Season 3 Week 3

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Coach_Gruden, Dec 10, 2010.

1. Coach_Gruden

Coach_Gruden Walk On

Great game Tulane!....thanks that was fun....

1st Qt
    WMU takes the KO and is able to move the ball down the field running and passing to set up a TD on a 27 yard pass from A Carder to A Sugar from 27....Broncos 7-0...Tulane answer back with a great drive covering 81 yards and 9 plays, converting a fourth and inch, capped with a O Darkwa 1 yard one to tie the score...

2nd QT
    Both D are tough, and the only points are put up late on a Carder to Blair 2yd pass with 0:08 on the clock to head into the half

Tulane 7
    WMU 14

3rd QT
    Again both D come to play and the only points put up are a Tulane 40 yard FG to cut lead to 14-10

4th QT
    A time consuming drive is orchestrated by Qb Carter capped with a a 4 yard rush to push the lead to two possessions at 21-10...the drive was set up by a fumbled punt by the Tulane returner, one of 3 TO that really hurt the Wave....not to be denied, the Tulane dice up the WMU D like swiss cheese to score on a QB Ryan Griffin 1 yard one...score 21-17....how would WMU respond?....A workman like drive that chewed up 5:08 and ended the game with WMU at the one yard line....

KEY of the Game
    2 Tulane INT....see video highlites
    and a fumbled punt return.....
    Great game Tulane, that was fun, Thanks!
    http://www.easports.com/dynasty?_us...53596&dynid=119345&sku=661A0001&sid=2&wknum=2

2. titangator

titangator Walk On

MTSU gets HUGE 6 point win over FIU and Coach Paw(alemic actually played for him)

Very exciting and wacky game, took an interception in the endzone with 6 seconds left to win it.

3. alemic

alemic Walk On

Sigh lost to Tubb. I dont know the final score, but I fumbled the ball away down 7 with less than a minute left in the game offense never even got a shot

4. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

Game of the Week

#23 [​IMG] @ [​IMG]

By Tubbnastic
    Cajun Sports Reporter
    --Lafayette. LA

College Gameday was in full effect today (Septemember 8th 2012) in Lafaaayeeetttte. The Cajuns were out in full force: the bands, the mascot, the students, the alumni, even a man walking with a gator as a pet--as you know the State of Louisiana has banned domesticating gators. This game and atmosphere was one to remember. Especially when Kirk "Alemic" Herbstreit suggested that the Hoosiers talent would be to much for Louisiana. This brought back memories of the Civil War for most Cajuns and they let their voices be heard "the South will Rise Again." Desmond looked a little nervous, but Lee saved the day using his famous quip: "Not so fast my friend." The crowd around Cajun field exploded. "You don't think the superior talent of Indiana will defeat the Cajuns" asked "Alemic" Herbstreit. Lee smirked and said "UL Lafayete in a close one 31-28. As Herbstreit went into to this long explanation about why the Hoosiers talent will overcome the electric crowd in Cajun Field and the Hoosiers would win by 14 (42-28), coach Tubb turned off the TV in his teams locker room. The Locker room was quite and all the players were looking at the coach. Coach Tubb looked sad and said "well thats it. Take off your uniform." The players looked shocked and confused. Then coach tubb smiled and said "not so fast my friend" in a perfect imitation of Lee Corso, the players were laughing for about 5 minutes. Later, in an exclusive interview,the coach said he wanted to loosen his players up and joking with them certainly helped. After giving a 10-minute speech, Coach Tubb went over the keys for the game.

• Ball control. They are bigger and stronger than use, but we are smarter. We want to shorten the game and control the clock. If we keep the ball we have a excellent chance to win
    • Win the turnover battle. Offense, try your best not to turn the ball over. Hold on to the ball. Defense be very smart. Only go for turnovers when you have help. Dont get beat trying to be a hero.
    • Tackle. Your job on Defense is to tackle. everything else will take care of itself.
    • Key in on HB #26 and those DT's. Nick Turner is a excellent back who can shake you out of your shoes. Play smart and disciplined, when you tackle him wrap him up. O-line make sure you key on thoes DT's. We will run the ball alot so make sure you double team those guys if you must but keep a hat on them at all times.
    Luckily for the Cajuns, they executed those keys well. The Hoosiers won the toss and elected to kick the ball to UL Lafayete. The Cajuns used a balanced attack and drove the ball down field easily. However, Indiana's DT's busted through the line twice and forced a 41yd FG. ULL 3 - 0.

The Hoosiers got the ball and immediatedly tested my run defense. They tossed the ball left on first down and ran the option left on second down. On third down, the Hoosiers "Alemic" threw a interception. However, on 3rd down and 2, I threw a a pick 6, when I had a TE one on one with a LB ugh...
    [​IMG]

End of the first quarter: ULL 3 - IU 7

After a stern talking to by Coach Tubb, ULL QB Gautier calmed down and led a methodical drive, capped by a 4yd TD run by A. Spikes.

The Hoosiers got the ball back and threw another Int.
    [​IMG]
    Coach Tubb wanted to milk the clock and score before the half. However, the Hoosier defense once again stepped up and forced another FG. With 1:21 yards the Hoosiers drove the ball in his no huddle offense and scored with 7 seconds left.

At the Half: ULL 13 - Indiana 14

The third quarter became a defensive battle. Both teams found it hard to score. In the third quarter the Cajuns forced a Hoosier FG.

End of the Third: ULL 13 - Indiana 17

The Cajuns got the ball in the third quarter with 5 minutes left. I decided to try and hold the ball and score with no time remaining. However, Indiana used its timeouts well and A. Spikes scored with 59 seconds left. On the KR, Indiana tried to break too many tackles and fumbled the ball. ULL wins!!!!

Final: ULL 20 - Indiana 17.

PotG:
    A. Spikes 24car 102yds 2TD $BTK, 6rec 67yds

ULL Games Stats:
    B. Gautier 16-19 261 1int
    A. Spikes 24car 102yds 2TD $BTK, 6rec 67yds
    W. Burnette 7 solo tackles, 1ATK, 1TFL

IU Game Stats:
    E. Wright Baker 4-8 46yds 2int
    N. Turner 13car 110yds TD
    L. Kiles 7 tackles
    J. vellano 7 tackles
    L. Barnett 3tackles Def TD

5. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

@alemic

Tubb last night:
    [​IMG]

Alemic last night:
    [​IMG]

LOL J/K

6. rice4114

rice4114 Walk On

Nice work BT. I wish I was that calm after a loss ^

7. runwhileucan

runwhileucan Walk On

Great Highlights, a lot to work with. Please post at least 1 highlight!

8. alemic

alemic Walk On

Hahaha, thats why I love the fact GTAIV was sitting next to me. Never hurts to go blow some shit up after a tough loss lol. Well played man.

• Like Like x 1
  9. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

bwhahahahahahahahahaha

10. alemic

alemic Walk On

If you dont take down Utah State I swear I will come hunt you down @bigtubb_

11. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

I plan on going 0-9 in the rest of my games....

12. alemic

alemic Walk On

Might land a few 7 star recruits along the way

13. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

lol you never know Utah State might go beast mode on me

14. runwhileucan

runwhileucan Walk On

Great selection for Play of the Week. @bigtubb_ that is exactly how I need it to upload it easily. Thank you, you always have great recaps. But not everyone has to upload it to youtube, since I'll be uploading it anyway. Just post a link to the story. I just need to be able to get back to it after the week has passed.

15. redwings8831

redwings8831 Walk On

At Halftime: San Jose State 17, Idaho 3. SJSU has racked up 195 rushing yards in the 1st half.

16. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

dear god

17. redwings8831

redwings8831 Walk On

Outscored 17-0 in the 3rd. 20-17 Idaho.

18. redwings8831

redwings8831 Walk On

And SJSU finds another way to lose. Outgains the opponent 453-281, including 268 yards on the ground and loses by 3. Fucking turnovers.

@alemic, your prediction was off one point.

19. whales30

whales30 Walk On

Idaho 27 - SJSU 24

Idaho came out and played sloppy in the first half but picked it up a bit in the second. SJSU definately dominated the ground but turnovers killed them.

• Like Like x 1
  20. rice4114

rice4114 Walk On

2/16 on third downs. 10 of those wide open drops. lost by a ton.