Season 3 Week 5

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by whales30, Dec 19, 2010.

1. whales30

whales30 Walk On

Post Week 5 summaries here.

2. whales30

whales30 Walk On

SMU 38 - Memphis 0
    The SMU Mustangs controlled this game from beginning to end. Everything seemed to be clicking during the second half where SMU scored 31 of their 38 points. The only bad part of this game for SMU is that their star runningback Zach Line went down with an injury on the very first play.​
    Stats:
    QB Kyle Padron - 12 of 29 for 159 yards, 4 touchdowns, and 1 interception​
    RB Kevin Pope - 24 rushes for 133 yards​
    WR Darius Johnson - 4 catches for 82 yards and 2 touchdowns​

3. runwhileucan

runwhileucan Walk On

Good god whales, that was an amazing game. We don't get a lot of those.

4. whales30

whales30 Walk On

haha I know I was just forcing turnoversa and everything seemed to go my way.

5. alemic

alemic Walk On

Nice game whales! Might bring SMU back. Oh and @runwhileucan you can switch to any of the teams that just dropped out. This goes for all of you

6. alemic

alemic Walk On

Indiana takes down Kansas​
    With an undefeated record Kansas went to Indiana for the first Big 12 game for both squads. The first half was filled with offense, with the score Indiana 21 Kansas 14. Kansas would score the first 14 points of the second half to take a 28-21 lead with just under 3 minutes left in the game. Edward Wright Baker would find Chester wide open in the middle of the field, for a huge 66 yard TD pass to tie the game at 28. A quick 3 and out would give the Hoosiers the ball back with a chance to win it. They would settle for a field goal with 10 seconds left, and would seal the deal by recovering a fumble on the kick-off.​
    Final Score​
    Indiana 31 Kansas 28​

7. rice4114

rice4114 Walk On

Nice win Alemic and Whales. Maybe there is hope for us.

8. runwhileucan

runwhileucan Walk On

@alemic Nice win and I'm going to try one more game vs SDSU and depending on how that goes I'll change.

9. runwhileucan

runwhileucan Walk On

After last week I decided to give Army one more chance and it was awesome.

San Diego was the site of one of the most epic battles ever fought. I, with my crappy defense set my game plan around not giving up big plays and keeping the score manageable. I know my offense is good enough to compete against any defense, and I was able to finally get to grips with it. The game before that we played began with my KO return for a TD. Right afterward, the game on Rice's end froze and we had to replay. He gave me a free TD so it would be fair like before. Then, he was able to drive down the field and all I wanted to do was make him take 3 downs each time. He scored and I accidentally downed the kickoff at the 1 yard line. The following drive was the best I have ever orchestrated in a game. I was literally shaking afterward. It took me about 30 plays to get down the field. I had alot of 3rd down conversions, including the TD run by Steelman(who made me feel like Tim Fucking Tebow). Again we held them to a steady drive as San Diego State took it in on a 5 yard run by Ronnie Hillman. It was soon 14-14 with :50 left to go. I know, run out the clock right? Hell no! I converted a 3rd down and then with 18 seconds to go I chucked a 54 yard TD pass to George Jordan. I stop Rice and we go into halftime with a 21-14 lead.

It didn't last long as I had to kick right back to him and he ate up most of the 3rd quarter with an 78 yard drive himself, giving up the longest TD of 15 yards. The game changer was a dropped pass that would have resulted in a TD ended up forcing me to kick a FG.

As the fourth settled in it was 24-21 and I knew I had to get the ball last. That was the only way I would win it. No matter the distance, no matter the time, I just needed it last. A steady drive resulted in another rushing TD for San Diego State, this time by Bernards, the QB on an option. Then, in another 80 yard drive I converted 2 fourth downs and scored on a great 9 yard pass to Dave Collins.

I knew that I just had to let him run out the clock and I'd be safe, as I kicked off, it was a perfect kick, he was downed at the 20. But then, as usual, a consistent drive to his 10 yard line on a huge third down conversion. With 1:00 to go, my internet crashed and I never got to make that last stand. Rice was able to push it in with his HB and win the game.

Final Score: 35-31 One of the best games I have ever played. @rice4114

10. alemic

alemic Walk On

advanced

11. grat23

grat23 Walk On

Tulane 38
    UAB 33
    Tulane improved to 2-0 in Conference USA play by defeating the UAB Blazers 38-33. Tulane starting quarterback Ryan Griffin was injured in the first quarter and replaced by backup Tyler Bullock. Griffin is expected to miss two weeks with a torn pectoral. Bullock had a career day throwing for 357 yards and 2 touchdowns.