Season 3 - Week 9 Scores

Discussion in 'The Trifecta' started by Dru50, Jun 1, 2010.

1. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Sep 13, 2009
    Season 3 - Week 9 Scores

One user game - Texas vs Nebraska.

I'd like to try and advance by Thursday night at the latest.
  2. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Feb 24, 2009
    South Carolina - 12
    Tennessee - 28

The Vols bounce back from last weeks loss to Bama with a solid game, taking down the Gamecocks at home. The run game was held in check for most of the game as both Brown and Oku did not go over the 100 yard mark for the first time in a few weeks. Freshman QB Brown was inconsistent once again, throwing 2 TD's but also throwing 2 picks. The defense was solid again, shutting down USC's run game completely. Tennessee imporves to 5-3 on the season and 4-1 in the SEC.
  3. marcman777

marcman777 Walk On

Mar 1, 2009
    OU beats up on Oklahoma State in a big way. Can't remember the score, but it was like 63-20. Calhoun had another huge day and continues his Heisman campaign.
  4. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Sep 23, 2009
    Auburn 45
    Georgia 42

The Tigers squeak one out between the hedges. My QB's threw 4 picks and Georgia kept piling on the offense. Getting a stop was really tough in this game. HB Onterrio McCalleb ran for 185, caught 50 and scored 5 times.

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

Jun 5, 2009
    Nebraska 21 - Texas 20

Nebraska goes into DKR stadium in Austin and pulls off the upset of #10 Texas.

Texas was up 6-0 at the half after putting up two fieldgoals off of Nebraska Ints. The first half was a hardcore defensive struggle with each defense really laying the lumber. It was pretty awesome. Just hard hits everywhere.

The 2nd half started to open up a little bit. Nebraska fumbled their first possession of the 2nd half deep in our own territory and Texas was able to capitalize on the short field to make it 13-0. We then put together a long, methodical, really tough drive and were able to score to make it 13-7. Then on the next possession Texas scored on slant to Malcolm Williams that he broke for a long td. Twist called the perfect play right there, as I was totally looking run and ran a heavy strong side blitz and left Williams and my CB all alone on that side of the field and it killed me.

So with the score 20-7, we were able to score again to make it 20-14 then after trading possessions I got the ball back with a little more than 2 minutes left and started driving. RB Lester Ward really stole the show on the final drive grinding out hard yards with Longhorn defenders hanging all over him and he single handedly took us down into Texas territory. Then on a 3rd and 4 (maybe 5 can't remember) Cody Green rolled out and was being chased by a few Texas defenders and he just kinda chucked it down field and my TE made a great catch between like 3 guys to get the first down, but Texas was also called for a roughing the passer which tacked on an extra 15 to put me down inside the 20. We eventually scored the go ahead td and extra point to make it 21-20 with about 40 seconds to go.

Texas started to drive into fieldgoal range when SS Matt Berry intercepted a Gilbert pass and we took a knee and ended the game.

Twist...what else can I say except that was fuggin' epic! By the time it was over I was happy to have won, but wow that was a lot of fun to play.

I'm really looking forward to the Notre Dame v. Ohio State game in C2C in a few weeks.
  6. Twister18

Twister18 I aint got time to bleed!

Oct 26, 2009
    Great summary and game! That HB drug my DTs all over the field, especially on the drive that started at your 1. Can't wait to play ya in C2C!