Season 3: Week 7

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by BG, Dec 25, 2009.

1. BG

BG On The Rize!

Season 3: Week 7

#22 Stanford vs Tulsa

Stanford wins and loses in their contest with The Tulsa Golden Tornadoes Saturday afternoon. Stanford was able to dominate Tulsa the entire game; however, Stanford also lost their stud RB Toby Gerhart for 4 weeks in the process. He had been complaining of lower back pain, but was cleared to go by team physicians later in the week. He left the game in the first qtr and would not return. On a good note, true freshman RB Stepfan Taylor, picked up the slack. He carried the ball 25 times for 178 yds and 2 scores.

1st qtr-

Tulsa would strike first. After a three and out for Stanford, Tulsa drove the length of the field and kicked a 35 yd fg to take a 3-0 lead. That lead was short lived as Chris Owusu took the next kick off 96 yds for the td, Stanford led 7-3 after 1.

2nd qtr-

The second qtr saw Stanford score 21 unanswered points mainly on the arm of Andrew Luck. He finished the game 12 of 18 for 230 yds and 2 scores. Stanford would take a commanding 28-3 lead into intermission.

3rd qtr-

Although T. Gerhart was already ruled out for returning to the game, Coach Forever didn't want to pull back-up RB Taylor to so. He knows that he wil depend on him until Gerhart returns, so he wanted to get him some "significant" reps with the first team offense. He played the majority of the qtr and ran well. Stanford would score 10 more points before a field by Tulsa ended the unanswered scoring at 31 points. Stanford would increase lead to 38-6 heading to the forth qtr.

4th qtr-

The Cardinals would call of the dogs in the fourth; going three and out on several drives. They added a late field goal and ran out the clock to secure their 5th win on the season.

Final Score:

Stanford- 41

Tulsa- 6

Game Photos to Come.......

2. DrunkenSoldier

DrunkenSoldier Luck Of The Irish

Houston beats Tulane 28-16.
    Freshman HB Sims runs for 113 yds and a TD
    Case Keenum throws for 261 and 3 TD's, 1 Int.

Houston goes to 4-2 on the year

3. Super3Way

Super3Way Guest

KSU 62 SD State 20

For the second week in a row, KSU played their second string the entire second half. Chris Harper threw for 5 TD's and ran for 100+ yards, making a statement for being a heisman candidate. Kansas State is now 7-0 and ranked 14th in the nation.

4. Vinsanity

Vinsanity Walk On

Sorry for the lack of updates, christmas!

well SJSU beats their opponent by 2. I actually forgot who i played :p. all iremmeber is disaster at the end.

I was up 8, kicking a FG will put this game away. but nooooo i missed it. then the cpu drovve down for a TD. going for two! phew they didn't get it. thought to myself prolly won, but noooo cpu recovered damn onside kick. drove down the field to only miss at 45+ yard FG :)

but i won so tats all good