Season 3 Week 6

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by fuzzyl0gic, Dec 17, 2011.

1. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

Advance Deadline: Sunday 11 pm EST

Get 'em done.

Kasper
    Oshiomogho
    UofCWildcat
    The Natural
    hornfaninbama
    -Cougars-
    Philstyle3005
    JQwon13
    CoachRedd

Welcome to Week 6!
    Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== #6 North Carolina Tar Heels (3-1) ===============
    Last week, North Carolina won 56-20 against Miami (0-4).
    This week, the Tar Heels will host #20 Virginia (3-2).

=============== #20 Virginia Cavaliers (3-2) ===============
    Last week, Virginia lost 55-28 against Georgia Tech (4-0).
    This week, the Cavaliers travel to Chapel Hill to face the #6 North Carolina Tar Heels (3-1).

=============== Purdue Boilermakers (2-2) ===============
    Last week, Purdue won 31-3 against Iowa (0-4).
    This week, the Boilermakers travel to South Bend to face the #17 Notre Dame Fighting Irish (3-1).

=============== #3 Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets (4-0) ===============
    Last week, Georgia Tech won 55-28 against Virginia (3-2).
    This week, the Yellow Jackets travel to Chestnut Hill to face the Boston College Eagles (4-1).

=============== #1 Michigan Wolverines (4-0) ===============
    Last week the Wolverines were idle.
    This week, the Wolverines will host #4 Wisconsin (3-1).
    In recruiting news, the following Michigan targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) RG Joe Fields has committed to Miami

=============== Iowa Hawkeyes (0-4) ===============
    Last week, Iowa lost 31-3 against Purdue (2-2).
    This week, the Hawkeyes will host Cincinnati (1-2).

=============== #23 Nebraska Cornhuskers (3-2) ===============
    Last week, Nebraska won 55-20 against Northwestern (3-2).
    This week, the Cornhuskers are idle.

=============== NC State Wolfpack (3-1) ===============
    Last week, NC State won 48-37 against Florida State (2-2).
    This week, the Wolfpack will host Maryland (3-1).

=============== #12 Wake Forest Demon Deacons (4-0) ===============
    Last week, Wake Forest won 48-21 against ECU (0-3).
    This week, the Demon Deacons travel to Durham to face the Duke Blue Devils (1-3).

=============== #4 Wisconsin Badgers (3-1) ===============
    Last week, Wisconsin won 47-28 against Minnesota (2-1).
    This week, the Badgers travel to Ann Arbor to face the #1 Michigan Wolverines (4-0).

2. CoachRedd

CoachRedd I come through in something real foolish

bout time

3. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

Purdue pulls away in 2nd half for 41-21 win over rival Notre Dame.

9 total turnovers in this game. I lost 2 fumbles, but also had a 3rd that was very costly. I had 2nd and goal at the 1-inch line and thought i had a run up the middle coming, but somehow i must have accidentally picked a pass play. My QB got murdered and fumbled and one of my OL recovered. Ended up having to settle for a field goal. But had a pair of pick-sixes and that was all I needed to cruise.

Doug Gentry earns player of the game honors with 17 carries for 242 yards and 1 TD. Ralph Boldenesque. Although those stats are definitely padded by a 98 yard TD run.

4. The Natural

The Natural Public Enemy #1

Georgia Tech Rolls Despite Turnovers
    GT 63
    BC 17

In what some are calling the 4AM Bowl...GT players seemed very groggy as they turned the ball over 3 times in the first half before getting things under control in the 3rd quarter. Heisman candidate Anthony Glaser was 19 for 31 for 327 yards, 4TDs and 3INTs. The ground game was limited but effect Broderick Snoddy rushing for 107 yds on 8 attempts. It seems as though GT is getting away from their running roots more and more as the Senior transfer quarterback becomes more comfortable with the offense.

The Yellow Jackets improve to 5-0 and are currently ranked #3 in the nation.

5. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

Downward Spiral!!!!!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On

Oshiomogho When are you good to play our game? I'm not gonna be around from 3 central to about 7 central or so. Not really sure what my plans are for tonight, but I'm pretty worn out from last night so I might just stay in. If you can start before 3 central, let me know. Otherwise it'd be sometime tonight before I could get back on.

7. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

well I had some work I had to do last night that kept me up very late and I just woke up
    I can play now if you have time but ill be around tonight or tomorrow or whenever youre ready

8. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

I've got a shit ton of yard work to do then a User game in another OD. But my Maryland will be played today for sure. Before 8 i'll say.

9. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

#12 Wake Forest 41
    @
    Duke 7

Wake Forest again got off to a slow start, but an opportunistic defense put the offense in position to jump out early in this one. Freshman Mark Bradley caught an 11 yard pass to get the scoring going, and Jackson added a field goal after an AJ Marshall INT. Sousa would cash in a 2 yard run for a score, Meril Noel would return a kick 86 yards, Josh Harris hitting paydirt from 6 yards out, and Jackson adding another field goal before the half was over would result in a 34-7 lead at half for Wake. The 2nd half was all Harris and the other RB's running out the clock for Wake to get the victory.

Kevin Sousa threw for 211 yards on 14-24 passing with a TD and an INT. Josh Harris racked up 139 yards and 2 scores on 22 attempts. Mark Bradley led the receiving charge with 77 yards on 5 catches and a score, and Matt James added 66 yards on 2 catches before being knocked out before halftime with a concussion. Wake has outscored their last two opponnents 48-7 the last two games.

Wake has a big one next week as they take on the Virginia Cavaliers who sit at 3-2 coming into this week.

10. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On

Sorry man I had passed out earlier before I left. I can play tonight. I'm on my way home now. What's your availability look like

11. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

Just watching SDSU. thats it

12. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

The Cavaliers coach on the hot seat after getting deliberately destroyed by GT and then losing to rival UNC. Coach Duke has had high expectations for the Cavaliers but isn't living up to them. Duke has already gotten another offer in mind but hasn't said anything else on it.

13. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Reminiscing about those days where you'd lose to me and my Rebels? Haha. I watch OU cause that's my team in an OD and that game was AMAZING. Also was glued to Temple because a buddy of mine has them. Love how this game gets me into more and more teams.

14. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On

Let me know when you finish watching. I'll be around

15. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

i definitely have a connection with SDSU now. Ronnie Hillman is a stud
    and Ive been a Utah State fan for about 6 years so that was a heartbreaker. Of course temple was gonna route. Wyoming is turrible

16. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

I got a TV for XB and a TV for the game in my room so I can play any time you want. Not like i dont like the distractions anyway

17. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Yeah. Knew Temple was good, worried about Utah St but the Bobcats prevail, but your Aztecs are letting me down -_-

18. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On

I'm on now if you wanna play then

19. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

Im on. Lets roll.

Im going to experimentally live stream this game http://stickam.com/oshiomogho

so anyone can check in on us!
    Its not HQ but its not too bad

• Like Like x 1
  20. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

workin pretty slick

21. CoachRedd

CoachRedd I come through in something real foolish

Couldnt make out what was going on... all I saw was cheese all over my screen.

• Like Like x 1
  22. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

Oshio is keeping it close! I think the point spread motivated him lol.

23. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

freshman QB didnt like the big house

24. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

Michigan wins 38-31. fun contest. my QB missed some big plays in key moments and he was his solid self. but I forced some turnovers and this game was close. 3 years in a row tho for him.

GG Philstyle3005

25. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On

Michigan 38
    Wisconsin 31

Michigan comes out with the win, but one thing they learned about themselves, they're not the same team they were last year. Devin Gardner under threw WR's all game long that led to picks and at one point, was almost benched. Devin threw for 266 yards and 1 touchdown but had 3 interceptions. 2 of the three balls were under thrown badly, one where a receiver had beaten the press in Cover 0 and should have been a touchdown pass. Luckily, the Wisconsin QB seemed to have the opposite problem and overthrew his passes instead of overthrown which cost them at least one touchdown. Fitzgerald Toussaint rushed for 96 yards and a touchdown. Carvin Johnson also added to his interception total by picking off a pass for 6 and also causing a fumble on Wisconsin's first possession. A possession that ended up with Michigan taking 3 points from the 3 yard line. The coaches were not happy with the performance but have to be happy for a conference win. The Michigan defense dropped pick after pick tonight when they had chances to end this game early on, but let Wisconsin hang around until the end. This team doesn't have the killer instinct that last years team had and if that doesn't change, the season will end in disappointment.

GG Oshiomogho

Last edited: Dec 18, 2011