Season 3 Week 7

Discussion in 'Game Scheduling' started by The Parrothead, Feb 11, 2013.

1. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

Week 7 is up. Will post the dynasty news when it is available.

Riptides
    NavyHog40
    Burrcat2277
    Will Atkinson
    UofCWildcat

We do have one user game with Alabama playing Florida State. Tentative advance set for Wednesday at 10 pm EST.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2013
  2. Riptides

Riptides Potential Star

Will Atkinson , tonight or tomorrow around 9:30 pm eastern work for you?

3. Will Atkinson

Will Atkinson Walk On

I'm gonna try to be home by 9:30 tonight so we can play.. What is the latest time you can kickoff tonight? Tomorrow at 9:30 should be no problem though if we can't get it in tonight..Riptides

Last edited: Feb 12, 2013
  4. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Ill try to get it in to tonight. If not it'll be done tomorrow. Working on a video

5. Burrcat2277

Burrcat2277 Walk On

another F ing freeze right after halftime unbelievable...

6. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Have you saved your game to your harddrive? Usually helps that

7. Burrcat2277

Burrcat2277 Walk On

Yeah I did that after the last time it happened, I've never had an issue offline it is always OD when it happens. Also after every time it freezes when I start back up it says I need the online pass to use online. I always have to restart the game twice it's weird.

8. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Man that's shitty.

9. Burrcat2277

Burrcat2277 Walk On

At least it doesn't happen to often I guess, hopefully '14 doesn't have the same freeze problems.

10. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

One can only hope...

11. Todd Ramsey

Todd Ramsey Walk On

Uofcwildcat I can play tonight if you want.

We advanced.

12. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Lets go. Give me 15 minutes

13. Todd Ramsey

Todd Ramsey Walk On

I'm on.

Good luck.

14. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Good luck to you too man.

15. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Gg man. Tough one cause I battled back.

The Parrothead can we run game planning? I feel like UGA was because in the rain I couldn't get him to drop anything. I looked at his players catching and they are in the low 80s and his halfback had only one drop and 3 receptions. If that's okay then I think we should discuss game planning cause the conservative running and catching have zero negative effects and can make the game really unfair at times. While this didn't in any way win the game for UGA (sorry the name is slipping me at the moment) it sure helped. Just good for thought if its not already a rule. And if UgA didn't have it on I'd like to know. Cause maybe you could fire some tips my way. I'm good at user catching but not that good

16. Todd Ramsey

Todd Ramsey Walk On

I always run conservative catching and running against human opponents. That isn't against the rules is it?

17. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Not that i read but i definitely assumed. In most Leagues i've been in, Game Planning is frowned upon because like i said, most are low risk high reward. No problem if you used it my friend. Your speedy HBs were enough to beat me alone. My word how pissed i was giving up that 80+ yard TD run on the Diamond Formation. But like i said, if it's not a rule, i'd like to talk about maybe making it a rule for next season

18. Todd Ramsey

Todd Ramsey Walk On

The only problem with making it against the rules is iris hard to regulate. You may have an idea someone is using conservative catching, but it is still hard to prove. Would you also limit big hits, zone coverage, etc? I acknowledge I will give up some YAC and broken tackles on runs to limit turnovers. Just a counterpoint, I'm good either way.

And you haven't seen mad unless you seen me after flubbing the onside kick.

Great game.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Burrcat2277

Burrcat2277 Walk On

I've never used any game planning (except tempo in obvious situations) so I have no idea what affect each may have while playing. I have never wanted anything to change the way my guys play, I like total control through play calling and making changes at the line of scrimmage for individual players or units.

20. Todd Ramsey

Todd Ramsey Walk On

With conservative catching they rarely drop passes and with conservative running they rarely fumble. You do give up some of the ability to break tackles.

It makes a difference.

21. Burrcat2277

Burrcat2277 Walk On

It's the negatives that shy me away from it, me personally would cover up the ball or user catch etc. but either way I'm bipartisan in this i don't care either way. I do agree with UofC though, I have heard it is frowned upon so I don't know, I guess we'll see what Parrot thinks.

22. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

I'm amazing at onside kicks so I knew it was mine. I'd of been pissed too. Almost as pissed as I was giving up 3 huge completions... Great game man.

23. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

It's not a problem if we all agree one way or the other but it just sucks cause you feel helpless at times on defense with the conservative catching. The conservative running is probably only a me tho cause I big hit a lot.

24. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

Generally speaking it's been an "unwritten rule" that those don't get used. Much the same way as pass commit or run commit don't get used. I don't see anything in our rules or the general rules that say we can't. That said, it'd be my preference that the only one that gets used is the one allowing you to chew clock. If the rest of the crew thinks we should allow everything, let me know and we can discuss.

Riptides
    Will Atkinson
    Burrcat2277
    NavyHog40
    UofCWildcat

• Like Like x 1
  25. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Thanks for clarification.