Season 3 Week 3

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by GoGators, Nov 23, 2009.

1. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

Season 3 Week 3

We have advanced to week 3. A couple guys did not play their games last week, just an FYI.

We will advance to week 4 when everyone is ready (Thanksgiving week)

The big news of the week is UNC jumping UF in the polls after a big win over #7 GaTech last week. It's unfamiliar territory for an ACC team, let alone UNC. We'll see how long he can hold the spot as he is in the game of the week again this week as #6 Alabama comes to town.

Also on tap this week is a huge SEC East rivalry with the Vols squaring off against the Gators in the Swamp. This will be the new Vols coach's first action in SEC play and he gets tested immediately playing in Gainesville. UT won a big game last week by knocking off another Florida school, FSU, can they make it two in a row?

2. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Hey guys i had to restart because at halftime the game just kept panning around the camera view and it wouldnt let me select nothing. I messaged gator and he told me to replay it, i was up 17-3.

Georgia 31
    South Carolina 16

"A good win but not a pretty one for georgia, Hova released his O-line is in shambles and had trouble getting the run going all day. He also has unredshirted flashy freshman QB Robison to gain some more mobility behind his weak Oline. Both QBs played and had decent days. WR Brown had a huge game catching 2 TDs, and going well over 200 yards. Hova still has a QB decision to make leaning more towards the faster QBs with the lackluster play of his Offensive Line."

3. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

Va Tech vs Georgia Tech
    W38-31

Va Tech had to come from behind to win this tough ACC battle. Unable to establish a running game and playing from behind most of the game, Ju Ju Clayton paced the offense with 520yds in the air and 1 TD pass. His inconsistancy almost cost the Hokies this time as his 3 INT's led to Yellow Jacket points each time. Jarrett Boykin put up again unreal numbers (he is a 99 what do you expect) hauling in 13 rec for 297 yds 1 TD, including the big 47yd catch to set up the winning TD. Defensively the Hokies looked lost against the new GT offense giving up 205yds on the ground, 199 of it belongs to Roddy Jones (a beast) and 243yds in the air. Tech's D will need to tighten up before they take on #1 Tarheels. A much needed bye week awaits.

4. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

I'm very, very glad that I won't have to face Roddy again.

5. bfruchey

bfruchey Walk On

LSU vs BYU (W 45 - 17)

Key Injuries:

LSU- QB Russell Shepard 2nd-end of game, FS McLaurin out

BYU- none

It always seems to take this LSU team at least one drive to get things going on both sides of the ball. BYU started with a score and looked like they'd make this a game. LSU then scored 21 straight to make it a halftime score of 21-14, even with Shepard hurt.

The kick return following the hlaf was taken to the 3 and then Ford ran it in from there. 28-14
    It would never be that close the rest of the game.

6. jello1717

#1 Heels Take Care of Business Against #6 Alabama in Home Opener

[​IMG]
    UNC QBs combined for 5 TDs and 0 Interceptions on the day

In an offensive shootout, UNC prevailed in the end over #6 Alabama 41-31. For the entire game, both teams' offenses pretty much had their way with the opposing defense. Both teams just went back and forth as they took turns marching the ball down the field. The 1st quarter was rather uneventful as UNC took a 7-3 lead after 1. Alabama would begin the explosive 2nd quarter by scoring on a 29 yard TD run just 7 seconds into the 2nd. The teams would swap scores for the entire 2nd quarter. On Alabama's 2nd to last drive they once again marched the ball down the field. Once it was 1st and goal, coach Jello began burning his timeouts so that he could hopefully have time to score. UNC stonewalled Alabama on 3 straight plays which brought up 4th and goal from the 1. Coach Killa made the gutsy decision to bypass the sure FG for the lead and went for it. HB Griffin would punch it in from 1 yard out as user controlled MLB Reddick flew through the hole only to run right past Griffin instead of smacking him in the mouth. Coach Jello was beyond pissed at his lack of stick skills.

This put Alabama up by 7, but thanks to UNC using all of their timeouts, they left themselves 1:30 to try to tie the game up. It turns out that they only needed 52 seconds to get the tying TD on a 9 yard pass from backup QB A.J. Blue. Starter Mike Paulus was injured and missed half of the game, but Blue played brilliantly for the 2nd week in a row as a sub. Blue has now completed 68% of his passes and thrown 5 TD passes on 11 completions for 21 yards per completion in backup duty. Paulus is going to have to continue to put up big numbers if he wants to remain the starter, but for now, his job is safe. Injuries could've been a big factor in this game for the Heels, but luckily they have enough depth at some key positions to have survived. In addition to Paulus missing half of the game, #2 WR and #1 returner Jheranie Boyd had to sit out the game. Starting HB Ryan Houston also got injured and missed over half of the game.

Like UNC's last game against GT, their defense gave up huge numbers in the 1st half, but after coach Jello tore them a new bunghole at halftime, they played much better as they only allowed 7 Alabama points in the 2nd half. This was also due to UNC's offenses brilliant job of staying on the field in the 2nd half. By far, the most telling stat of the game was 3rd down conversions. Alabama pretty much moved the ball at will, and gained a lot of 1st downs on 1st and 2nd down, but when they were actually forced to 3rd down, the UNC defense stiffened up. Alabama gained more 1st downs than UNC, but 15 of their 18 1st downs were on 1st or 2nd down. UNC would convert 6 of their 8 3rd downs which allowed their offense to stay on the field. Alabama only managed to convert 1 of their 6 3rd downs. That was the difference in the game right there.

At the risk of jinxing themselves, coach Jello was quoted as saying "Alabama is a tough ass team and I expect them to challenge for the SEC title this year. I'm just thankful that the 1st half of out ridiculous gauntlet is behind us and we get to get a free win against a terrible rival in NC State. We're going to beat them up and I'm going to enjoy it and look past them as I begin preparing for a very tough Virginia Tech team. They're the only ACC team to beat us last year and we must have this win. Another loss in that game will mean yet another season with no shot at the ACC title."

Box Score
    Team 1st 2nd 3rd 4th Final
    Alabama 3 21 0 7 31
    UNC 7 17 7 10 41

Game Statistics
    Stat Alabama UNC
    Score 31 41
    First Downs 18 16
    Total Offense 437 391
    Rushes-Yards-TDs 28-136-3 23-68-0
    Comp-Att-TD 18-21-1 23-30-5
    Passing Yards 301 323
    3rd Down Conv 1-6(16%) 6-8(75%)
    Turnovers 2 0
    T.O.P. 12:39 15:51

Players of the Game
    Column 1 Column 2 Column 3
    Alabama J. Griffin 15 car, 72 yds, 2 TD
    UNC D. Williams 6 tackles, 2 INT

For possible highlight reel material:

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/13731457
    Bama: TD; S. Jackson pass to B. Smelley for 10yds

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/13731435
    UNC: TD; M. Paulus pass to C. Wilson for 6yd

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/13731453
    Bama: TD; 29yd rush by T. Richardson

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/13731390
    UNC: TD; A. Blue pass to R. Mason for 3yds

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/13731411
    UNC: TD; A. Blue pass to T. Hunter for 39yds

7. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

Auburn will try and get up to speed by the end of tonight. Have to reshuffle recruits, still looking at the guidelines and pick a playbook. I really don't like the all spread of Auburns playbook and like an I formation so I'll be leaning towards ECU but will take a look at miss st and auburn also

war damn eagle

8. GoGators

Great win by UNC. Not sure what happened to Bama in that one. I'm sure Killa slammed his headset down onto the sideline a few times after letting UNC roll up 5 TD passes.

I would guess homefield advantage had a lot to do with this one sense Bama is a little young in some spots.

At least for Bama it's a non conference loss so there's plenty of time to right the ship.

9. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

“The Comebackâ€ÂÂ

Tennessee 45
    Florida 41

BJ Coleman leads the Volunteers to a 28 point comeback in the swamp. Down 35 to 7 coach WhyGod put his team in quick huddle mode for the remainder of the game. Every play call made with in 5 seconds to extend the game in hope of being able to make up the 28 point deficit. The Vols were able to take the lead at 45-41 with 10 seconds to spare. Coleman made his mistakes (3 INTS) and was highly inaccurate early in the game. Things turned around for Coleman in the last 2/3s of the game as he managed to complete 27-42 passes for 480 yards. The large point differential forced Coleman to do what he does best. Get vertical.

The deciding play of the game was Coleman hitting Richardson on a slant through a cover 3 zone to give Tennessee the ball inside the 5 with 30 seconds left in the game. Brown was able to plow into the endzone for the go ahead TD with 10 seconds remaining.

Tennessee:
    BJ Coleman: 27/42 480 yards, 4 TD, 3 INT
    N. Richardson: 9 rec, 130 yards, 3 TD
    A. Evans: 7 rec, 191 yards, TD

Florida:
    J. Brantley: 15/23 309 yards, TD, INT
    J. Demps: 21 touches, 237 yards, 5 TD
    F. Hammond Jr: 7 rec, 120 yards

[YOUTUBE]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yZrsGJQXEyM&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yZrsGJQXEyM&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

10. KnightNoles

question: Gameplans- just the aggressive features are banned correct?

11. KnightNoles

Auburn, Knight win​

With coach Knight's arrival in Auburn, AL there has been a youth movement at Quarterback, starting Sophomore Tyrik Rollison and backup Fresh Andrew Miller. Rollison a true dual threat qb as he rushed for 104 yards on 22 carries and threw for 210 yards on 12-21 with 2 combined TDs. His total yards setup the two backs with 4 combined TDs as Dontae Aycock and Onterio McCalebb split 2 each. The leading receiver Harry Adams caught 6 balls for 133 yards a 22.1 yard average and had a TD. The defense played alright but gave up a few big plays that Mississippi State scored on or setup a score. They were led by DaShaun Barnes with 7 tackles and Reggie Taylor's 3 picks, one for a TD. Auburn will continue to get better and face a tough challenge next week as they have a highly ranked Florida team coming into the land.

12. GoGators

Yeah, the aggressive ones are banned. So if you want to use the conservative ones I don't think anyone will have a problem with that.

13. KnightNoles

Another thing the commit features. I'm assuming both have been banned but didn't see anything in the rules guidelines

14. GoGators

It's in the rules. All defensive keys are banned except you can key on a particular WR.

15. KnightNoles

how close we gettin to advancing to week 4?

16. GoGators

Unfortunately it's not going to happen until Sunday night I think. I'm out of town and Quagmire hasn't played his game yet. Majority of the league is out of town until Sunday also so even if we advanced today we wouldn't be able to advance again until like Wed or Thursday so we'll just hold off to advance on Sunday.

17. Quagmire34

Quagmire34 Guest

I'll get my game in tonight. Sorry guys, lots of family in town the past few days.

18. jello1717

No need to apologize. It's the holidays.

19. KnightNoles

It's cool I didn't want to sound rude. Just a general question and get some more chatter, just to reiterate there's no need to apologize

20. Quagmire34

Quagmire34 Guest

Miami game is done. Maryland was damn near unstoppable when they needed to be and forced miraculous circus-like turnovers every time the game was on the line. Not a fan of these sliders yet. Defensive Ends easily ran down my HBs off the edge, NO PASH RUSH whatsoever, and 99 rated WRs dropping multiple wide open passes. WTF???

21. Beazus Christ

Beazus Christ Resident Smut Peddler

Clemson - 70
    Ole Miss - 24

No problems for the Tigers in week 3. For the past two weeks, Wily Korn has done little more than hand the ball off to All-American Jamie Harper. This week, he morphed into Tom Brady as he efficiently picked apart the Rebel defense in route to a big day. He finished 21/28 for 328 yards and a Clemson record 5 touchdown passes. As for Harper, he also did his thing. He ran the ball 31 times for 201 yards and a score. As for the Rebels, the scoreboard did not discourage HB Branden Bolden. He gave it his all - running for 180 yards and 2 scores on only 18 carries. Clemson had some recruits in the stands today so Tiger nation is hopeful that the big win was enough to impress some of the best talent in the southeastern US.