Season 3 - Week 4 Game Summaries

Discussion in 'Zeros to Heroes' started by Sabo, Oct 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

Season 3 - Week 4 Game Summaries

Good luck

2. distrktFIVE

distrktFIVE Walk On

Bulls Upset in State Power The U, at Home
    USF 35 Miami 24
    [​IMG]

USF was the underdog, hosting the #10 ranked team in the country, the Miami Hurricanes. The game started off with a bang as the USF QB BJ Daniels ripped off a 94 yard option keeper. Miami would answer with a long drive ending with a TD pass from Highsmith to the TE Walford. Miami would add another TD only to be matched by USF's superstar Daniels taking another option keeper 50+ yards for a TD to take the game to halftime tied.

USF scores 2 TDs and Miami scores only one TD in the 3rd on a fumble return for a TD. Miami would kick a FG in the 4th and BJ Daniels would put the game away while breaking off a 61 yard TD option keeper while trying to run the clock out.

Burner HB, Lamar was injured in the 4th picking up a crucial first down and will miss the next 4 weeks. This really has a chance to impact the run attack the Bulls have built.

Star of the Game:
    BJ Daniels 2-10 for 30 yards + 1 TD; 12 carries for 243 yards + 3 TD

3. nrg_qbz-_-

nrg_qbz-_- Walk On

Mississippi State Loses to LSU

I really don't know what happened to start this game. Actually...I do. LSU drives down the field rather easily and scores a TD. My very first play I throw a perfect pass to my TE who catches the ball and then bobbles it in the air. LSU ends up picking off the ball and returns it all the way to my 6-yard line before scoring another TD. On the ensuing kickoff, my returner fumbles the ball and LSU brings it back all the way for another TD. Yes folks, I embarked on only one offensive play and was already staring at a 0-21 hole...WTF!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

My guys fought back valiantly and I ended up losing 38-52. I could have closed the gap earlier but SIX freakin drops doomed me. The one thing that bothered me was that I got picked off 3-4 times, yet my secondary would routinely be in perfect position to pick off LSU only for it to bounce off their hands time and time and time again. ARGGGGGH.

Oh and my QB set the MSU passing record in a game with 470 yards or so. Frustrating start to the game, but I am very impressed at how my team was able to recover and make this a game. Believe me, it looked bad in the early going.​

4. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

[​IMG]
    On Saturday the Red Raiders opened up Big 12 play with a trip to Kansas. The Jayhawks would open up on fire putting up 10 first quarter points. Coach Sabo called a time out and regrouped his team. At the end of the first the Jayhawks had a commanding 10-0 lead with no offensive light in sight for the Red Raiders. In the second quarter the Red Raiders would put 7 on the board with a 19 yard touchdown pass. At the half Coach Sabo and the Red Raiders trailed 10-7. The second half was all Red Raiders as they would put up 14 more unanswered points and escape with a 21-10 victory.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. maij17

maij17 PSN: MAIJ17

Lobos 38 Colorado State Rams 28

Lobos life without starting QB Tarean Austin got a little easier with bauk up Darian Godfrey throwing for 346 yds in a shootout with the pesky Rams, 4 fumbles lost would keep the Rams hanging around in a game that should have been one sided. The Lobos defense would hold the Rams in check all game,but you can only give an college offense a short field so many times before it scores some points. With the arrival of QB Godfrey the Lobos did not to miss a beat on offense, however starting HB Desmond Dennis will have to sit out a couple of weeks with a badly bruised shoulder. The Lobos improve to 2-1 and keep pace with TCU, Utah, and BYU for the Mountain West crown.

Game Stats
    D. Godfrey 21-27 346yds 2tds, 8att 10yds 1td
    K. Carrier 11att 110yds 2tds
    T. Kirk 5rec 53yds 2tds

6. csboiler05

csboiler05 Walk On

UCLA Opens Conference Play With a "W" 24-21​

The UCLA Bruins after losing two straight games, opened up Pac 10 play with a victory on the road against the Oregon State, Beavers. UCLA jumped out to an early lead and never trailed in the game, despite losing their starting running back to injury in the first quarter, after some impressive runs.

UCLA/OSU
    Score 24/21
    First Downs 14/13
    Total Offesnse 270/285
    Rushing 30 attempts for 85 yards, 2 TDs/27 attempts for 118 yards, 2TDs
    Passing 11 of 22 for 185 yards and 2 TDs/14 of 20 for 167 and 1 TD
    3rd Down 7 of 12/6 of 10
    Turnover 0/1
    Fumbles 0/1
    INT 0/0
    TOP 14:49/ 13:11

7. nrg_qbz-_-

nrg_qbz-_- Walk On

Missisippi State Edges Memphis in a Nailbiter

After winning a close game against Memphis, coach nrg_qbz could not hide his displeasure with the MSU squad. "That was an absolute embarassment on both sides of the ball. On defense, on offense, special teams, you name it," screamed coach nrg_qbz. "This will not happen again on my watch. I promise you that."

Memphis stunned the Bulldogs by jumping to an early 14-0 lead. MSU would battle back to tie the game, but Memphis would head into the final quarter up 17-14. With the ball in enemy territory on 4th down late in the game, QB Tyler Russell would throw an incomplete pass as the MSU faithfuls looked stunned. After a gutsy defensive stand, the Bulldogs would get the ball back. However, Russell would throw a horrific ball into double-traffic that would be picked off. Once again, the Bulldogs stepped up and forced another 3-and-out. In possession of the football once again with 0 timeouts and 50 seconds left on the clock, MSU would need to score for the tie or the win. On his first play of the deciding drive, Russell once again went deep. The defense somehow lost WR Brandon Heavens and he made them pay, hauling in a 54 yard TD pass for the game-winner. Memphis could not believe it. "Unbelievable. We were dead in the waters and then everything changed in a blink of an eye," said an elated Heavens. "We really needed this win after the LSU fiasco."

Coach nrg_qbz was happy with the win, but stressed that there will be new changes from here on out. "We're going to run the ball more often and put in more passing plays to get other guys involved," said coach nrg_qbz. "We're going to be more balanced."

[YOUTUBE]pjYIA92m94Q[/YOUTUBE]​

8. OnIowa

OnIowa Zeroes to Heroes

Virginia Defense Manhandles the Blue Devils in Durham

Virginia 51 @ Duke 0

Virginia's Defense Forced 6 Fumbles in a Lopsided Victory Over Conference Foe Duke

The Virginia Cavaliers moved to 4-0 on the season after easily handling conference foe Duke. The Cavalier defense would force 6 fumbles and hold the Duke offense to less than 150 yards of total offense. "Our defense has been stellar thus far this season," said Coach E "Combining that with our offense could pose problems for some of our opponents down the road."

Virginia's offense played well, even with QB Michael Strauss going down with a minor injury and only playing 1 quarter. "Michael is fine, it was just precautionary when we decided not to put him back in the game." Halfback Torrey Mack had another exceptional game for the Cavaliers, Mack carried the ball 30 times for 177 yards and 2 TD.

Special teams was also crucial for the Cavaliers. Kicker/Punter Jimmy Howell was 3/3 on FG including a 51 yarder that would have been good from 60.

The Cavaliers have their 3rd straight conference matchup this week when they take on Maryland in hopes of a 5-0 start to the season.

Virginia Stats:

Passing ATT Comp Yards TD Int
    Ross Metheny 14 6 88 0 0
    Michael Strauss 8 5 78 0 1

Rushing ATT Yards TD Long
    Torrey Mack 30 177 2 28
    Dominique Wallace 8 54 3 14
    Ross Metheny 1 -7 0 0

Receiving Catches Yards TD Long
    Tim Smith 4 77 0 24
    Torrey Mack 2 36 0 33
    Quintin Hunter 3 28 0 12