Season 3 Week 4

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by GoGators, Nov 30, 2009.

1. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

Season 3 Week 4

We have finally advanced!!!

Sorry guys, the holidays and then I was extemely swamped at work today. I'm still doing crap at 930pm and have at least another 2 hours to go.

We're going back to the 72 hour hard advance now so our next advance will be:

Thursday 9pm EST

Get your games in.

I'll let killa decide who gets game of the week this week. The cpu says Oklahoma visiting Florida State. I say it's UF going on the road to Auburn, a team UF hasn't beat in quite some time. (I can still see that A hole Auburn kicker running off the field chomping the student section after hitting the game winner in the swamp in `07)

2. killajo90405

killajo90405 Walk On

I'll choose the best user bs user game for the game of the week write up...I don't get home till late tomorrow so if you guys don't play by then I'll do it

3. Beazus Christ

Beazus Christ Resident Smut Peddler

Clemson - 59
    Boston College - 14

Clemson continues to get in its warm ups before the big match up in 2 weeks against Carolina in Death Valley. Although Willy Korn threw a pick 6 to start the game, he rebounded nicely to finish with a respectable 288 yards on 13/20 passes. Bryce McNeal (Minnesota represent!) had 5 catches for 106 yards and a score. Jamie Harper continues to have a good start to the season, as he rushed for 202 yards on 31 carries with 3 scores. His predecessor, CJ Spiller, might just see some of his records fall this year.

For the second straight week, the Tiger defense allowed a 100 yard rusher, this time it was Montell Harris, who gashed Clemson for 181 yards on 30 carries. Clemson isnt too worried however because Harris (BC) and Bolden (Ole Miss) are two of the best backs in the country.

Next up, Clemson takes on Wake Forest.

4. Huronia8

Huronia8 Walk On

FSU got taken to the wood shed by OU.

5. GoGators

Wow, our second user vs Cpu loss this season. First Miami, now FSU. Yet Clemson continues to score 50+ per game. What's causing the discrepency?

6. GoGators

Can you play at 7pm EST tonight?

7. Beazus Christ

Uh, cuz I played Boston College?

8. GoGators

Yeah, you did play Boston College. But you also won last week 70-24 against Ole Miss.

9. Beazus Christ

Well what can I say? What does it matter anyways?

10. Huronia8

Huronia8 Walk On

i'll post a recap once I stop fuming.

11. Quagmire34

Quagmire34 Guest

I think I know. As much as I'd like to blaim the new sliders and poo-poo playbook I selected for this season, I think the true root cause is simply this...Beazus posesses skills that I lack. :)

12. Beazus Christ

Nah man...

I got a good back and a good line. It isnt too hard for the Tigers to run over the CPU.
    Plus, I am 100% sure I am the only person without a user game yet. But thats cool too, cuz Ill be damned if Lil Maggie didnt have me signed up for 6 or 7 of those user games this year. I got mines coming...

13. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

Heels Escape Raleigh with Victory over Wolfpack

[​IMG]
    Christian Wilson caught 3 TD passes on the day

After guaranteeing a victory in this game following the Alabama win, coach Jello almost had to eat his words. NC State almost gave the Heels more than they could handle. The Wolf Pack lead at the half 19-14 and took a 26-14 lead early in the 3rd. The Heels fought back into the game and finally took the lead with 3:27 left in the game.

The Heels were very flat and did not play well at all in this game. They turned the ball over 4 freakin' times while NC State didn't turn it over once. Starting QB Mike Paulus accounted for 3 of those turnovers as he fumbled once and threw 2 INTs. He was yanked at halftime and backup A.J. Blue played the 2nd half. Ryan Houston was solid on the ground, rushing for 126 yards, but TE Christian Wilson was the offensive star. He caught 5 balls for 97 yards and 3 TDs.

North Carolina will now prepare for their huge matchup with Virginia Tech.

Box Score
    Team 1st 2nd 3rd 4th Final
    UNC 7 7 10 8 32
    NC State 10 9 7 3 29

Game Statistics
    Stat UNC NC State
    Score 32 29
    First Downs 18 13
    Total Offense 407 349
    Rushes-Yards-TDs 37-119-0 30-88-2
    Comp-Att-TD 14-27-4 15-28-1
    Passing Yards 288 261
    3rd Down Conv 9-13(69%) 8-15(53%)
    Turnovers 4 0
    T.O.P. 16:21 11:39

Players of the Game
    Column 1 Column 2 Column 3
    UNC C. Wilson 5 rec, 97 yards, 3 TD
    NC State S. Lucas 9 tackles, TFL, Sack

14. bfruchey

bfruchey Walk On

Power Poll

(1)#1 North Carolina- Wow! With their resume, they should start making reservations for the National Championship Game.
    (2)#2 Florida- 166 ypg for a wideout!? 14 catches and 4TD's in 2 games!? Yikes!!
    (3)#4 LSU- the offense may be down a little, but this team is still all about the defense.
    (4)#5 Georgia- This train looked to be derailed, but is picking up speed. I predict they will be hard to stop down the road.
    (5)#12 Clemson- 55.3 ppg, #1 Offense, #1 Rush Offense, #7 Pass Offense. Any questions?
    (6)#11 Alabama- I give them the edge over over VT, because their defense will prove better.
    (7)#9 Virginia Tech- I see 2 cnsecutive losses coming their way in the next 2 weeks. Boykins is scary though.
    (8)#16 Maryland- New coach has to live up to high expectations left by previous regime.
    (9)#24 Tennessee- New ball coach has them going in the right direction and beat FSU on the road.
    (10)#20 Florida State- Getting beat by #8 Oklahoma will put them at 2 losses and if the trend is losing to top 25 teams, then 3 more losses are headed in their direction.
    (11)Auburn- They go here until Miami starts winning. Their schedule is easier than Miami's as well.
    (12)Miami- They'll be lucky if they make bowl with this combination of schedule and underacheivement.

15. GoGators

Damnit! You just had to put Auburn at 11 didn't you? Now he's going to be extra motivated tonight against UF to prove himself. Son of a $#^%#!!!!!!

16. killajo90405

killajo90405 Walk On

Sorry I didn't get to the game of the week. We rushed through the offseason in tf c2c.....if you guys play before 5:00pst today someone else can do it if possible.

17. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

bummer almost sent a shockwave through the Nation.. I've never played someone that had ran a true Florida offense and took me a half to figure it out and stop it, and by then I was in a huge hole. Second half I finally started to chip away and lost 45-38 with 4 chances to win it, all I could ask for.

I like where the offense is and defense will get better, but I had to rush and get off because my roommate is watchin a hockey game on our bigger screen and didnt get to check out my injuries to my starting QB and WR...

18. GoGators

Great game KnighNoles. This one was a classic battle as the Gators finally got revenge for `06 and `07 against Auburn.

Florida 45
    Auburn 38

The first half was ridiculous. The Gators scored early, often, and frequently from anywhere on the field. The playcalling and the pure speed of this offense sent the Auburn Tigers' heads spinning. The Gators never sustained a drive in the first half relying on big play after big play. However, the Auburn offense was productive enough to keep them in the game through most of the first half answering all of the UF scores with long drives to answer.

Then however, disaster struck as UF finally got a stop midway through the second quarter. They again put points up. Auburn's next possession resulted in an INT and UF capitalized again before the half.

UF received the ball first in the 2nd half and pounded away on the ground to another unanswered score. With a huge margin, the Gators became conservative and tried to ground the clock out. This wasn't smart as Auburn responded and ended up making it a close game in the end, coming down to a last second hail mary attempt that thankfully for gator nation, fell incomplete.

Player of the game:
    Jeff Demps 230+ yds, 3 TDs, 10.9 ypc

Auburn is going to be tough in years to come. Coach knighnoles has some serious recruiting to do, but this team can already compete with it's 4 star talent. When they add some 5 stars, the SEC West is going to get shaken up a little bit.

Great game KnighNoles.

19. KnightNoles

Great game. I forgot your score right before half I should have picked off and there was another over the middle throw I should have gotten. You won the turnover battle and thats what killed me even though I think that pick that you got was dumb by the corner but oh well..

I expect and my goal is to represent the West in the SEC Championship though

20. GoGators

Just for the record, we both had 1 turnover (INT). The stats were darn near exact for both teams which was pretty crazy.

21. KnightNoles

hmm.. I guess it just felt like more because the margin of score at the time, damn TD and then get the ball back after the half.. (n) FTL

22. killajo90405

killajo90405 Walk On

Week 4
    Arkansas 52 vs Alabama 47

Wow, I am ashamed to have to write this up. I got completely owned by the cpu's offense!

U want stats? Check this out...
    Arkansas -
    Total Offense - 669 yards
    Passing TDs - 6
    D. Curtis - 23 Carries 178yds 7.8 avg

Nothing has worked for me defensively this season. I am begining to think I chose the wrong playbook.

Oh, and the topper....I had every recruit possible visiting this week cause I thought I would kill Arkansas.
    Wish me luck against Florida!

23. GoGators

WOW!!! Our third loss to the CPU in as many weeks.

24. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

Tennessee 44
    Georgia 21

Steady diet of running between the tackles and Strong def gets Tennessee the victory with 6 key recruits in attendence.

Week 3 saw the starting tailback for the vols go down to a hip injury. This week they lost their backup for 11 weeks. Third string back Oku, took the reigns and rushed for 100 yards and a TD. While backup running duties fell to the fullback Johnson wgi picked up 30 yards on 8 carries. QB coleman was extremely effective throwing for 299 yards on 14/18(?) passes.

The Defense was able to contain the speedster georgia qb by mixing in saftey pressure from the 4-2-5.

25. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

Damn! The Bama defense has allowed 11 TD passes in 2 weeks! I think those kids need to be running some serious wind sprints!