Season 3 Week 9 Scores

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Bondzai, Feb 22, 2010.

1. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

Season 3 Week 9 Scores

2. astealthyhippo

astealthyhippo happy painting and god bless

#24 Minnesota - 27
    @
    Ole Miss - 20

About as close of a game as you can get. I was going to post a mini write-up, but I will wait and do a full write up w/ videos either later tonight or tomorrow morning. A quick write-up doesn't do this one justice. Awesome game.

3. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

TAMU 52
    Kansas 14

A&M struggled in the first half vs Kansas, going into halftime at home with a slim 3 point lead. The team rallied at halftime and outscored the Jayhawks 35-0 in the 2nd half.

Coach Dru's election to change to the USC playbook before this game (due to my lack of success passing from the spread with Tannehill) looked like a poor one early, but starting in the mid 2nd quarter, Tannehill really turned it on and put up perhaps his best game ever. He went 22-29 for 353 yards and 4 TD's. The running game was ineffectual with Brad Stephens carrying the ball (17 attempts for 50 yards including being stuffed on consecutive red zone drives inside the 5). Coach Dru decided a change was in order and put in RS sophomore K. Guyton, who played very will in the second half. He had 74 yards on 14 carries with a score.

The surprise of the game was RS soph WR K. McNeal, who had 4 catches for 147 yards and two long TD's of 89 and 37 yards.

The defense was again solid but unspectacular.

Player of the Game - R. Tannehill

Up next - The Aggies visit #14 Oklahoma.

4. EaglesIrish5

EaglesIrish5 Walk On

UNC 40 Miami 26

This game was alot closer then the score indicated. Da U had the superior athletes and were much faster all over the field. UNC could bairly muster up enough of a running game to be effective. In the end turnovers and Bryn Renner were the difference for the Heels. Renner was 18 of 35 for 352 yards and two TDs. The first score came on an 84 yard pass to sophomore Joshua Adams. Adams finished with 5 catched for 153 yards and 1 score. Dwight Jones also added 5 grabs of his own for 132 yards. Renners second TD pass came by way of a 44 yard pass to tight end Christian Wilson.

Junior Middle Linebacker Zach Brown got the Tar Heel scoring started with a 27 yard intereception return TD.

New week the Tar Heels will take on the Wake Forest Demon Deacons.

5. uncleho

uncleho Walk On

Clemson 31
    #7Georgia Tech 15

The second game in a row Clemson RB Jamie Harper put up 180 or more rushing yards and multiple TD's. Eight different Clemson receivers also caught passes in this game.

6. Twister18

Twister18 I aint got time to bleed!

I agree. My hands were literally numb when we were done. (y)

7. gwill

gwill Sierra, Hotel, India, Echo, Lima, Delta

South Carolina 42
    Tennessee 17

8. Scarecrow

Scarecrow Walk On

Louisville 16
    #16 South Florida 34

9. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

#5 IOWA TRAMPLES OVER MICHIGAN IN ANN ARBOR 42-24

#5 IOWA TRAMPLES OVER MICHIGAN IN ANN ARBOR 42-24

[​IMG]
    Iowa QB Marvin McNutt (Pictured Above) passed for 178 yards and rushed for 129 yards against Michigan.

TEAM 1ST 2ND 3RD 4TH TOT
    IOWA 14 14 7 7 42
    MICH 14 0 3 7 24

[​IMG]
    Hawkeye Fans came to the game fully equipped with T-Shirts.

The #5 Iowa Hawkeyes rushed at will over the Michigan Wolverines Defense. The Hawks rushed for 346 yards on the ground with 524 yards of total offense. The Michigan offense played well totalling 326 yards led by the arm of Tate Forcier who threw for 300+ yards.

The Hawks offense was led by QB Marvin McNutt who went 14-18 with 178 yards and 129 yards rushing off of 15 carries with 2 TD's. HB Brandon Wegher rushed for 147 yards on 21 carries with 3 TD's. The receiving core was led by TE Brad Herman who caught 6 passes for 70 yards. Freshmen WR Stephane Ngoumou caught 3 passes for 46 yards.

The Hawks defense was led by MLB Bruce Davis who had 10 tackles with 2 TFL. FS Jack Swanson added 7 tackles.

The #5 Iowa Hawkeyes (7-1,5-0) will now travel back home to face the #23 Wisconsin Badgers on their home turf in Iowa City.