby Gerhart was named Player of The Game against USC. He had 33 car 104 yds and 4 td's.

14. thievaryx

thievaryx Walk On

CMU upsets Ohio State at the Horseshoe!
    42-35

[​IMG]

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5 Column 6
    - 1st 2nd 3rd 4th Total
    CMU 7 21 7 7 42
    OSU 21 14 0 0 35

After CMU got on the board first, OSU got off to a scorching hot start;
    * breaking a 70yd TD run
    * followed by returning and interception 89yds for a TD
    * then driving the field
    * and later hitting a 74yd TD pass

At that point they were up 28-7.

CMU mounted a comeback for the ages carried by QB LeFevour who had an amazing day. The defense sealed the deal with an INT on the final drive where OSU was trying to push the game into OT.

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5 Column 6 Column 7 Column 8 Column 9 Column 10
    - Comp Attempts Yards PassTD Int RushAtt RushYds YPC Rush TD
    LeFevour 31 47 351 1 2 14 49 3.5 2

On the injury front: CMU lost its top WR and starting RB for 6 weeks each!!!

OSU RB Saine had 18 rushes for 222yds and 3TDs. It is perplexing that Tressel didn't go to him more as CMU had no answer.

[​IMG]

Jim Tressel has been placed on the hot seat as Ohio State drops to 0-2 after losing their opener 24-7 to Navy. Both games were at home for OSU.

15. Emmdotfrisk

Antonio Brown and Bryan Shcroeder, AHHH!!! The MAC is mine!

16. thievaryx

thievaryx Walk On

Rough to lose those guys right before my game vs you... those 2 and LeFevour are my 3 big playmakers.

Anyways, posted full summary (updated above)

17. Jam.

Army loses to #4 Alabama, 45-7.

I'll post a write up later.

18. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Not so fast my friend....

19. onaradio34

onaradio34 Tryin not to show how little I know bout anything

SMU vs UAB

SMU traveled to UAB for a slugfest Conf USA game. UAB would jump out to a 6-0 lead but SMU would answer with a TD of its own on a 12 yrd E. Sanders catch. As would be the story of the game UAB gets pressure on SMU QB Mitchell and forces a fumble that would be returned 28 yds for a score. SMU then goes on a tear and scores the next 21 points. Not to be outdone, UAB scores 14 in the last minute before halftime. No scoring in the 3rd would leave the game tied at 28 with a fantastic finish in stored. Only it never happened. UAB complately dominates the 4th 21-O.
    Difference in the game was turnovers and sacks.

20. Jam.

Yep, not so fast. Not that Frisk would have to worry about Buffalo, just Army :)

21. Emmdotfrisk

Lets not forget about thieveryx its gonna be a battle in the MAC!

22. thievaryx

thievaryx Walk On

Looking forward to it :D