Season 3: Week 5

Discussion in 'Game Scheduling' started by Jman, Nov 15, 2011.

1. Jman

Jman It's a Flying Circus!

We are advanced!

User Games:

Army ( GMangs ) vs Akron ( Matthew Keves )

Texas Tech ( Hokie Effect ) vs Florida ( annil8tion )

Advance window: Shoot for 48 (Thursday Night), possibly 72 (Friday Night)

2. Jman

Also, this is a FINAL WARNING for ALL members of the dynasty.

Repetitious playcalling and use of the same formations over and over along with repetitive audibles at the line WILL NO LONGER BE TOLERATED FROM ANYONE.

Also, be aware of dropbacks, it IS NOT SIM to dropback 15 yards (especially in the gun, you are already dropped back so you only need a couple more steps), even on screen plays!

DO NOT abuse the offensive AI by adjusting your defense in shifts (DL/LBs) with the purpose of creating AI holes, the CPU cannot adjust to this! ITS CHEESE!

This IS NOT SIM GAMEPLAY, its falling into a rut and using formations and plays that the CPU AI cannot adjust to, period. Mix it up, use multiple formations not just 2 or 3 (hell I love the power-o but I at least run it out of 14 different formations). This is not a site where taking advantage of the AI is tolerated on any level, there are plenty of other non-sim leagues and sites out there for you to do that in.

It will be put this way, if it does not change and we cannot adapt I will start throwing results out.

Things must change and it must be understood that this is a training ground for you in TSO, if you move on to the higher echelon leagues over time and pull these things you will be booted before you know it and blakc balled form other leagues in the commissioners forums.

Bottom line, if you have questions about your gameplay, ASK. Hell, I know Baron, Hokie, and myself will even play you in an exhibition online if you want more info. I'm not the best on the sticks, but I'm damn well sim.

Hokie Effect
    Baron
    Dwreck
    annil8tion
    papaloke
    ChuckDzzNutz
    GatorJes
    GMangs
    Matthew Keves
    Coacher
    IXI DECAY IXI

This TRULY is not directed at any one individual, this is to EVERYONE, the veteran's included. I need everyone to reply to this that they understand. Discussion is welcome.

3. ChuckDzzNutz

ChuckDzzNutz Walk On

Read and understood. I believe I mix it up, but I did play Baron recently (albeit while inebriated . . . shocking, I know). I pm'd him for advice afterwards and he didn't mention anything regarding my cheezing, but I'll ask again to please feel free to point out if he saw anything. My run/pass is about 50/50 for the most part and I do operate out of diff formations. Again, I know you said this isn't directed at any one individual but I can't help but to clear my name, haha. I'm all for any constructive criticism of my game-play though.

4. Jman

No worries, I appreciate being open tot he constructive criticism though Chuck, it goes a long way. If you mix it up, your good.

5. Jman

The other thing I forgot to mention is not simply throng to your #3 WR and TE only, mix it up!

6. GatorJes

GatorJes Walk On

I know you say it's not...but... Is this directed at anyone specifically? You must have had complaints if you're bringing it up. I mean, my roster totally sucks, and if the only way I can move the ball effectively is by running it out of the Power-I, then I am running it out of the Power-I (albeit mixing up the plays). And if my defense is getting gashed up the middle for big gains, then I am squeezing my DL and mirroring my LB's to the offense's strong side. It's up to you to notice it and call a play to the outside to beat me. Is that what we're taking about here? That's not cheese, that's just good smart football.

/If that's not what we're talking about here, please ignore

7. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

8. Hokie Effect

I throw the ball 70 times a game. Is that sim :D

9. Jman

I said its to everyone, so, its to everyone. I have talked to a few users about it and fielded complaints about others throughout the time of the league. That said, to anyone here, if it gets your dander up, then maybe it is to you? Maybe not.

However, to your statement of what you will and will not run. When the CPU's AI cannot adjust to things like pinching/flipping/audibles all the time then it is not "smart gameplay", its cheese. Its cheese because it does not matter if the opposing user see's it, they cannot control EVERY player on the defense/offense. Additionally, by TSO rules you cannot take advantage of holes in the AI by using shifts (squeezing the line and shifting the LB's to the strength all the is a prime example of this as they DO create and take advantage of AI holes) or abusing the same audibles and formations again and again.

10. Jman

For Tech, absolutely, but you also don's use the same 3 formations and plays all game. lol

11. ChuckDzzNutz

ChuckDzzNutz Walk On

Now THAT I may be guilty of, haha . . . Not exclusively throwing to them, but exclusively completing to perhaps. If you see me go 11-22 passing, then those 11 incompletions are to my 1 and 2 receivers and the 11 completions are probably to my slot guy, the TE, and the back :cool:

12. Jman

Haha, its not so bad to use them this year as its hard as hell to pass in general, just don't abuse it. When a #3 has 1200 recieving and the #1 only has 400, then there would be issues lol

13. Dwreck

Dwreck Walk On

Read and understood. If anyone has seen anything in my play please PM me and I will fix it. It is certainly not intentional. I have thrown more to my TE this year only because he is one of the best players on my team and I have been using more play action. I am 99% sure I don't cheese, but if you think I do let me know.

14. Hokie Effect

And I also try to throw the ball to the other team at least 4 times a game.....

15. Jman

You're good D. We've played twice and I saw no major issues. Trust the pocket more and you're all good.

You and me both man.

16. Dwreck

Dwreck Walk On

17. GatorJes

GatorJes Walk On

OK, well I think I'm pretty "sim" except for maybe a few times where I pinched the line and rotated my LB's in reaction to giving up big gains... But I won't do that anymore. And like D said, if anyone sees "cheese" in my game, please let me know personally and I'll fix it. Thanks

18. papaloke

papaloke Fifty Shades of NCAA

Read and understood...I'm with Dwreck on this one...if anyone has seen me cheezing then let me know...Jman feel free to let me know if receive any complaints about my play...I'm a man, I'm 40...well not quite but I can handle criticism and will adjust if needed. Thanks bunches.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Dwreck

Dwreck Walk On

Nice Mike Gundy quote!

20. papaloke

papaloke Fifty Shades of NCAA

Maybe we need a cheese report...google doc that keeps up with how many times a user has been reported for cheese? I'm ok with putting everything out there in the open. It might help to hold each other accountable, just a thought.

21. annil8tion

annil8tion Walk On

@hokie

I can play tonight, like pretty soon would be awesome, hbu?

• Like Like x 1
  22. Jman

I'd rather not go that far rest assured though, if your called on it, you will hear from me. There is a learning curve to TSO, people will make mistakes and then learn...or...they go away lol

23. Matthew Keves

Matthew Keves Walk On

Acknowledged...I hope passing is fixed next year. If I throw 1 more perfect lob pass to a guy who beat his defender and tha safety jumps up and picks it over his shoulder, I'll kill someone. If he could catch like that he wouldn't be a safety!!

24. Matthew Keves

Matthew Keves Walk On

GMangs
    When do you wanna play? Tomorrow works for me better than tonight...maybe around 4 EST?

25. Baron

Baron "I'm PFP's reckoning."

This league too? :p Sorry, sorry, low blow. But you'll have your vengeance, I'm sure, either here or in the LoC.

The main issue I've been seeing (and I see it a bit in the LoC) is that the CPU this year has absolutely ZERO ability to deal with the run out of the Twins formation. Especially the varieties of I Twns (strong twins, y-trips, etc.) it can't adjust with man or zone and there will always be a hole. I was guilty of this before Jman smacked me down (that and rolling my QB out too much) and it doesn't seem like that bad of a cheese because you're not doing anything that isn't done IRL. The problem is, and again to quote obersturmfuhrer Jman, that IRL is NOT SIM, because the CPU is far, far too shitty compared to real life.

I know Jman's big red text makes it seem like we're infested with cheese but we're (other than Hokie) really not. This is a good group of guys, but there are some issues that need to be sorted out.