Season 3, Week 3

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by onaradio34, Dec 12, 2009.

1. onaradio34

onaradio34 Tryin not to show how little I know bout anything

Season 3, Week 3

SMU 30 TX A&M 29

The Mustangs got back into the win column pulling out a squeaker in College Station. This was an awesome game. Unfortunately Im not gonna be able to do very good write ups for a bit possibly. Gotta order a new power cord for the laptop. Im sure you guys have seen what happens if you take too long on a post. Normally a simple copy and paste solves the problem but not on my cell phone which is what Im gonna be stuck with for a while.

2. Jam.

Jam. FIU; Sun Belt Champions!

Glad you got the win, close score, looks like a great game!

Unfortunately I have a bye week :(

3. thievaryx

thievaryx Walk On

same for me, bye week

4. Vinsanity

Vinsanity Walk On

SJSU upsets #17 Boise State

After last week's defeat, SJSU get the train back on track and starting QB Kyle Reed threw for 350 Yards with 3 TDs and 1 int.

SJSU won 42-32

5. BG

BG On The Rize!

Stanford vs Fresno St

The Stanford Cardinals won this game as a team. Each team had a contribution to the dominate performance exhibited against the Fresno St Bulldogs. Although, Stanford gave up nearly 400 yds of total offense, it wasn’t a clear indicator of the way the game actually was. Stanford returned 2 kicks for Td’s, forced 2 turnover’s of defense, which lead to scores and rushed for nearly two hundred yards and the day.
    Stanford scored 35 fourth qrt points behind the arm of RSFR QB Andrew Luck, who through for 202 yds and 3 tds in the first half of the contest. The Cardinals would lead 42-10 at intermission.

Stanford sub in the second string for the remainder of the game. Second string RB was named the Player of The Game with his 176 yds of total offense in the game. The win improves Stanford’s season record to 3-0(1-0). Stanford has a bye next week before hosting Troy out of Alabama.

Final Score:

Stanford- 56

Fresno State- 13

6. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Bulls Beat Bears in Berkely
    45-41

[​IMG]

Buffalo would pull off another thrilling finish in a game they should not have won. HB Jahvid Best had a monumental days for Cal rushing for 292 yards and 3 TDs on 25 carries. It would not be enough as the Bulls would come back from a 10-point 4th quarter deficit to shock the 8th ranked Bears. Led by the passing attack of QB Maynard and WR Roosevelt, Buffalo would exchange the lead with Cal throughout the game until they fell to a 10-point deficit entering the 4th in what looked like would be a sneaker for the Bears. QB Maynard would fall to injury and miss the entire 4th quarter, handing the reigns over to back up QB Davis. Davis would not let the team down. He would go 5 for 9 for 137 yards and 2 TDs including the go ahead score to TE Brey with just over 2 minutes left. Maynard's 3 touchdown, 308 yard day would not go unnoticed. WR Nakeem Roosevelt would be named the player of the game for Buffalo as he managed 9 receptions for an astonishing 218 yards and 3 TDs. Next week Buffalo travels to take on MAC opponent Army.

7. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

UCF 38 WKU 14

WKU played poorly on both sides of ball.

Smith has thrown 8 ints on season. 3 in this game.

Game should have been much higher to 14, but Lee played "sportsmanlike".

Quotes around sportsmanlike because I don't like the rule against running up the score. If your opponent can't stop you when you are trying to run the clock out and you score, to me that's being sportsmanlike. However, if you keep throwing esp on 1st and second down up big that's not.

It hurt more towards the game than if he kept running the ball.

Good Luck Lee and UCF.

8. Lee.Flex

Lee.Flex Ducks Fan

You played well, I thought you outplayed me in the first half. I didn't mean to piss you off by taking knees and kicking FG's in the 4th, I was just following the Rules and Reg's we have in place at TF. Good Game and GL the rest of the season.

9. Super3Way

Super3Way Guest

Kansas State 52 LSU 48

The was a wild one from the start. The LSU RB, Charles Scott, was unstoppable. His stats are laughable. 27 att. 362 yards 5 TD's.

First quarter

Both teams exchanged two TD's each, all of them coming on huge plays. 76 yards, 75 yards, 71 yards, and 60 yards. 14-14

2nd quarter

KSU defense shows up for about 30 seconds of the game and forces a 3 and out. KSU then drives and kicks a FG to go up 17-14. LSU takes over and has a drive of its own capping off with a 7 yard TD pass. KSU then takes the ensuing kickoff to the house for a TD to go up 24-21. Less than a minute later, LSU scores on a 74 yard TD run. (he was unstoppable). 28-24 LSU half.

3rd quarter

KSU started the quarter with another long kick return into LSU territory. They then ended the drive with a 31 yard td pass to regain the lead, 31-28. LSU then took over and rode Scott down the whole field again, scoring with 6 yard TD pass to take the lead once again 35-31. LSU forced KSU to punt next possession which seemed huge, until KSU forced a fumble on the punt and took it to the house to take back the lead, 38-35. LSU got the ball back and drove down the length of the field finishing the drive with a 9 yard run to take the score to 41-38. Five seconds later, KSU took the kickoff and ran it all the way to the LSU 7 yard line. There, they scored on a 7 yard run to take the lead again 45-41 going into the fourth quarter.

4th quarter

LSU had the ball to start the 4th and shaved 2 mins off the clock scoring a TD with a 2 yard run to put them back up by 3. With 5 mins to go, KSU methodically moved down the field, nickle and diming the whole way, very conservative not to turn the ball over. they got to the LSU 7 yard line with 17 seconds to go. 3rd and goal. KSU QB found L. Brown in the corner of the end zone for the TD with 10 seconds to go in the game. final 52-48 kansas state.

10. Lee.Flex

Lee.Flex Ducks Fan

I lowered CPU run block and run ability..... I need to go Lower?