Season 3 - Week 8 Game Summaries

Discussion in 'Zeros to Heroes' started by Sabo, Oct 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

Good Luck Guys

2. TeXasfight33

TeXasfight33 Walk On

SMU has a bye:( ill get done with recruiting tonight

3. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

Bump

4. Zikry

Zikry Walk On

[​IMG]
    ECU 24 Memphis 21
    [​IMG]
    ECU played possibly their worst game of the year, other than their blowout loss to Virginia Tech, but somehow still were able to come out victorious against the Memphis Tigers. The Pirates seemed to do everything they could to lose this game; throwing costly interceptions, not being able to run the ball, dropping passes, and missing interceptions, but with all that said ECU is able to maintain its undefeated run in conference play. The 1st quarter was all about Memphis as ECU really couldn't get anything going. After being forced to punt, Memphis were able to come up with a big interception, leading to a 50 yard bomb from Will Gilchrist to wide receiver Sean Farr to give the away team the early 7-0 lead. That lead would hold up until the 2nd quarter, where ECU were able to score 14 unanswered and take the 7 point lead. First, Brad Wornick would find Reese Wiggins on a 8 yard score, then with 43 seconds left in the half Wornick found Wiggins again, but this time from 32 yards out to give ECU the 14-7 lead.​
    Memphis would tie up the game in the 3rd quarter thanks to a 12 yard pass from Gilchrist to Reggie Davis and would force ECU into taking a field goal with 5:41 left in the 4th when they were driving looking for a 7 point lead. That looked to re-energize Memphis who would regain the lead on their ensuing drive, as Ketauras Stanton (who terrorized ECU's defense all day, racking up 7 broken tackles on the day) took it in from 7 yards out, and with 2:41 left in the game Memphis had the 21-17 lead. As Brad Wornick prepared to go back in and drive his team down the field, Memphis were kicking the ball off to Alex Owah. Owah decided he would take things into his own hands, as he juked to the left sideline and was able to beat the coverage for a 95 yard score, giving ECU back the lead 24-21 and sending the home crowd into a frenzy. That would be all the scoring in this game as the ECU defense were able to keep Memphis from getting into field goal position, regaining the ball after an unsuccessful 4th down attempt from midfield as ECU were able to keep the ball and keep hold of the 3 point win. This win is ECU's 4th in a row following the Virginia Tech debacle, and pushes their overall record to 6-2, 4-0 in conference play. Next week ECU are on the road to face UCF.​
    ECU Player Stats:
    QB Brad Wornick: 20-35, 277 yards, 2 TDs, 2 INTs​
    HB Matt Brown: 13 rush attempts, 55 yards​
    WR Reese Wiggins: 8 catches, 124 yards, 2 TDs​
    WR Torian Richardson: 6 catches, 103 yards​
    MLB Justin Jones: 8 tackles​

5. JVrazorback

JVrazorback Walk On

Tulsa 29
    UCF 38
    Tulsa Quarterback S.Beaver put his team in position too win the game and then took them out of the game. S.Beaver threw 3 touchdowns and three picks. Some of his throws looked just plain awful. The defense was not able too overcome the offensive woes. Coach jv was asked what he thought about the game and he had this too say " We played like a bunch high school kids today. This is by far the worst I have seen these guys play. Our quarterback couldnt hit the broad side of a barn if his life depended on it. "
    Well it looks like Tulsa will have too go back too the drawing board too turn this season around. They better do something quick because they will face a well coached SMU team next week.

6. nrg_qbz-_-

nrg_qbz-_- Walk On

Mississippi Continues to Roll Through the SEC, Hammers Kentucky 41-3

Don't look now folks, but the Bulldogs of Mississippi State is quietly making some noise within the conference with another dominating victory, this time against the Kentucky Wildcats. The Bulldogs, who have given up the most points per game in the conference, forced 2 turnovers, not including two fumbles which they could not recover.

The Bulldogs opened up the game with a Shawne Alston 21 yard TD run followed by a Brandon Heavens 13 yard TD reception. Forcing punt after punts against Kentucky, the Bulldogs would score two more TD's in the second quarter to go up 28-0 at halftime. With a big lead in hand, the Bulldogs were content to go to a ground heavy offense in the second half. Controlling the ball on the ground as well as the clock, Mississippi State would win out 41-3. "This was a huge win for the team," said coach nrg_qbz. "Our defense has been taking a beating in the last month or so, but the last two games have been amazing."

7. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

Red Raiders lose shootout to Longhorns
    It is a game that is circled every year for both teams. The battle between Texas Tech and Texas. This years game was a texas style shootout.
    In a game that was back and forth on scores the Longhorns would prevail 45-42.
    We caught up with Coach Sabo after the game
    "I have no complaints with how my guys played today. I take full responsibility for our loss today.
    With the clock winding down and us trailing by 3 points we were moving the ball down field and I poorly
    managed the clock and it was a fatal mistake. We are still in the hunt for the Big 12 title and this mistake will never happen again."
    ***On a side note be sure to remember if you have "Chew the Clock" turned on because I forgot and chewed my final 15 seconds away before I remembered i had it turned on. And yes I wanted to spike my ps3 off the concrete lol.***
    Scoring Summary
    First Quarter
    05:38TDTexasMarquise Goodwin WR #8 71 yard pass from Mark Massey QB #17

02:34TDTexas TechAlexander Torres WR #86 15 yard pass from Seth Doege QB #7

01:07TDTexas TechEugene Neboh CB #10 42 yard fumble

00:30TDTexasTraylon Shead HB #15 71 yard rush

Second Quarter
    04:04TDTexasChris Whaley HB #27 4 yard rush

03:38TDTexas TechAustin Zouzalik WR #6 56 yard pass from Seth Doege QB #7

01:43TDTexasBarrett Matthews FB #89 3 yard pass from Mark Massey QB #17

00:30FGTexasTravis Smith K #35 34 yard field goal

00:01FGTexasTravis Smith K #35 17 yard field goal

Third Quarter
    05:23TDTexas TechEric Stephens HB #24 6 yard rush

04:30TDTexas TechJosh Gibbs FB #39 13 yard pass from Seth Doege QB #7

01:43FGTexasTravis Smith K #35 35 yard field goal

00:00TDTexas TechWill Ford CB #7 59 yard interception

Forth Quarter
    00:22TDTexasMike Davis WR #4 6 yard pass from Mark Massey QB #17

8. TeXasfight33

TeXasfight33 Walk On

tough loss les miles hahaha
    when are we advancing?

9. OnIowa

OnIowa Zeroes to Heroes

I'll be getting my game in here in a bit, then I think were advancing. Sorry for the delay guys

10. OnIowa

OnIowa Zeroes to Heroes

The Virginia Cavaliers Win Another Close Game, Now 8-0 Overall

Virginia 28 vs. North Carolina 21

Cavaliers Still Undefeated

The Virginia Cavaliers took the lead in the first quarter and would not trail the entire game, as they beat rival North Carolina by 7 points in an ACC battle. "I'm really proud of how our guys performed today," said Coach E "We need to focus 0n next week though, as this will be a battle between undefeated teams."

HB Torrey Mack lead the Virginia offense as he has done the whole season. Mack ran the ball 30 times for 161 yards and 3 TD. If Mack keeps performing at this level, one would think he has a chance to be a Heisman candidate. QB Michael Strauss completed 9 of 14 passes for 132 yards and TE Colter Phillips caught 7 passes for 109 yards and a TD.

The Cavalier defense allowed less that 300 yards of total offense and recorded 1 sack. The Cavalier defense has emerged as one of the best in the country.

The Cavaliers take on TCU next week, TCU comes in 7-0 and Virginia 8-0, this will be a matchup for the ages.

11. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

THREAD CLOSED

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.