Season 3 - Week 5 Game Summaries

Discussion in 'Zeros to Heroes' started by Sabo, Oct 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

Season 3 - Week 5 Game Summaries

Good Luck Everyone

2. distrktFIVE

distrktFIVE Walk On

Bulls Rout Birds
    USF 52 Louisville 3

The Bulls had a huge past 7 days or so, knocking off big brother Miami and then cracking the top 25 for the first time in years. This was the prime opportunity for the Bulls to let their guard down and lose in a trap game against Louisville but Coach distrktFIVE kept his men focused and this encounter wasn't ever even a game.

All world QB BJ Daniels hits WR Josh Sharpe for a 13 yard TD strike and then later rushes for a 54 yard TD run to make it 14-0 at the end of 1. Daniels would tally another TD run, this time from 20 yards out to stretch it to 21-0. Two more TD strikes from Daniels, one to Evan Landi and one to Sterling Griffin, two of USF's Senior wideouts made this game laughable, 35-0 at the half.

An 8 yard TD run by the B-Back Bradley Battles made it 42-0 before Louisville could crack the scoreboard with a FG from 30 yards out. A Brockhaus FG and a Matt Grimes TD run added 10 more points for the Bulls, ending the game 52-3.

Player of the Game:
    QB BJ Daniels: 13-16 for 213 yards + 3 TD; 10 carries for 101 yards + 2 TD

3. csboiler05

csboiler05 Walk On

UCLA Wins Pac 10 Home Opener in a Thriller 34-31 in OT

After falling behind 14-0 the Bruins battled back to take a 3 point lead in the 4th Quarter. Cal forced a late Bruins punt and drove the ball to kick a 27 yard field goal as time expired. The Bruins won the toss in OT and decided to go on defense first. On the thrid play of OT, MLB J. Zumwalt intercepted a Cal pass giving J. Locke the oppurtunity to come in and kick a 42 yard field goal to win the game. We caught up with Coach Stewart after the game.

"I'm proud of my team, we're fighters. We started off the season with a nice win, and then went on to lose the next two games. We've rebounded nicely with two tough Pac 10 wins, and are now well on our way this season. We could have easily given up tonight, but we founds ways to win. Some people might quesiton me bringing in our field goal kicker right away, but when you have an all-american type kicker that can put it through the up rights from about 50, a 42 yarder is like a chip shot for him."

CAL/UCLA
    Score 31/34 in OT
    Total Offense 493/403
    Rushing 21 attempts for 59 yards 0 TDs/20 attemts for 38 yards and 3 TDs
    Passing 23 of 29 for 434 yards and 4 TDs/23 of 40 for 365 yards and 1 TD
    3rd Down 7 of 12/6 of 11
    Turnovers 2/2
    Fumlbes 1/1
    INT 1/1
    TOP 14:44/13:15

4. bdub

bdub Walk On

Air Force vs Navy

In Coach Dubs first game as the Air Force head coach the Falcons score a big win against Navy and take the first step towards taking the Commander-in-Chief's trophy for the first time since 2002.

The game started strong for Navy as they were able to recover a fumble in Air Force territory but was not able to convert the 30 yard field goal. Soon after the Falcons scored their first touchdown on an impressive 66 yard touchdown run by star QB Connor Deitz.

In the 2nd quarter both teams were able to add a field goal to bring the score to 10-3 at halftime.

The 3rd quarter was all Navy as WR Clayton Bradley took a pass 86 yards to tie the game up.

The forth quarter saw both teams lock each other down as neither team was able to gain any momentum until the final minute when the Falcons took control and drove 65 yards for the go ahead touchdown and the game.

Next the Falcons meet New Mexico in what is sure to be an exciting MWC game.

5. nrg_qbz-_-

nrg_qbz-_- Walk On

Mississippi Sends a Message to the SEC, Defeats Auburn 52-14

Just one week after an abysmal win against Memphis, coach nrg_qbz promised his fans that severe changes will be made both on the offensive and defensive end of the ball. For those that doubt the new coach, his teams performance on the field against Auburn was an absolute stunner. "It's just one game, but it's a huge lift for the players and the fans," said coach nrg_qbz. "You better come prepared when you play us. We aren't backing down from no one."

After a quick touchdown to start the first quarter by MSU, the Tigers answered on a 71-yard touchdown pass that left the coach screaming at his players on the field. "That pass should have been picked off. Plain and simple," said coach nrg_qbz. With the score tied at 7-7, MSU would simply scorch the Tigers to a tune of 45 straight points. By the time the Tigers scored a meaningless TD with 0 seconds left in the game, it was too little, too late. "This was a complete team effort man. We threw the ball. We ran the ball. We shut them down on defense," said star WR Chad Bumphis. "I could get use to this!"

Tyler Russell: 22-36 passing for 376 yards, 2TDs, 0 INTs

Shawne Alston: 25 carries for 187 yards, 3TDs

Montrell Connor: 13 carries for 78 yards, 1TD

Brandon Heavens: 7 receptions for 129 yards, 1TD

Chad Bumphis: 6 receptions for 127 yards

[YOUTUBE]kCrxEjdSqho[/YOUTUBE]​

6. OnIowa

OnIowa Zeroes to Heroes

Cavaliers Narrowly Escape Terrapins For Their 5th Straight Win

The Virginia Cavaliers Edged Maryland By 7 Point To Improve Their Record To 5-0

Virginia Cavaliers 28 vs. Maryland Terrapins 21

In a game that was close until the end, the Virginia Cavaliers came out of the 4th quarter with their 5th victory in a still undefeated season. "We made some mistakes today, but we also made some crucial plays that lead us to victory," said Coach E

These crucial plays included a 4th and goal TD from the 2 yard line by HB Torrey Mack and a a minute later, a TD catch by TE Colter Phillips with :02 left in the first half. "Those two plays defined the game," said Coach E "We did what we needed to win, we are 5-0 and 3-0 in the conference, that's all that matters."

The Virginia D was exceptional again, they have now forced 14 fumbles on the season, #1 in division 1 football. And have 4 defensive touchdowns.

The Cavaliers will face a tough road ahead with Miami, North Carolina, TCU, Georgia Tech, and Virginia Tech all left on the schedule.

However, the Virginia will be taking it one week at a time, and will put all their focus on traveling NC State this weekend. "This will definitely be our toughest challenge yet, but I know we are up to it."

Virginia Stats:

Passing ATT Comp Yards TD Int
    Michael Strauss 16 6 132 1 2

Rushing ATT Yards TD Long
    Torrey Mack 19 137 2 75
    Dominique Wallace 4 62 0 49
    Michael Strauss 4 11 0 10

Receiving Catches Yards TD Long
    Colter Phillips 2 49 1 30
    Tim Smith 1 27 0 27
    Quintin Hunter 1 25 0 25
    Torrey Mack 1 18 0 18
    Bobby Smith 1 13 0 13

Maryland Stats:

Passing ATT Comp Yards TD Int
    Danny OBrien 32 18 251 0 2

Rushing ATT Yards TD Long
    Gary Douglas 15 64 0 15
    Danny OBrien 6 40 1 73
    Dominique Burnette 5 3 0 4

Receiving Catches Yards TD Long
    Justin Bush 3 81 0 34
    Darrius Hunt 5 57 0 20
    Devonte Campbell 3 39 0 18
    Tyrek Cheeseboro 2 27 0 20
    Mario Smith 2 25 0 13
    Kerry Boykins 2 23 0 14
    Gary Douglas 1 -1 0 0

7. ChaoticUT

ChaoticUT Life is Orange and White!

[​IMG]

UCF 40 - UTEP 27

Miners lose a wild one

21 points in the fouth quarter couldn't secure UTEP a win as they were beat up in overtime. In what was arguably one of the most bizarre games the of the year (see highlights) both teams left nothing out on the field. Most of the first half was business as usual as each team traded field position, where it got weird was the last play of the second half. ECU had the ball deep in their zone, as UTEP was in a deep prevent defense, ECU ran up the middle and the RB was swarmed by 5 Miner defenders, after a tussle the RB broke free and took it 79 yards to the house to close the half. After only putting up 3 points the first 3 quarters, UTEP scored 21 points in the fourth quarter, including a 48 yard bomb with no time left in the 4th quarter to tie the game! It seemed like UTEP had the momentum. After both teams traded field goals in the first OT, ECU came out the 2nd OT and on the first play threw a TD to a wide open WR on a seam route. UTEP had a decent drive going, when on a 3rd and long UTEP's QB led a crossing route a bit to much and was picked off and taken back 93 yards for the win and final jab to the heart. The Miner's welcome in ECU next week in what has become a must win for UTEP.

[​IMG]

8. bdub

bdub Walk On

I had a game like that in another league. No matter what I did the CPU was not going to let me win. In OT if I scored first the CPU would score if they had the ball first and didn't score, I would fumble or do something totally insane until finally after 4 overtimes I messed up and they beat me.

9. ChaoticUT

ChaoticUT Life is Orange and White!

Ya I had a couple games like that and it used to really piss me off, but then I was like hey, my team is a C- overall we're suppose to suck and college football is wild so nothing should surprise me. Plus I blew it on a couple plays and they made me pay.

10. bdub

bdub Walk On

Yeah just got to remember, its just a game.

11. Zikry

Zikry Walk On

Pirates Have Their Best All-Around Game of the Season as they Stomp their Rivals, Southern Miss, 38-6

[​IMG]

After the debacle last week against Virginia Tech, the 2-2 ECU Pirates opened up conference play this week against their heated rivals Southern Miss. Coming in last year, Coach Zikry was made aware of two things that he had to do. Make sure to build the program into one that was respectable and could challenge for the top spot in Conference USA, and that he had to beat Southern Miss. The game started off well for Southern Miss, who chose to receive the opening kickoff and marched down the field, eventually scoring on a 5 yard pass from Dominique Sullivan to WR Mookie Asaad (missed XP). Those would be the only points put up by the Eagles today, and Southern Miss weren't even able to enjoy their lead for that long, as backup HB Alex Owah was able to take the ensuing kickoff 98 yards to the house, giving the Pirates the 7-6 advantage. That would be all the scoring in the first quarter.

The second quarter saw ECU add 14 more points, as they were able to score on a 100 yard interception return by SS Justin Venable when Southern Miss were threatening to regain the lead. On 3rd and goal from the 4, after being stopped twice on toss plays, Southern Miss tried to pass for the TD, but the pass was read perfectly by the defense, as it was tipped by a corner right into the hands of Venable, who just made a great play and ran it back the rest of the way (dam EA for not showing the entire play in the replay. Just showed like the last 25 yards of Venable taking it back). ECU added to their lead as they were able to score their first offensive touchdown on the day, as Brad Wornick found WR Carter Gagnon for the 6 yard score to give ECU the 21-6 lead at the half.

The third quarter was rather quiet scoring wise, as ECU were only able to score 3 points courtesy of a 21 yard field goal by Robbie Miller.

The fourth quarter saw the ECU defense score their second touchdown of the day, as FS Jack Shultz took a fumble return 93 yards back for the score as the defense was able to get yet another turnover while the opponents were in the redzone. Backup HB Michael Dobson would score on a 11 yard run late in the game to give us the final score of 38-6 for ECU.

Player Stats:

ECU ->

QB Brad Wornick: 16-23, 218 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT.
    WR Carter Gagnon: 5 catches, 76 yards, 1 TD.
    MLB Justin Jones: 11 tackles (8 for loss), 3 sacks, 1 forced fumble.
    SS Justin Venable: 6 tackles, 1 INT, 2 forced fumbles.

Next week the ECU Pirates (3-2) are on the road as they face UTEP in a key game for both teams.

12. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

Tech Stops Sooners

On Saturday the Red Raiders traveling to Norman to take on the Sooners. In a wild game the Red Raiders would upset the Sooner fans in attendance by stealing a 38-24 victory in Big 12 play.

It was a close game all the way through the game however a 21 point 4th quarter by the Red Raiders would silence the Norman crowd and the Sooners.

Next week the Red Raiders welcome the #5 Nebraska Cornhuskers in what is going to be a huge Big 12 match up.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.