Season 3, week 4

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by bcduggan, Dec 15, 2009.

1. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

Season 3, week 4

Georgia 13 WKU 10 OT

Score is not a misprint. WKU kept Georgia off the field most of game. Game should not have gone to OT. Georgia's kicker missed 3 FGs including one with under 1 min left in game from around 35 yards to win.

OT started 7-7 WKU settled for FG, Georgia scores TD.

2. onaradio34

onaradio34 Tryin not to show how little I know bout anything

SMU played host to the Tulane Green Wave in what would probably end one teams chances of a conference crown. Tulane came out witha long drive capped off by a 6 yrd td pass. SMU would only need 3 plays to tie the game getting a 58 yrd td reception by Beasley. SMU wouls score 2 more TD's in the 2nd in what looked like a route waiting to happen. Tulane cut the lead to 21-14 just before the half though. SMU took the 2nd half kickoff off turned it into 3 points and a 10 point lead. On the next drive, freshman MLB Reed would take an interception 54 yrds for a td. SMU defense would only allow a FG the rest of the game to take the victory 31-17 and stay in the hunt for a Conf USA chanpionship. Reed would take home both Play and Player of the Game honors with his interception TD, 9 tkls, 5tfl, 1sck performance.

3. Lee.Flex

Lee.Flex Ducks Fan

Be sure to keep me up to date on the CPU running attack. Sliders have been tweaked a bit, so hopefully it will cut down on the Robo RB's.

4. onaradio34

onaradio34 Tryin not to show how little I know bout anything

Tulane only had about 80 yrds rushing against me. Ny last 2 before that cpu rb's had averaged 6 yrd per carry against me. For a C- defense thats about right in my opinion. Usually they will break one freakish run and a few smaller ones.

5. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

Georgia had 100 yards rushing against me. They were only on field about 7 min for game though. Averaged 4-5 yards a carry.

6. Jam.

Jam. FIU; Sun Belt Champions!

Army defeats Buffalo, 37-31. Write up coming tomorrow.

7. thievaryx

thievaryx Walk On

Chippewas all over Akron, win 58-21

I got a tough schedule the next two days so I can't promise a write up.

8. BG

BG On The Rize!

Stanford unfortunately has a bye this week!!!

9. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

TOLEDO BEATS UCONN LAST PLAY OF THE GAME 41-37

TOLEDO BEATS UCONN LAST PLAY OF THE GAME 41-37

[​IMG]
    Senior WR Stephen Williams was intrumental in the win with 137 receiving yards and 3 TD's

TEAM 1st 2nd 3rd 4th TO
    TOL 3 17 7 14 41
    UCONN 10 7 10 10 37

STAT TOL UCONN
    OFF 442 523
    RUSH -4 135
    PASS 446 (26-57-4) 338(19-32-4)
    TO 2 1
    TOP 16:49 13:52

The Toledo Rockets really got lucky against the UConn Huskies scoring on the last play of the game to win it. The game was back and forth. Both teams had trouble stopping each others offense and would continue to be that way the entire game. Toledo was finally able to capitalize in the fourth off of a interception which led them to the winning drive and score.

The Toledo offense was led by Senior QB Aaron Opelt who put up impressive numers with 446 yards passing and 4 TDs. His main targets were Stephen Williams and Kevin Stafford who combined for 300 yards receiving and 4 TDs. The rushing was non existent with rushing for only 16 yards on 8 carries.

The Toledo defense was led by All-American candidate Barry Church who had 16 tackles, 3 TFL, and 1 INT. That marks his 67 tackle thus far in the season and leads the nation in tackles by almost DOUBLE and in interceptions with 3.

Toledo will begin MAC conference play next week with Ball State who is 2-1.

10. Lee.Flex

Lee.Flex Ducks Fan

UCF Knocks Out ECU

UCF : 38
    ECU : 0

It was over before it started. UCF got back #2 RB Weaver this week (#1 Harvey is still out) and he ran all over ECU. He had 33 carries for 201 Yards and 2 TD's. QB Hodges was struggling so It's a good thing Weaver came back this week to give him some help. Hodges went 14/25 for 188 Yards and 3 TD's with 1 INT.

Starting RB Harvey wont be back for another 2 weeks, so Weaver will be getting the majority of the RB work in his absence.

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3
    UCF ECU
    38 Score 0
    48 - 271 - 2 Rushes - Yards - TD 18 - 22 - 0
    14 - 25 - 3 Comp - Att - TD 9 - 20 - 0
    188 Passing Yards 67
    23:09 T.O.P 8:21

11. Jam.

Jam. FIU; Sun Belt Champions!

The Steelman Show; Army defeats Buffalo, 37-31

[​IMG]

West Point, NY- In this season's MAC opener, QB Trent Steelman was everything that Army needed to defeat Buffalo. Buffalo played a great back and forth game, but Trent Steelman and the triple option at Army proved to be too much for their talented coach and defense. Trent Steelman had 21 carries for 209 yards and 1 touchdown.

However, this game might have been won on fluke plays. Army scored at the end of the first half on a play that should have never happened, in which Steelman was able to scramble for 60 yards downfield, and there was enough time on the clock to work the ball into the endzone. Also, after an impressive second half drive by Buffalo after which it seemed they had seized the momentum, Army KR Miller returned the kick off for a touchdown, making it a 10 point game. Without these plays Army probably would not have won the game.

Up next Army faces 0-3 Eastern Michigan.

12. jca312

jca312 Walk On

Troy 24-14 Arkansas State

[​IMG]
    Levi Brown fights to score on a 9-yard scramble​

Troy used 288 passing yards from Player of the Game Levi Brown to get by Arkansas State. Brown completed 25 of his 48 passes and ran 10 times, including a crucial 9-yard scramble for a touchdown to regain the lead for Troy, which they would never relinquish. DuJuan Taylor and Shawn Southward also scored rushing touchdowns for the Trojans who improved to 2-1 and 1-0 in their Sun Belt Conference opener.