Season 3 Week 2

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Philstyle3005, Dec 9, 2011.

1. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On

Welcome to Week 2!
    Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== Clemson Tigers (0-0) ===============
    Last week the Tigers were idle.
    This week, the Tigers will host Illinois (0-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Clemson targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) LE David Green has committed to Auburn
    - (****) RE Chad Walker has committed to Florida State

=============== #24 Wake Forest Demon Deacons (1-0) ===============
    Last week, Wake Forest won 24-14 against Iowa (0-1).
    This week, the Demon Deacons are idle.
    In recruiting news, the following Wake Forest targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) LT Deon Capps has committed to Illinois
    - (****) ROLB Jacob Reese has committed to North Carolina
    - (***) LE Bryan Ratliff has committed to Texas
    - (****) CB Cody Guerrero has committed to Wake Forest
    - (****) HB Scott Webb has committed to Wake Forest
    - (****) WR Stan Bryant has committed to Wake Forest

=============== #5 North Carolina Tar Heels (1-0) ===============
    Last week, North Carolina won 35-21 against Fresno State (0-1).
    This week, the Tar Heels will host Purdue (0-1).
    In recruiting news, the following North Carolina targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) QB Brian Mayo has committed to Wisconsin
    - (*****) WR John Clay has committed to Alabama
    - (****) ROLB Jacob Reese has committed to North Carolina
    - (****) WR Patrick Henry has committed to North Carolina

=============== #22 Virginia Cavaliers (1-0) ===============
    Last week, Virginia won 35-3 against Arkansas (0-1).
    This week, the Cavaliers will host #4 Michigan (1-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Virginia targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) CB Cody Guerrero has committed to Wake Forest

=============== Purdue Boilermakers (0-1) ===============
    Last week, Purdue lost 38-29 against Florida State (1-0).
    This week, the Boilermakers travel to Chapel Hill to face the #5 North Carolina Tar Heels (1-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Purdue targets have announced their decisions:
    - (*****) WR John Clay has committed to Alabama
    - (***) DT Maurice Day has committed to BYU
    - (****) LE Ryan King has committed to Illinois

=============== #9 Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets (1-0) ===============
    Last week, Georgia Tech won 59-24 against LSU (0-1).
    This week, the Yellow Jackets will host #11 Nebraska (1-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Georgia Tech targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) MLB William Burton has committed to Ohio State
    - (*****) HB James Palmer has committed to TCU
    - (****) RT Ron Daniels has committed to Alabama

=============== Illinois Fighting Illini (0-0) ===============
    Last week the Fighting Illini were idle.
    This week, the Fighting Illini travel to Clemson to face the Clemson Tigers (0-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Illinois targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) RG Martel Flowers has committed to Illinois
    - (***) FS Adam Rivera has committed to Illinois
    - (****) LE Ryan King has committed to Illinois
    - (***) SS Andy West has committed to Northwestern
    - (***) RT Marc Schmidt has committed to Northwestern

=============== #1 Wisconsin Badgers (1-0) ===============
    Last week, Wisconsin won 25-17 against Florida (0-1).
    This week, the Badgers travel to Raleigh to face the NC State Wolfpack (1-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Wisconsin targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) QB Brian Mayo has committed to Wisconsin
    - (****) RT Ron Daniels has committed to Alabama

=============== #4 Michigan Wolverines (1-0) ===============
    Last week, Michigan won 45-23 against Texas (0-1).
    This week, the Wolverines travel to Charlottesville to face the #22 Virginia Cavaliers (1-0).

=============== #18 Iowa Hawkeyes (0-1) ===============
    Last week, Iowa lost 24-14 against Wake Forest (1-0).
    This week, the Hawkeyes are idle.
    In recruiting news, the following Iowa targets have announced their decisions:
    - (**) C Jeremy Slaughter has committed to Iowa
    - (****) LOLB Raymond Jones has committed to Oregon
    - (***) LOLB Ryan Jones has committed to Oklahoma State

=============== NC State Wolfpack (1-0) ===============
    Last week, NC State won 59-3 against Central Michigan (0-1).
    This week, the Wolfpack will host #1 Wisconsin (1-0).

=============== #11 Nebraska Cornhuskers (1-0) ===============
    Last week, Nebraska won 40-10 against Cal (0-1).
    This week, the Cornhuskers travel to Atlanta to face the #9 Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets (1-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Nebraska targets have announced their decisions:
    - (*****) HB James Palmer has committed to TCU

*Hope fuzzyl0gic is okay with me doing this, I saw he was in his online dynasty game already and wanted to go ahead and get this posted for everyone.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On

-Cougars- when can you play? I'm good to go in about 45 minutes or so. Gotta eat then I'll probably be around the rest of the night. If tonight isn't good though, just let me know when is.

3. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

let's go ACC! Wake will be at home watching yall

4. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

I'm in the middle of another game right now in my other OD but the servers are being a bitch and freezing literally every 2 seconds. No telling when this will be over. But I will be free the rest of the night just shoot me a FR

5. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

Im done

6. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On

Sounds good. One of my friends is on a madden game right now, soon as he's done I'll shoot you a friend request to play if you still can.

7. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

I sent the account a FR

8. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

Big 10! Big 10! Big 10!

Purdue evens up the series in the ACC vs Big 10 challenge with a 20-17 win over #5 North Carolina.

The Boilermaker defense got them on the bird first with a safety toward the end of the 1st quarter for a 2-0 lead. Then in the 2nd quarter, Purdue was driving to extend the lead when Russell was picked off by NC safety T. Boston who returned it 85 yards for the score. Shortly after the Tarheels would get the ball back and bust a 78 yard touchdown run and looked like they might run away with it. But Purdue cut into that lead with a touchdown with 30 seconds left in the half before a North Carolina hail mary was caught in field goal range as the Tarheels took a 17-9 lead into the half.

In the 2nd half, the Purdue defense stepped up big shutting out the Tarheels. They would get a 41 yard field goal to cut it to 17-12. Then with 3:15 remaining Purdue would reclaim the lead on a 5 yard touchdown run by Gentry before converting the 2 pt conversion. North Carolina would get two drives to make something happen but the first would end on a turnover on downs and the second with a Ricardo Allen interception to seal it.

Boiler Up!

• Like Like x 2
  9. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

Apparently your friend just started a ranked match Philstyle3005

10. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  11. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On

Did he? I'm upstairs, let me go down there and see what happened. He told me he was playing his dynasty gm or something

12. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

ok, says he is in a ranked match

13. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On

He said he got disconnected and they're just finishing it out to see who plays the CPU

14. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

Alright

15. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On

Michigan 34
    UVA 17

This game started off slow, but really picked up at the end of the first half. Virginia struck first and quickly went out 7-0 on their first possession of the game. After stopping Michigan, Virginia was forced to punt and Michigan finally got something going on offense and found the Senior Jeremy Gallon for a 30 yard TD pass. Michigan then made another defensive stop and went down and got a FG. Michigan then got an INT on Virginia's next possession and ran it back for a touchdown but unfortunately, it was brought back for a hold away from the play. Michigan then threw a deep bomb for a 50 yard TD to go up 17-7 right before the half. After the game, Devin Gardner mentioned to his coach that the pass wasn't even caught by it's intended receiver so Michigan came up with a very lucky play. The start of the 3rd quarter started out with a bang as Fitzgerald Toussaint took it 83 yards on the 1st play of the half for a td to push the lead to 24-7. Mcihigan and Virginia would exchange field goals for a 27-10 lead going into the 4th quarter. Michigan would strike first in the 4th with a 1 yard run from Vincent Smith for a TD to push the lead to 31-10. Virginia would break a 64 yard run on a 3rd and short with 3 minutes remaining to make the score 31-17. Michigan would recover the onside, miss a long field goal and then get their 3rd interception of the game to end the ACC vs B1G contest 31-17.

Devin Gardner finished the day going 12-18 235 yards and 2 touchdowns. Fitzgerald Toussaint ended up with 19 rushes and 166 yards and 1 touchdown.

16. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On

fuzzyl0gic looks like EA didn't save the result.... what am I suppose to do fuzzy?

17. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

You forgot to add... Big 10! Big 10! Big 10!

18. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Oshio's a bitch. haha.

But in reality i was so mad at this game. Overthrew a lot of receivers. One of those was picked in the endzone. Had my slot run a streak from the right side and when i threw the pass it was clear on the left side of the field. Bull shit. Also getting sacked with :10 left in the game. Don't know how he can get a sack in less than 3 seconds on a 3 man rush. Are my guards just picking their asses or something?

19. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

Big 10! Big 10! Big 10!

[​IMG]
    Wisconsin leaves NC State victors in 29-25 battle

It may not have been pretty but it was a win. Gandy really struggled early against what appeared to be a 3-3-5. The wolfpack were determined to stop the run game but continually blitzing and bringing 8 men into the box. At first, it rattled the young QB. The bread and butter play action pass game was eliminated from the playbook. The Badgers came out in shotgun to try to spread things out and the draws and quick passes began to move the ball. While UW was trying to figure things out, NCSU was all go, jumping out to a 10-0 lead.
    Finally the game began to change into the 2nd quarter. The Badgers managed a FG early followed by a block punt safety to make it 10-5. And just before half, UW managed to score again to take the lead for the first time 12-10

It didnt take long for UW to open up the 2nd half with the ball and score. but NCSU responded with a score of their own and even converted a 2 point play to make it 19-18 entering the 4th. With the ball and the lead, the Badgers pounded it right down the middle, and it worked. but after a holding call, the drive stalled out and they were forced to kick a FG to go up 4. NCSU looked calm and marched right down the field, even converting a 4th and 1 that could have killed things. but Brosius hit Payton in the corner of the endzone to put them back up 25-22. Still with 3 minutes, UW stuck to what worked and pounded it up the middle. Unfortunately, it worked too well and it took just 3 carries to find the endzone. The Wolfpack defense was gassed and couldnt stop anything at this point. But luckily their offense had time. THey marched back down the field and had a shot to retake the lead and the QB just threw it up like what had worked all day and this time, the defense made the play and took the INT. The Badgers were then able to run the clock out and leave with the W

It was a close game. Gandy needed the help of the run game and I wasnt sure he was going to find it early. Gordon may not have scored today but the 23 carries for 170 yards is a new career high and very impressive day. He earned more playing time for the future weeks. The true freshman Charles Rogers was the beneficiary of Gordons play off as he scored the game winning TD, his first as a Badger. Ethan Hemer won player of the game with a dominating game in the middle as he racked up 4 sacks. The freshman safety Scott Brown came in for a sack off the edge as well while Thorpe award winner Luke Davis grabbed another INT as well as transfer Dan Moyer. Brown was the player who blocked the punt as well.

I live streamed this game as well. If someone is interested in watching a user v user game of mine, i may set something up

Last edited: Dec 10, 2011
    • Like Like x 1
  20. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

Yea that's weird

21. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

I guess I will have to put him on Auto and you can play the CPU.

22. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

Actually -Cougars- can you set yourself to AP when you get a chance? I'm not going to have time, and I'll be gone all day. Let Phil know when you do, thanks.

23. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

Alright.

24. The Natural

The Natural Public Enemy #1

Damn ACC..B1G 10 jumping on our heads :eek:

25. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

We're still better than them.